Skip to content

Part of away end to open to home fans for Tranmere game

Comments

• If you read the post, it tells you.

• Bloody Americans with their clever marketing ideas...

• Read it now.

Why?

• Seems like a sensible idea, if you've got the capacity, to have home fans on all four sides.

• Worth a try to encourage a different type of booking.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Read it now.

Why?

“Attendances at Adams Park have been increasing throughout the season and we have real ambitions to get this place full and rocking on as many occasions as possible. To help achieve that, we’d love to have Wanderers supporters on all four sides of the ground, and we can do that on certain matchdays when there is availability in one half of the Lords Stand."

Just let us know which bits of the above you don't understand and I'm sure someone will explain it for you

• More choice has to be a good thing surely.
    Try it and see how it goes.

• Had a look at the on-line ticketing system this morning and, unless I am misreading what the green and red seat symbols mean, it appears fewer than twenty seats have been sold to home fans in the away end so far.

• I know we are a sedate family club but are we sure our colonial cousins recognise the potential for anti-Away team limbs in British 'Soccer'?

• Hope this is as good as Celtic Day

• It is an experimental idea so of course it might not work. But you don’t know till you try. I imagine the idea is really to try and sell a block booking to sports teams, social clubs etc. at a bulk buyers discount. We probably can’t do 2-300 tickets in a block anywhere else without disrupting STH

• I certainly do not want to be disrupted @Glenactico

• @peterparrotface said:
    Hope this is as good as Celtic Day

lmao

• @peterparrotface said:

I wonder if there's a Wanderers article waiting to be written about well-intentioned ideas that perhaps didn't pan out as imagined: Celtic Day, half time skydivers, Ronald McDonald saving the half time penalties, allowing Carlos Lopez on the pitch... Any others?

• What was Celtic Day?

• Leaving the Vere to watch the second half against Cov

• @peterparrotface said:

Thank you. I was wondering how it was i'd watched a game from the away end before.

• FmGFmG
    edited February 2020

@chairboyscentral said:
    What was Celtic Day?

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/2124943.celtic-day-gets-fans-riled/

Safe to say it didn't really work.

Think there was also an Orange Day in early 2000s when we had an orange change kit. Can't remember that really taking off either.

• And let's not forget this season's experiment with the cheerleaders...

• Orange Day was Reading away in 01/02 wasn't it?

The best gimmick was the free game which not only got us a crowd of 8000+ for Chester (?) at home, but i also remember being a great game.

• edited February 2020

@aloysius said:
    And let's not forget this season's experiment with the cheerleaders...

I had forgotten, glad they got the message about that one pretty quickly.

• edited February 2020

@floyd said:
    The best gimmick was the free game which not only got us a crowd of 8000+ for Chester (?) at home, but i also remember being a great game.

4-2, was there but couldn't tell you who scored

• @floyd said:
    Orange Day was Reading away in 01/02 wasn't it?

That sounds about right. Think there were orange wigs etc for sale but can't remember seeing many on the day

• Gus got at least one. He's probably my favourite player that i've nearly forgotten about.

• @FmG said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    What was Celtic Day?

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/2124943.celtic-day-gets-fans-riled/

Safe to say it didn't really work.

What a random idea that sounds like

• According to the excellent Chairboys on the Net we won 4-2, Tyson, Gus and Roger.

Apparently Stonebrdge was booked for 'ungentlemanly conduct,' which i refuse to believe.

• edited February 2020

Gus Uhlenbeek? I guess that was around 2004? Which might explain why we had to take desperate measures to try and fill the stadium.

• @FmG Not everyone may have worn orange, but I believe that that match may have had the largest ever Chairboys away following in the Football League (2,711), unless anyone knows differently.

• I wore an orange tea cosy on my head for Orange Day at Reading. It was the only wearable orange thing I had access to and it seemed amusing to play the fool and wear it.