Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• edited February 2020

@thedieharder said:
    Rolando Aarons scored some cross/shot in the cup for Motherwell. Starting to wonder if we should give him another chance?

Too late. To be fair we did give him a chance.
    Was it us that dumped him anyway...or did the Toon yank him out for another loan?
    John Sutton was a goal machine in the SPL I seem to recall.

• @Wendoverman said:

@thedieharder said:
    Rolando Aarons scored some cross/shot in the cup for Motherwell. Starting to wonder if we should give him another chance?

Was it us that dumped him anyway...or did the Toon yank him out for another loan?

Yh they let him off on loan.

• Watched the highlights of that game, as it happens. A number of comedy goals, including Aarons's. Goodness, the standard was pretty poor for two top level teams.

Jakiubiak was playing for St Mirren, too. In case anyone fancies a look, highlights are linked below. Worth watching ("a watch", @micra?!) if only for the impressively high number of terrible penalties at the end.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51560930

• @Wendoverman said:

@thedieharder said:

Ah John Sutton!
    We "beat" about 10 teams, including those from a higher division to sign him, so the club propaganda went.
    A goalscoring machine, a better version of his brother - tough, yet a good finisher.

The disappointment! Falconbridge levels.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

@thedieharder said:

Ah John Sutton!
    We "beat" about 10 teams, including those from a higher division to sign him, so the club propaganda went.
    A goalscoring machine, a better version of his brother - tough, yet a good finisher.

The disappointment! Falconbridge levels.

The pre season he left he had lost some weight and against Eastbourne Borough was actually really good, then he was gone. Back to Scotland I think where again he topped the SPL scoring?

• I’d be happy (me happy?!) with either @HCblue but @Cyclops might be a bit edgy.

• Nathan Tyson scores for Chesterfield.

• Tyson scores his 2nd of the match against Ebbsfleet.

• Luke scores for Sunderland against The Gas.

• Also goals today for O’Nien, Azeez and Balanta.

• Hat trick for Tyson!

• Hat-trick for Tyson

• After coming on as a 58th minute substitute no less.

• What a player.

• @drcongo said:
    What a player.

Top bloke too

• Here's Scott Brown being very good at that goalkeeping thing.

• Ex assistant manager Martin Kuhl departs as Staines Manager. Kuhl who left Adam's park after an alleged altercation on the team coach, had only been in the Wheatsheaf lane hotseat for 2 months.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Ex assistant manager Martin Kuhl departs as Staines Manager. Kuhl who left Adam's park after an alleged altercation on the team coach, had only been in the Wheatsheaf lane hotseat for 2 months.

That club is in such rapid decline. From the Conference South to the relegation zone of the Isthmian League Div 1 - he leaves after losing 7-1 to Bracknell!

• @Gary said:

@ChasHarps said:
    Ex assistant manager Martin Kuhl departs as Staines Manager. Kuhl who left Adam's park after an alleged altercation on the team coach, had only been in the Wheatsheaf lane hotseat for 2 months.

That club is in such rapid decline. From the Conference South to the relegation zone of the Isthmian League Div 1 - he leaves after losing 7-1 to Bracknell!

In fact he was sacked before the heavy defeat. So I think his last match was a 2-0 defeat to local rivals Ashford (of Dannie Bulman fame)

• Shows how far our management / squad togetherness has come as well. Wasn’t Kuhl fired and kicked off the team bus to be left at a service station on the way to a match for the misdemeanour? A low point indeed.

• A goal for Josh Umerah and two for Gozi Ugwu for Ebbsfleet already tonight.

• Ugwu has scored 2 in first 30 minutes with Umerah having scored the other in Ebbsfleets 3-1 lead at Maidenhead.

• Pierre scores for Shrews.

• Jordon Ibe banned from driving after coffee shop crash
    https://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-51719665

• Out of contract in the summer, not a great record off the pitch in behavioural terms, not exactly blossoming on the pitch either. Sounds like he needs signing by Millwall and then loaned out to the tender care of Gas & Dobbo to put his career back on the right path?

• edited March 2020

Nah, just a straight loan to the end of the season will do...but Eddie Howe would probably have to drive him to Wycombe.

• announceibe

• Eze scores again for QPR - his twelfth of the season, to go with eight assists.

Seems like he could do with another loan spell, perhaps with a League One team this time.