Skip to content

Ten to Go: Burton (a) Crowd speculation - Match 35 - Sat 14th March 2020

In these somewhat unpredictable times there may be 10 games to go, there could be 12, there could be more.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V_viT6wKrvKY6zxN-DxsdEuu9RqUqssEP5L2Vi5fJkc/edit?usp=sharing

I go 3100 with 400 in our end.

I guess that attendances for the rest of the season could be affected by factors beyond the normal ones and the topic now has a whole spectrum of different feelings attached.

In gasroomers I trust: a measure of respect for other posters is a quality on this forum I admire greatly.

I have made my prediction as normal, assuming that the game will not by played behind closed doors. If the game is played behind closed doors or is postponed attendance predictions on these thread will not count and it could be just that bit harder to reel in @DevC at the top of the table.

Last ten games - Up the Blues.

Comments

• 3,445 with 502 away

• 3234 with 448, thanks!

• 3742 with 647 Chairboys

• 3689 with 501 cheering on our move back into the playoff places

• 3600 with 500 travelling

• 2,945 with 511 Wanderers

• 3333 with 533 from Wycombe

• Don't mean to hijack the thread, so feel free to ignore me, but how have Burton been competitive with such a small ground? Do they have a very rich owner putting squillions in or have they been exceptionally well run?

• 3,695 with 485 Chairboys.

• I win at last!

• Nice try @LDF, but as per the rules above:-

"If the game is played behind closed doors or is postponed attendance predictions on these thread will not count"

And you were so so close too.

• Ok. I will restart the thread when / if the game is rearranged.

In the meantime I will use the skills I have learnt with the spreadsheets to produce a League One table based on points per games.

• @Twizz said:
    Nice try @LDF, but as per the rules above:-

"If the game is played behind closed doors or is postponed attendance predictions on these thread will not count"

And you were so so close too.

Bah, what a swizz.

• Time to revisit this?

Fleetwood away: 0 with 0 from Wycombe.

More to the point it’s probably time to declare the winner?

(And whilst I was trying to find this thread I came across one that @railwaysteve posted at around this time - straight after the Burton game was called off - which showed the final PPG table. Excellent foresight)

• @railwaysteve said:
    Ok. I will restart the thread when / if the game is rearranged.

In the meantime I will use the skills I have learnt with the spreadsheets to produce a League One table based on points per games.

@railwaysteve knew first! Extraordinary.

• Thanks @bookertease for rousing me from spreadsheet inactivity.
    I have an idea which would extend the competition to our end of this unusual season. I am currently testing its feasibility.

@DevC has a commanding lead at the moment and can only be caught if there are at least two more games in which Wycombe participate.

Can I ask for gasroom tolerance whilst watching this space.

Up the Blues.

• What about personally presenting Dev with the prize at half time in the first home game that is open to the fans!

• @mooneyman - mmm - could be a while.... He could present the prize for the score forecast competition on the same occasion.

• I feel cheated, cheated I tell you! We had fixtures that I definitely would have predicted accurately. Prepare for Project Vengeance next season, I will have the biggest chip on my shoulder.

Sorry, been reading to many Barry Fry interviews.