Skip to content

Jordan Ibe

Just read the BFP online story about him failing to stop after causing damage in his car. Seems to be a classic case of a under performing premier league player with too much time and money and no moral compass.

Comments

• He should’ve stayed at Wycombe for another couple of seasons.

• Makes you appreciate what a wonderful bunch of players we have both on and off the pitch

• @Stewie63 said:
    He should’ve stayed at Wycombe for another couple of seasons.

Would there have been a WWFC if he had stayed, without the sale money potentially we could have been bust?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Stewie63 said:
    He should’ve stayed at Wycombe for another couple of seasons.

Would there have been a WWFC if he had stayed, without the sale money potentially we could have been bust?

Nah, we owed Hayes sell-ons when they came in up to an amount agreed, he would have been significantly poorer but we would have been ok for a bit longer. Not sure how many we've had since? Hause money hasn't been made public but I'd think came in handy over the summer.

• He is apparently on £40k a week and not even in the team I believe. I choose the wrong Career , That and a complete lack of any talent with a football held me back.

• @Mr67 said:
    He is apparently on £40k a week and not even in the team I believe. I choose the wrong Career , That and a complete lack of any talent with a football held me back.

Ibe's wages are actually well below the average Premier League wage. Last season the average wage was £61,024 per week. Didn't Sunderland have someone on £30k per week this season?

• I wouldn't be surprised if McGeady was on that much.

• We live in a mad world. Looks like we will have get used to paying out that kind of money the season after next then.

• Imagine being on 40k a week in your early 20s.
    It's amazing so many players don't fall apart, as you must really fancy yourself and think yourself the big shot.

It'll be interesting where Ibe pops up next. Doesn't sound like there's a way back. Surely he's struggling to get a wage even half of that next time round?

• He's 24 now, so in theory he's coming into his prime - but is that a Premier League prime or a Championship prime? Probably the latter.

• Ibe has been a total flop at Bournemouth and has hardly played the last two years. £40,000 a week disaster. He will be very lucky if a Championship club takes a chance on him.

• Apparently Celtic are interested .