Skip to content

Teams that cannot catch us

I plan to update this as each game is completed, just for fun.

1. Southend

Next three up with max points in brackets, and points to elimination:

1. Bolton (56): 1
  2. Tranmere (65): 10
  3. AFC Wimbledon (66): 11

Comments

• Oh I'm sure we'll find a way to lose to Southend...

• Well.........they can't catch us after all.?

• Please add Colchester to the list

• To be fair we are probably the only team that conceded 3 goals to Southend. Charles, Stewart, Grimmer and Jacobson were the defence!

• @mooneyman said:
    To be fair we are probably the only team that conceded 3 goals to Southend. Charles, Stewart, Grimmer and Jacobson were the defence!

Shrewsbury also did - and also won 4-3.

• Plymouth Argyle.

• I don't know what the maths is on this but I think we have been mathematically safe (I.e. Unable to be overtaken by all but three of the other teams) for several weeks now, if you take into account that the bottom teams winning all their games would entail others dropping lots of points. Anybody know how to work this out properly though?

• My theory was to add up the points per game that each team would need to overtake us (from 21st up to 2nd, 3rd or 4th depending on our position at the time) and if it came out to more than three in total then we are safe, because there's only three points available in any game. I'm pretty sure that's too simple to be the right answer though...

• Also it's definitely not right because it has us safe before Xmas

• @floyd said:
    Plymouth Argyle.

Massive club. See Notts County...

• Rotherham cant catch us

• Fisher Athletic. Ironically

• Back to best @LX1 !

• @LX1 made me chuckle anyway

• Rarely fails @fedup1980. Makes you feel slightly less fed up, I hope. Often makes us think too.

• After the Tranmere game.

Eliminated:

1. Southend
    2. Bolton

1. Tranmere (62): 4
    2. AFC Wimbledon (64): 6
    3. Rochdale (69): 11
  • At Christmas we were 7 points clear of Ipswitch.

Today we are 7 points clear of Ipswitch

• Bizzare really with our poor , then up and down form and other teams seemingly on the charge that nobody is more than 1 point higher (although some have games in hand) and the likes of Oxford are still that far behind, long may it continue

• After the Doncaster game.

Eliminated:

Southend
    Bolton

Tranmere (62): 4
    AFC Wimbledon (64): 6
    Rochdale (66): 8

• After a weekend slate without us playing:

Eliminated:

Southend
    Bolton

Tranmere (62): 4
    AFC Wimbledon (62): 4
    MK Dons (64): 6

• So are we still not safe from relegation?

• Not quite, still some teams with another 11 games left to play, those teams won't win them but it's technically possible..

• Disgraceful, there's only 7 weeks to the end of the season and we are still fighting off relegation. Heads have got to roll!

• And we still have an outside chance of automatic promotion! The world's gone mad!

• Nice one!

• In DevCspeak, 8th place "feels about right"

• LX1LX1
    edited March 2020

As Tranmere are still to play Wimbledon (and other games between everyone else below us) I believe we are already safe aren't we?

• I don't think the math could ever work out for a team on 59 points to be relegated. This thread is just to show which individual teams cannot catch us, rather than breaking down the overall picture of them also having to play each other.