Skip to content

Comments

• Really hope they can make a success of it - for a long time our fates seemed to be intrinsically linked with various promotion campaigns and I've always enjoyed trips up to Gigg Lane - particularly that incredible 3-1 win in 2011.

• Excellent. Very very best of luck to them.

• Obviously good news to see a club back there. Level 10 seems a bit low to start - could common sense not have mandated a higher level in these circumstances. Not sure it benefits anyone to have a club clearly far to good for the league its in (see Jersey FC below).

Interesting to see that a club from isle of man is to join the pyramid this year, following on from Jersey who play in the Combined Counties league now. Hard to see how the finances of paying for very small clubs to fly to far flung islands to play a league match in front of a couple of hundred people work. At least we haven't gone quite as far as Rugby League incorporating a club from Canada FFS. Jersey FC incidentally look like going through their first season with a 100% league winning record.

• Could go on the boat as foot passengers?

• Guernsey have been playing in the pyramid for a number of years now. I believe they have to pay for the opposition's travel costs when they visit Guernsey.

• Good Luck to Bury wherever they start and hopefully as speedy a return to League football as is possible.

• Must be hard, but fair play to any team from Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Jersey or Guernsey wanting to play in the pyramid... they have every right, and good luck to them

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Must be hard, but fair play to any team from Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Jersey or Guernsey wanting to play in the pyramid... they have every right, and good luck to them

Indeed. Goodness knows how they manage in bigger countries, ie. almost all other ones. I guess that's why there's such a deep league structure here compared to other similarly populous places in Europe.

• Wasn’t it last year that Vladivostok played Kaliningrad in the Russian Second Division?
    Can’t really complain about a ferry trip to Jersey!

• Level 10!
    Conference south being 6, level 10 is basically the Rye?

Gareth has a doss about at level 9 doesn't he? In his mid 40s!

• Might be a case for them to enter straight into the NWCL Prem, so level 9 like Hereford did in 2015, but certainly no higher than.

Gareth's Woodley United are at an equivalent step 6 division (so level 10) in the Hellenic League

• Can I just say that I went to the SC Verl game, arrived 20 minutes late and missed both the goals?

• The length of time the original club was taking to finally be put out of its misery was doing no one any favours.
    Hopefully this will let Bury fans concentrate their efforts on starting afresh and climbing back up the leagues.

• @OakwoodExile said:
    Can I just say that I went to the SC Verl game, arrived 20 minutes late and missed both the goals?

That's in stark contrast to the intrepid reporter who arrived an hour early, fully suited and booted on a swelteringly hot day, so he could sit alone in the press box.

• @HCblue said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    Must be hard, but fair play to any team from Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Jersey or Guernsey wanting to play in the pyramid... they have every right, and good luck to them

Indeed. Goodness knows how they manage in bigger countries, ie. almost all other ones. I guess that's why there's such a deep league structure here compared to other similarly populous places in Europe.

Was talking to someone at work who's son played college "soccer" in the US and then in their equivalent second level semi pro league. It's all regional but that only splits the states (and some of Canada) into 3 sections. The travel time involved and sheer expenses is mind boggling.

• I've an old friend who loved to Aus a few years ago, Perth to be exact. Decided to join a local Sunday league team. He told me that some of their away games involve a team coach and 2 hour journeys !!

• 'Loved' !! Meant moved... too many beers before and after today

• Oz benefits in some ways that although it's massive there's only really 4 or 5 big cities and most of the population are near one or other.