Skip to content

Oxford ticket sales info

Comments

• They already are

• We should give them exactly the same number they gave us. Not one more, not one less.

• edited March 2020

What really peed me off about that away game was that I was refused to buy tickets for that game as it was "sold out", yet less than 48 hours before kick off they put a tweet out trying to sell the remaining 700 tickets! It wasn't a sell out for them and they could easily have accommodated myself & son. On that basis, not a single ticket more than we need to and I want to see their fans staring at rows & rows of spare blue seats with incredulity!

• Sorry to hear that @EwanHoosaami, but I'd prefer to beat them convincingly in front of a full house!

Ps. Thanks again for the lift, hope to see you in the Caledonian for Poxford.

• Sorry to rub salt in the wound @EwanHoosaami but I'm sure there were more than 700 empty seats that day anyway. Someone I know had three empty seats next to him.

• @EwanHoosaami Sorry, but I don't want to see any empty blue seats for this one. This is a game we should be selling out. However, even that probably means under 9000 these days.

• We shouldn't be too hard on the Oxford fans. They have very recently been a non league side so this must be hugely exciting for them to have such an important game against a better more established league side from up the road.

It must also be a thrill for them to get to see a game in a stadium with 4 sides.

• Yes but @eric_plant, this isn't a derby for them and we're not their rivals and they aren't obsessed about us. There are pages and pages and pages of posts on their forum saying as much.

• Imagine their surprise at going to an away game where the home team provide decent pre match food and drink for the away supporters.

• @Slaphead said:
    Imagine their surprise at going to an away game where the home team provide decent pre match food and drink for the away supporters.

I don’t think your grub is any better than ours , though I don’t spend a penny once I’m in the ground as a good percentage goes to Kassam .

• what happened in '86?

• @spiritof86 said:

@Slaphead said:
    Imagine their surprise at going to an away game where the home team provide decent pre match food and drink for the away supporters.

I don’t think your grub is any better than ours , though I don’t spend a penny once I’m in the ground as a good percentage goes to Kassam .

You may be presently surprised now. My regret at your ground is the demise of the pub that now stands unused- I believe another Kassam disregard for supporters.

• @eric_plant said:
    what happened in '86?

Must be a Liverpool fan

• @Slaphead said:

@spiritof86 said:

@Slaphead said:

You may be presently surprised now. My regret at your ground is the demise of the pub that now stands unused- I believe another Kassam disregard for supporters.

Yes the loss of the priory was a big blow to the match day experience, I’ll perhaps try a burger or two when we visit

• Good idea. Hopefully you'll be needing something to angrily spit out during the game @spiritof86 :smiley:

• @spiritof86 said:.. I don’t spend a penny once I’m in the ground...

You must be bursting by the time you get home.

• edited March 2020

@spiritof86 said:

@Slaphead said:

Kassams lease is up in 2025, so Oxford United have some hope of negotiating a lease with the council. They currently pay around 1million a season including maintenance. Makes our deal with Rob look like a godsend!

• @Cyclops said:

@spiritof86 said:.. I don’t spend a penny once I’m in the ground...

You must be bursting by the time you get home.

If he hasn't already stained his chinos driving home in his Land Rover!

• edited March 2020

Kassams lease is up in 2025, so Oxford United have some hope of negotiating a lease with the council. They currently pay around 1million a season including maintenance. Makes our deal with Rob look like a godsend!

@wwfcblue said:

@spiritof86 said:

@Slaphead said:

Kassam still owns the ground, its poxfords lease that is up in 2025, the council has nothing to do with it.
    Financially Kassam has done very well out of it hahaha.

• edited March 2020

They seem angry that their ticket allocation has been capped and confident that they will soundly thrash us. Oh and the word 'pikey' turned up in one post. Classy.

• For the reverse fixture, in a 12400 capacity stadium they gave us 1800. The attendance was 10,183. So there were at least 2217 empty seats (possibly more if they count STHs even if they didn't attend). This in a stand were I guess it would have been much easier to extend the away section in the same stand.

• Visiting teams to the Kassam either get 1200 or 1800 , simple as that .

• I really don’t understand why Oxford fans get so confused by this. Every year their fans turn up and try and get on the pitch when they score, therefore they get the minimum allocation. For the clubs whose fans don’t behave like a load of oafs, we often will give a higher allocation (depending on home sales). Simple as that.

• @spiritof86 said:
    Visiting teams to the Kassam either get 1200 or 1800 , simple as that .

So why the moaning from some Oxford fans (not suggesting you) for the allocation at Wycombe?

• There can be no argument for this match. If it's not a sell out, it won't be far off I'm sure. Giving extra tickets to Oxford would almost certainly mean Wycombe fans missing out. I believe we sold out all but a few single seats against both Sunderland and Ipswich and Sunderland were a long way short of filling the extra seats they were given. I don't think Oxford can have any complaints, they're getting the same number of tickets as they gave us, what's the problem?

• @Last_Quarter said:
    I really don’t understand why Oxford fans get so confused by this. Every year their fans turn up and try and get on the pitch when they score, therefore they get the minimum allocation. For the clubs whose fans don’t behave like a load of oafs, we often will give a higher allocation (depending on home sales). Simple as that.

We didn’t go anywhere near the pitch last season !

• I don’t think this game will take place unfortunately. Coranavirus will be rife by then and all mass gatherings will be cancelled.
    Sad but I think the UK will be in lockdown with very limited travelling permitted.

• @Stewie63 said:
    I don’t think this game will take place unfortunately. Coranavirus will be rife by then and all mass gatherings will be cancelled.
    Sad but I think the UK will be in lockdown with very limited travelling permitted.

Lighten up man , we’re all tough football fans !!

• @Stewie63 said:
    I don’t think this game will take place unfortunately. Coranavirus will be rife by then and all mass gatherings will be cancelled.

It'll have to accelerate at a huge rate of knots for this game to be affected in a mere 12 days.
    If it was in April there'd be more chance, as that's seen as the peak.

• @Stewie63 said:

Sorry but this is ridiculous scaremongering and isn't helpful