Skip to content

The Wanderers Derby : Bolton (a) Crowd speculation - Match 32 - Sat 15th Feb 20

2»

Comments

• Yes. I thought the crowd visible to us was less than a sell out at Adams Park. There was the tier above us and missing season ticket holders - I can imagine that there were quite a few who bought one at the beginning and now can't bear to watch what looks like an inevitable drop.

• Indeed congratualtions to @BlueBoy closest on a difficult one to predict with Storm Dennis also attending.

@BlueBoy was 163 away with 11900, with some solid predicting. @NewburyWanderer had the only other forecast within 200 - 184 away with 11921.

In terms of actual numbers, rather than percentages, we were much better at predicting the size of our own travelling support. Here are the top five predictions:

@YorkExile out by just 18 with a prediction of 607
    @ForeverBlue out by just 23 with a prediction of 648
    @a40 out by just 25 with a prediction of 600
    @onlooker out by just 25 with a prediction of 650
    @Shev out by just 26 with a prediction of 599

Doesn't appear to be so much reaction for people whose view was interrupted by others arriving to stand at the front even though it seemed to happen to just the same extent as it did at MK.

That would indicate that it was inconsiderate crowd mananagement by those running the franchise, half enforcing the allocated seats and not allowing any overspill. I grieves me a bit to say it but Oxford did better.

With some away games coming where it is possible we will take high attendances, hopefully other clubs will plan for this and not spoil the experience for some of their paying customers. I do think that away fans have a raw deal at some grounds and that a lot of it could be avoided.

It will be interesting to see how the four sides experiment goes at Adams Park next weekend.

I don't think there will be much change if any in the season long competition.

Thanks to all for patience with waiting for this update. We flew back from aboard to Manchester for the game and the logistics were a bit complicated.