Skip to content

Oxford ticket sales info

edited February 2020 in Football

"For this fixture, all tickets must be booked in advance of the fixture (by 5pm on Friday 20th March), and will require supporters to input a five-letter reference code from a previous booking this season. This has been put in place to prevent away fans buying tickets in home areas."

What if someone wants to come to their first game of the season?

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/WYCvOXFTickets210320

Comments

• That is absurd

• Good point, I imagine there will be a fair few first timers for this. It does say: f you cannot find your previous booking reference, please call 01494 441118 or email [email protected].*

So hopefully a mechanism in place. All a bit unnecessary imho. A 'very close friend of mine' went in the home section at Oxford without any problem simply by not acting like an idiot.

• Can we not just give Oxford the end block of the Beechdean?

• We are keeping the four sides of noise that worked so well on Saturday aren't we?

• I'd be interested to know what these "further checks" are. Do you have to take a Wycombe quiz or something?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Can we not just give Oxford the end block of the Beechdean?

There are usually Oxford fans in the Beechdean anyway...

• edited February 2020

@chairboyscentral said:

I reckon with 4 points on the road between now and then we would be thinking about filling the Beechdean with Wycombe supporters.
    There again .....

So putting the possibility of 4 points on one side, I think that piece of their teamwork which resulted in Bayo being sent off had an effect on our season beyond that particular game.

There again ... when he scores the winner, the more of their supporters are there, the better.

• Oxford took 1400 supporters to Ipswich. I would have thought they would sell out their capacity easily.

Understandable surely why WWFC would want to control risk of sizeable numbers of Oxford supporters being in home areas. While most would behave reasonably, always the odd knobhead sadly.

• It doesn't take much mental agility to work out how to get around this if you are an Oxford fan. Mind you some of those Oxford fans definitely aren't from the university...

• @chairboyscentral said:

"If you cannot find your previous booking reference, or are attending your first Wycombe match, please call 01494 441118"

• edited February 2020

The ones that have turned up in the beechdean in the past were certainly not celebrating finishing their masters degrees that's for sure.

• I'm sure I saw one jumping off Magdalen bridge last year

• edited February 2020

@AlanCecil said:

@chairboyscentral said:

"If you cannot find your previous booking reference, or are attending your first Wycombe match, please call 01494 441118"

That's been edited since I asked the question ?

• @railwaysteve said:

@chairboyscentral said:

I reckon with 4 points on the road between now and then we would be thinking about filling the Beechdean with Wycombe supporters.
    There again .....

So putting the possibility of 4 points on one side, I think that piece of their teamwork which resulted in Bayo being sent off had an effect on our season beyond that particular game.

There again ... when he scores the winner, the more of their supporters are there, the better.

@railwaysteve said:

@chairboyscentral said:

There again .....

When he scores the winner on 40 minutes (because no-one comes back from 4-0 in Darius’ house) the more who leave early to free up Hillbottom the better... well I can dream.

• Rvenge must be served as cold as possible

• Does that mean season tickets are not valid??

• Really looking forward to this one. Bet Bayo feels there is a point to prove afyer his red card at the Kassam and I'm sure his teammates will be ultra motivated to help him.

Oxford are a good side who have done admittedly well in cups this season although a bit up and down in the league whereas youd thought listening to some of their fans that they would walk the league.

Going to be a tasty one this.

• We should be pushing for an 8000+ crowd for this game.

Only game of the month at home, weather should be better, Oxford just down the road and could also be in the top 6 by then.

• Depending how results go between now and then, I’d say there’s every chance of a sell-out.

• When was the last time we didn't have a home game for a month.

Quite unusual circumstances to give that!

• There must have been a long absence of games during the bad winter of 62/63

• According to the Twitter feed 50% sold already

• Might get the train that day...I fear parking may be at a premium!

• @Wendoverman You'd be best to check before travelling as there's the usual Chiltern Railways shenanigans that day.

• I may park in west wycombe village and walk over the top... weather permitting

• LX1LX1
    edited February 2020

"It will catch the watchful Hun totally off guard!"

• Thanks @glasshalfempty obviously some careful planning is required

• @glasshalfempty said:
    @Wendoverman You'd be best to check before travelling as there's the usual Chiltern Railways shenanigans that day.

ah bollocks, you're right, for anyone travelling from London you need to get a train to Amersham and then a rail replacement bus from there. Takes 1h 13m rather than 25m...yay

• If it's the same from Aylesbury, it looks like I will be driving then unless I can persuade Mrs W to drop off and pick up.

• @bigred87 said:
    I may park in west wycombe village and walk over the top... weather permitting

How easy is that? Is there a map? Through the woods and into the top of the field next to the top car park field?