Skip to content

Comments

• I think you'll find he will be leaving in the summer...everyone knows that!??

• SEN-SANTIONAL!

Never doubted it.

• Also, our social media team are golden.

• That's really great news

• Nice one Gapey.
    Good to see he feels that the future is bright enough here to sign on after that sheepish one yearer last summer.

• edited March 2020

I wonder if we'll see any others who are out of contract in the summer follow suit and commit early.

• Reminds us who is in that boat stats king

• So close to a sentence.

• @Malone Well technically this doesn't come under stats ?, but...

Yates
    Stewart
    Sido
    JJ
    Mascoll
    Blooms
    Pattison
    Bayo

• @drcongo said:
    So close to a sentence.

Oh do bore off lol

• @chairboyscentral said:
    @Malone Well technically this doesn't come under stats ?, but...

Yates
    Stewart
    Sido
    JJ
    Mascoll
    Blooms
    Pattison
    Bayo

Probably only Stewart who is a key early sign up from that list.

Bayo probably needs to decide if he wants to, and can actually do another season first!

• Interesting. Of that lot, I see Stewart and JJ as obvious candidates and Bayo if all parties are game. I'm not sure anyone else is an obvious candidate for an extension...

• Stewart,JJ and Mascoll would be the ones I would offer contracts to. Would offer Blooms the manager’s /coach job to the new U23s ( if that gets of the ground).

• edited March 2020

Yates will come down to how much potential Gareth and Dobbo see in him - clearly enough to give him this extra year, so we'll see. I agree with Stewart, JJ and Mascoll - the latter of whom I think has shown real promise in the little playing time he's had this season, and he'd be learning behind one of the best! If we're still in League One and Bayo wants another year, give it to him - IF the p-word happens, I don't know.

• Not sure if such stats are available but would be interesting to know what proportion of goals featured a significant contribution ( not necess an assist) from at least one of bayo and/or JJ.

Instinct says that we will struggle losing one or other. Losing both at same time could bring real problems.

• Depends on the replacements, @DevC.

• Of course but Bayo is so unique and our style so built around him that playing style would have to change significantly. Take out JJ set pieces at same time even more so.

• Sure. And, to my ignorant eye, Bayo suits Gareth's style so well. Nonetheless, I'd like to think, not least because he's committed to us for the next few years, that Gareth could adapt if we got a sufficiently good CF and LB in as replacements.

• Next captain?

• @DevC said:
    Not sure if such stats are available but would be interesting to know what proportion of goals featured a significant contribution ( not necess an assist) from at least one of bayo and/or JJ.

Instinct says that we will struggle losing one or other. Losing both at same time could bring real problems.

I don't know about Bayo, but we've scored 15 set-piece goals and - from memory - JJ has been involved in 13 of them. That's almost a third of our goals this season.

• Heck of a memory you've got.

• edited March 2020

Ha, sometimes. To be fair, it's a near-certainty that a Wycombe set-piece goal will have involed JJ. Also, make that 14 - one of the two I was thinking of was Charles v Bristol Rovers, which stemmed from a McCarthy free-kick, but I think JJ had that volley just before the goal? In which case he would have been involved. His wand is going to be bloody difficult to replace when the time comes.

• Enjoy it while you can.

• JJ is the greatest corner taker in history.

And Dom made my day!

• As I lay there wrestling with a rather large lady for the last packet of Andrex , this came a a welcome surprise.

• @BuckinghamBlue said:
    As I lay there wrestling with a rather large lady for the last packet of Andrex , this came a a welcome surprise.

Some people I know would pay good money for that

• Fantastic news he obviously thinks we can achieve something under the current set up, i dreaded losing him in the summer.

• Funny that bayo, stewart and jj have all been described as not good enough/too old/no pace at some point this season by some fans yet i would want to keep them whatever happens at the end of the season.