Skip to content

Oxford ticket sales info

Comments

• @Stewie63 said:
    I don’t think this game will take place unfortunately. Coranavirus will be rife by then and all mass gatherings will be cancelled.
    Sad but I think the UK will be in lockdown with very limited travelling permitted.

This sort of thinking currently is far more dangerous than any virus.

• Dont panic! Don't panic! As we've just heard from a scientist who says there is no need to be overly alarmed lets now go to our correspondent at the Loo Roll Mass Rumble. What are the great british public saying there Dave?

• Yes. We will be in lockdown and king bozzer will be giving everyone a months wages to stay at home in the Budget. Safer in the beechdean than on my daily commute. I'm assuming the facebook group will be expecting the gasroom to.be decimated!

• edited March 2020

Is it just me or do some people want the country to go into lockdown and grind to a halt?

• @LX1 said:

@Stewie63 said:
    I don’t think this game will take place unfortunately. Coranavirus will be rife by then and all mass gatherings will be cancelled.
    Sad but I think the UK will be in lockdown with very limited travelling permitted.

Sorry but this is ridiculous scaremongering and isn't helpful

Is it? Look at the figures now across Europe.
    Once infections infections in the UK get into the 1000s , drastic measures will be implemented.
    It’s not an if it’s a when.
    Things could be very different by the time of the Oxford game.

• @floyd said:

@Stewie63 said:

This sort of thinking currently is far more dangerous than any virus.

He's not saying he wishes it were so but merely that it seems entirely possible that it will be. Given what's happening elsewhere, it seems a reasonable supposition and not remotely dangerous.

• No one wants the worst to happen, but constantly expecting the worst is no way to live.

• These people will have spent the whole season fretting about when we're going to slip out of contention for promotion rather than enjoy the wonderful ride

As you say, no way to live

• @eric_plant said:
    These people will have spent the whole season fretting about when we're going to slip out of contention for promotion rather than enjoy the wonderful ride

As you say, no way to live

Couldn't have put it better. I'm going to use that one at the first opportunity.

• Given that all of Italy is in lockdown, and that they only had four confirmed Covid-19 cases on 21 February, it is entirely reasonable to predict that the Oxford game may not go ahead.

• Home fans only would be the most sensible approach

• Italy do seem to have gone rather OTT in their response, I'm not convinced we'd do the same.

• @Chris I think it’s all those “entirely reasonable predictions” that’s led to those ridiculous panic buying scenes. It’s just as likely that the Oxford game will be called off on health and safety grounds because the club has no loo paper.

• @chairboyscentral They've had 463 deaths and 9,000+ confirmed cases. What's the proportionate response?

• We can only wait and see what medical advice the Government will receive and hence what they will do.

If they insist on matches being played behind closed doors, the impact could be very severe on the many (most?) lower league clubs that are financially struggling.

lack of income from behind closed doors games
    do season ticket holders seek refunds for the games they have missed
    who would buy a season ticket for the following season until it was clear that matches would restart.

meanwhile wages continue to need paying.

lets hope the situation doesn't deteriorate.

• I suspect a lot of people won’t take it seriously until it affects someone they know.

I’m in that boat now so am taking it very seriously. My wife has chronic asthma and our parents our elderly and have underlying health issues.

No need to panic, but please don’t assume that we can carry on as normal and ignore sensible advice to keep some social distances whilst we get a handle on things. For example, I know of 4 people who’ve been mixing with people who’ve visited virus regions, who are exhibiting severe symptoms, but 111 and NHS aren’t interested as it doesn’t fit their flow chart for testing. Astonishing and hardly reassuring.

Whilst the fit and healthy might feel invulnerable, everyone knows someone old or ill right? Do something selfless and try and protect more vulnerable members of our society.

I’ve no view on the Oxford game atm, but I suspect things are likely to change between now and then.

• Isn't the current advice to carry on as normal, though?

• Wash hands, don’t touch your face, self isolate if any symptoms, steer clear of vulnerable people and try not to touch surfaces in public if you can help it.

• @Lloyd2084 it must be a concerning time for you and your family. Apologies if my earlier post was insensitive

• I think the Italian response is admirable. Whether we could, should or would do the same thing in the UK is a different matter.

Best wishes @Lloyd2084

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Italy do seem to have gone rather OTT in their response, I'm not convinced we'd do the same.

You're joking? They have tonnes of cases, and it's spreading like absolute wildfire.
    What would you suggest? A bit more hand washing?

• edited March 2020

Ok, I didn't realise quite how many cases they had over there!

• edited March 2020

@Doob said:
    @Chris I think it’s all those “entirely reasonable predictions” that’s led to those ridiculous panic buying scenes.

While that may be so, it doesn’t make it any less true.

• There's a convenient International Break coming up, meaning a decision to play football matches behind closed doors for two weeks would have little or no impact on Premier League or Championship clubs.
    I predict the Oxford game will go ahead as normal but Coventry away and Shrewsbury away will be played behind closed doors... which would obviously be better for us than for Coventry or Shrewsbury.

• In the event of games having to be played behind closed doors it would be nice to think that the ifollow rules would be relaxed so at least we could watch Saturday 3.00 pm games on line in the UK.

• Will we be allowed to hug random strangers when Bayo nods in a 97th minute winner?

• LX1LX1
    edited March 2020

Given that the scientists have said stopping large gatherings is largely ineffectual, it would be a massive U-turn to do so now. I support a border check at the bottom of Aston Rowant escarpment though

• Won't playing games behind closed doors just force more people into the pubs, where the virus will spread more easily?

• @Slaphead said:
    In the event of games having to be played behind closed doors it would be nice to think that the ifollow rules would be relaxed so at least we could watch Saturday 3.00 pm games on line in the UK.

It does sound like that would happen.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Won't playing games behind closed doors just force more people into the pubs, where the virus will spread more easily?

I believe it is already being considered whether, in the event 3:00 p.m. Saturday TV screening is allowed, pubs, clubs, etc. should be prohibited from showing the TV streams in order to stop people gathering there. Allowing only private individuals to view the live matches on TV is a possibility.