Skip to content

Man City Banned from European Competitions

Comments

• What odds on them wriggling their way out of it on appeal?

• If they lose their appeal, one thing is certain Pep Guardiola will be off.

• Gaz to Man City? Pep to us? Sorry guy's, I can't seem to be serious this evening.

• They haven't seemed that bothered being in European competitions in recent years

• Brilliant.

• City are confident they'll win their appeal to CAS.

• One of the richest clubs in the world? They'll win their appeal. But as a back-up I assume pep will go hell bent to win the european cup this year just in case!! And then he'll be off.

• And when they win their appeal we can look forward to the team that finish 5th making their own legal challenge, complaining that EUFA have broken their own rules and demanding they still be allowed to play in the Champions League.

• @Doob said:
    And when they win their appeal we can look forward to the team that finish 5th making their own legal challenge, complaining that EUFA have broken their own rules and demanding they still be allowed to play in the Champions League.

Would be great if the team that come fifth is Man Utd!

• @mooneyman said:

@Doob said:
    And when they win their appeal we can look forward to the team that finish 5th making their own legal challenge, complaining that EUFA have broken their own rules and demanding they still be allowed to play in the Champions League.

Agreed. Needs the proper big teams in that cup ;-)

• edited February 2020

@mooneyman said:

@Doob said:

Could be Sheff Utd, wonder if the lawyers kept the notes from the Tevez business.

Surely City should be going all out to win it this year anyway.

Difficult to have any sympathy for them, seems fairly clear they knew the rules, didn't like them much so did whatever they wanted and tried fairly amateurishly to hide it.

• I wonder if UEFA will be brave enough to do the same thing to PSG.