Skip to content

Sad news of Micky Holifield death

Just been announced, over 566 appearances for the Wanderers, he had the most distinctive hunched run, and was a true Wanderers great.

Comments

• Sad news indeed. One of my boyhood heroes and veteran of the Middlesborough FA Cup epics.

• So many good memories of Micky at Loakes Park.

• Definately one of my heroes from the great sides of the 1970s and was still doing the stuff into the 80s. A legend.

• One of the great players of the Brian Lee period and beyond. Superb in the FA Cup against Middlesbrough. RIP Mickey.

• One of the most exciting players of the Loakes Park days. Could get past full backs with ease and then unleash a left foot shot which usually flew into the far corner. Another player from those days that could have played at a higher level. Fantastic memories that are making me feel my old bones today. R.I.P. Mickey.

• I seem to remember rumours after the M’boro games that he was offered a deal by Ipswich, but he turned it down, not wanting to turn pro. RIP Micky

• I watched the Middlesbrough highlights earlier. I was a bit too young to be there that day and only went to Loakes Park a year or two later. But it looked like he was really prominent that day.