Skip to content

Oxford ticket sales info

Comments

• @perfidious_albion said:

@bigred87 said:
    I may park in west wycombe village and walk over the top... weather permitting

How easy is that? Is there a map? Through the woods and into the top of the field next to the top car park field?

'At least thirty bewildered Wycombe fans were found wandering aimlessly around the woods mumbling to themselves an hour after the final whistle.'

• @bigred87 said:

Can there possibly be a better way to get to a football league ground?

• @floyd said:

@bigred87 said:

Can there possibly be a better way to get to a football league ground?

I once got a replacement bus from Birmingham to Walsall in the rain if that helps?

• edited February 2020

@perfidious_albion said:

@bigred87 said:

How easy is that? Is there a map? Through the woods and into the top of the field next to the top car park field?

If you park at the closed garden centre and walk up toweridge lane, do a left at the top then a right, you will be in the field behind the stadium....

• Seems a steep and long walk, especially on the way out after!

• @Wendoverman said:

@perfidious_albion said:

@bigred87 said:

'At least thirty bewildered Wycombe fans were found wandering aimlessly around the woods mumbling to themselves an hour after the final whistle.'

??

• @Malone said:
    Seems a steep and long walk, especially on the way out after!

Id say probably a 15-20min walk... unfortunately it is steep there and back and won't be considered if there's a drop of the wet stuff in the air..... but if the conditions are good and you walk it you are in for a treat as @floyd said it's a beautiful walk.... definitely beats hillbottom road!!!!

• @bigred87 said:

@Malone said:
    Seems a steep and long walk, especially on the way out after!

Id say probably a 15-20min walk... unfortunately it is steep there and back and won't be considered if there's a drop of the wet stuff in the air..... but if the conditions are good and you walk it you are in for a treat as @floyd said it's a beautiful walk.... definitely beats hillbottom road!!!!

I quite often walk from Downley and didn’t know this route. I might try it for the PNL match. Thanks for the heads up!

• I drove up there once and my hub cap pinged off.
    Probably quite pleased nothing was coming down that narrow hill at the same time too!

Back then I drove all the way along, and enjoyed the view down the hill overlooking the ground. Presumably there's normally a gate stopping you now, and of course you wouldn't dare park up anywhere along there

• What's a hub cap? ???

• To be honest anybody can walk into our stand during half time as long as not in the opposition colours etc

• edited March 2020

Does anyone remember the Forest Green game in the League Cup last season? There was an FGR 'ultra' in the Beechdean with replica shirt and green and black face paint and headdress. Doubt he was causing any trouble, but he could hardly have been more obvious ?

• Alan Parry and his angry tomato head is the only thing that could cause a problem

• If you have to resort to making personal comments of an offensive nature I genuinely have sympathy for you.

• Some of the comments at @glasshalffull are getting uncomfortably personal and frequent.

I very much value his postings as he has a much bigger insight into the running of the club than most and I experience in the game that is almost beyond comparison.

I don’t always agree with him, but that’s ok!

• Thanks Lloyd2084. There are people on here who can’t debate without resorting to insults or sarcasm. Fortunately, they are in the minority.

• @glasshalffull said:
    If you have to resort to making personal comments of an offensive nature I genuinely have sympathy for you.

You are right, very childish. Apologies. Overdid it a bit at Doncaster.

• What’s the chances that the game is postponed due to a wider ban on crowd gatherings of over 5000? If Coronavirus infections within the UK start to climb, the government will probably instigate some such emergency measures.

• @LX1 said:

@glasshalffull said:
    If you have to resort to making personal comments of an offensive nature I genuinely have sympathy for you.

Apologies accepted.

• @LX1 said:

@glasshalffull said:

The gasroom has worked hard since 1995 to reduce the amount of postings done on Saturday night when people are smashed. We've made progress but there's still work to be done.

Hopefully we can move forward together, though we do have severe concerns around the Burton and Oxford games.

• It's going to be a torrid three months

• @Gerry47 said:
    What’s the chances that the game is postponed due to a wider ban on crowd gatherings of over 5000? If Coronavirus infections within the UK start to climb, the government will probably instigate some such emergency measures.

That's the spirit!

• @Wendoverman said:

@Gerry47 said:
    What’s the chances that the game is postponed due to a wider ban on crowd gatherings of over 5000? If Coronavirus infections within the UK start to climb, the government will probably instigate some such emergency measures.

That's the spirit!

I think the club should revert back to the terrible match day experiences before the Couhig's came along - no crisps, warm expired beer, long queues for lukewarm pies, and no big screen TV.

If we do that we might be able to get attendances back under the 4k mark.

• That’s the spirit !

• @PBo said:

@glasshalfempty said:
    @Wendoverman You'd be best to check before travelling as there's the usual Chiltern Railways shenanigans that day.

ah bollocks, you're right, for anyone travelling from London you need to get a train to Amersham and then a rail replacement bus from there. Takes 1h 13m rather than 25m...yay

Can anyone suggest any other alternatives for someone travelling from London? Dont fancy driving but also dont want to wait for, then sit on, a replacement bus. Any alternative routes? Anyone know how much a cab from Amersham might cost?

• @howaythelads said:

@PBo said:

@glasshalfempty said:
    @Wendoverman You'd be best to check before travelling as there's the usual Chiltern Railways shenanigans that day.

ah bollocks, you're right, for anyone travelling from London you need to get a train to Amersham and then a rail replacement bus from there. Takes 1h 13m rather than 25m...yay

Can anyone suggest any other alternatives for someone travelling from London? Dont fancy driving but also dont want to wait for, then sit on, a replacement bus. Any alternative routes? Anyone know how much a cab from Amersham might cost?

Get the train from Paddington to Maidenhead then hop on the Donkey to Marlow. Loads of pubs and restaurants for lunch and a bite to eat. Then get a taxi to the ground(10 minutes).

• Oxford have sold out their allocation, wonder if we'll give them any more?

• I hope we don't have to. Surely we'll be able to sell 7000ish tickets for a game this important?

• @floyd said:
    I hope we don't have to. Surely we'll be able to sell 7000ish tickets for a game this important?

I don't think we will, but I hope I'm wrong.

• even if we don't we shouldn't give Oxford any more. The lost revenue will be more than made up by their fans moaning on social media.