Skip to content

Hungerford Town away

Is anybody going?

Comments

• Might do - only just up the road from me.

• OWWSA are hoping to run a bus to the game if that is of any help:-
    http://owwsa.co.uk/2020/02/coach-for-hungerford-game

• New ground for me so a yes

• Why would people not go?!

• Maybe if it were a home game...

• I'll be honest, if it were at home I'd go, not going to bother going there though

• Local game in West Berkshire for me. Half expecting to see a couple of new recruits just for this game to make up the numbers

• @floyd said:
    Why would people not go?!

Because they have children/work/under the thumb/financial commitments? Quite a few reasons to be fair. Along with the fact it's the B&B.

• I'm crippled financially and under the thumb if that helps.

• Not going just because it’s the Berks and Bucks is a bit weak.

• And cannot do many midweek games...B&B cup or no.

• What's the least disruptive team we can play? Massive game (ok, they all are now) at Donny the Saturday after.

• Yates

Sido
    Phillips
    Oboforh
    Grimmer

JGS
    Pattison
    Freeman
    Bloomfield

Parker
    Samuel

No idea what the bench looks lije tbf, but there's 11 that wouldn't start the following Staurday, all other things being equal.

• edited February 2020

You have this lot to start with:

Stockdale
    JGS? Sido Phillips Mascoll
    Freeman Ofoborh Blooms Pattison
    Parker

Gardner Smith if that sort of thing is allowed, also maybe not blooms/ Freeman if in the plans for the next first team game after, some of the forwards who haven't been in the goals recently might fancy a half at least and netting a confidence booster, after that a trialist or two might be possible, frempah, Grimmer for a bit if ready, then on to Ainsworth, the physio, and then Micra I believe.

• edited February 2020

We could just name no one on the bench and bring players off 'injured' one by one until we're down to the minimum seven men, increase our chances of going out. I'm still not sure why we entered without a youth/development squad. On the other hand, if we win it and the league, can we count that as doing the double...?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    We could just name no one on the bench and bring players off 'injured' one by one until we're down to the minimum seven men, increase our chances of going out. I'm still not sure why we entered without a youth/development squad. On the other hand, if we win it and the league, can we count that as doing the double...?

One or two good performances, a hat trick or a 6-0 win and this could be a real win, of course an injury or a defeat wouldn't look great but training isn't enough for fringe players with no reserve/ youth league

• If we'd put this game in on a free day behind closed doors I don't think anyone would be moaning, this way people can go along if they want.

• @floyd said:
    Yates

Sido
    Phillips
    Oboforh
    Grimmer

JGS
    Pattison
    Freeman
    Bloomfield

Parker
    Samuel

No idea what the bench looks lije tbf, but there's 11 that wouldn't start the following Staurday, all other things being equal.

Play Stockdale as the target man instead of Samuel. May help in getting some of his excess timber off!

• Most realistic opportunity we have to win a trophy so there's no need to take the piss. Good opportunity for Frempah and any others hanging around to get a game, Aaron Dillon in goal I suppose.

Hopefully this is the year we finally make it to 30 titles!

• edited February 2020

Would anyone actually celebrate winning this? I can't imagine many of the younger section of our fan base would anyway. Maybe it's just one of those things that depends on what era you grew up in.

• MK Dons presence in the competition invalidates it entirely

Basics

• @chairboyscentral if we won you wouldn’t celebrate? That’s extraordinary.

• @floyd I get the impression that @chairboyscentral strangely finds matches a bit of an inconvenience altogether: his lack of grief when we were so appallingly knocked out of the FA Cup (to the Tranmere team that he seems oddly contemptuous of in the run up to Saturday's game); his positive joy at the consequent empty Saturdays and the prospect of somehow getting one over on our rivals; and now the desire to see us pull out of the B&B.

• Definitely a generational thing.
    When you're non league this cup is probably a thrill.
    League one team near the top of the league with no fringe team? Barmy.
    There was a reason we pulled out. What's the reason for ahem..pulling back in?
    Imagine if someone gets properly injured in this.

Still. Here to be proven wrong.let's see what the gates are like!

• It can't be that generational, i saw precisely one game as a non league team.

To me it's about respecting our heritage, and about continuing to invest in the local non-league scene. We really can't let Milton Keynes do a better job of that than we do.

As for injuries, didn't Keith Ryan suffer consecutive season ending injuries in B&B games.

• At what point do you pass from the younger section of the fan base to the older section? I’m early thirties and can see lots of good reasons to enter this competition, but obviously don’t want to distance myself from the yoof with these radical views...

• @floyd said:
    It can't be that generational, i saw precisely one game as a non league team.

To me it's about respecting our heritage, and about continuing to invest in the local non-league scene. We really can't let Milton Keynes do a better job of that than we do.

As for injuries, didn't Keith Ryan suffer consecutive season ending injuries in B&B games.

Yes, he missed more or less an entire calendar year following an injury he picked up against chalfont st peter

Not sure that's an effective argument in favour of taking part

• I promise Rhino won’t get hurt this year.

• Status Quo's John 'Rhino' Edwards should, in theory, cause the least disruption