Skip to content

Comments

• Cook and Vaughan are both established strikers at this sort of level, I wouldn't underestimate them.

• Thanks, Tom. Once again, based on their last game reffing each team, the ref for this game seems to strongly favour our opponent...

• edited February 2020

@thedieharder said:
    Cook and Vaughan are both established strikers at this sort of level, I wouldn't underestimate them.

They are, but Tranmere have a similar problem to us in that they don't create much - but they've not been getting bailed out by their defence or scoring as many goals from set-pieces. Never underestimate any team, but their recent run speaks for itself really. We've got to believe we can win by a few.

• edited February 2020

@chairboyscentral said:

@thedieharder said:
    Cook and Vaughan are both established strikers at this sort of level, I wouldn't underestimate them.

We've got to believe we can win by a few.

By one will do for me

• Was going to say: take the "by a few" bit off the end and that's where I am.

• One would be fine, but we effectively wiped out our goal difference in Dec-Jan.

• Interesting choice of referee for those fans who were at Peterborough.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Interesting choice of referee for those fans who were at Peterborough.

I assume all four of their goals were miles offside?

• It seems very strange to me that Phillips got a red for a slight tap and yet the Bolton goalie did not for what seemed to me a far more deliberate tackle as the last man.

• For fear of stating the obvious, was the point not that, while the Bolton goalie's foul could be interpreted as a legitimate attempt to get the ball, no such allowance could be made for Phillips once it was decided that he had made a meaningful attempt to play the attacker?

• Yeah yeah...I suppose so @HCblue. Rules pah!

• Re the Bolton keeper, photo on the official website seems to show him grabbing Fred’s ankle as he runs past him.
    The camera can lie, of course, but it’s certainly a talking point.
    Re the red for Phillips, a controversial decision at the very least.