Skip to content

Couhigs deal not going through ?

1235»

Comments

• @Stewie63 said:

@Bacon_Sandwich said:
    Remember that tea towel everyone used to sign at primary school? Maybe we could take some inspiration from that, with our signatures being used too.

A personalised club T-towel, a perfect birthday gift for wifey.

Missy C has it on the mercy list, will be in the club shop:

• soon*
      or

• as soon as the deal is done*
      *delete as appropriate

• mercy list! wow that is spooky!
    ‘Merch’ kid of course

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    Or you could just leave the quarters alone with your egos out of it?

I am sorry to offend you sir. I forgot that you famously have no ego.

My apologies, O humble one!

• We all have egos. I can curb mine normally before I try and get my name printed on the club shirt for paying £15 hahahaha. I presume you aren’t feeling the love on Valentine’s Day

• We are all so very umble @Shev.

• I dread to think where on such a garment the Ws would be! I know it supports the club but I draw the line at a hat. Of course, my never wearing a football shirt is more to do with not wanting to be constantly mistaken for a player and nothing to do with possibly resembling a promotional hot air balloon.

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    We all have egos. I can curb mine normally before I try and get my name printed on the club shirt for paying £15 hahahaha. I presume you aren’t feeling the love on Valentine’s Day

Did you look at the shirt examples? You can't see the names from afar. I still think it is an excellent idea.

Either way, there are more constructive ways to disagree with a concept. Randomly insulting someone you haven't met doesn't smack of ego-curbing.

Considering the howls of protest on here when GA does not disclose every injury on the Gasroom personally, it is a little amazing that a shirt celebrating the Trust is where the line is drawn on fan importance!

• @mooneyman said:
    We are all so very umble @Shev.

Dickens references always win POTD in my book, cheers!

• Awwwe @Shev I’m sorry I didn’t let you down gently enough

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    Awwwe @Shev I’m sorry I didn’t let you down gently enough

That's okay, @Bacon_Sandwich - I am glad you were drafted by the Keyboard King into his valiant army of Keyboard Warriors. Reports of your keyboard bravery have gone far and wide. Fair maidens and damsels in strange lands are blushing in admiration at the mysterious knight who stood up so boldly online and hurled insults without thought for his personal safety.

Truly, you are a lesson in courage to us all. I salute you!

• *** LATEST UPDATE ***

WWT Update February 14th 2020

Wycombe Wanderers Trust are confident of completing the sale of 75% of the football club to Feliciana EFL Ltd (owned by Rob Couhig) by the end of next week.

The Trust and Feliciana EFL Ltd have now submitted all its final paperwork to the EFL for approval, and expect to receive ratification of the deal in the coming days.

The agreed funds from Feliciana EFL Ltd to Wycombe Wanderers Trust have now also been lodged in the UK.

After a lengthy and often complicated process, the Trust thanks its members for their patience and looks forward to bringing news of the deal’s completion as soon as we can.

Best regards

Trevor Stroud
    Chairman

• Next Friday
    Next Friday
    Next Friday

• If they are waiting for EFL approval it could be Christmas before its completed!

• At this point surely the best move would be to say nothing until it's done?

• My thoughts exactly. Will they never learn?

• It probably would have been, @eric_plant.

• @eric_plant said:
    At this point surely the best move would be to say nothing until it's done?

But then we would lose Gasroom threads entitled
    'What the **** is going on?'
    'Why have we heard nothing?'
    'What sort of almost not owned by the fans club is this?'

• I think it's a really good thing that we're getting updated. Following @LordMandeville's earlier post indicating next Tuesday, the Trust have responded well to any rumors that might then circulate. Again, I applaud the dedication of the Trust Board in its entirety in bringing the deal through (despite the recently panicking EFL following the Bury debacle).

• @eric_plant said:
    At this point surely the best move would be to say nothing until it's done?

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

• edited February 2020

But they kind of damned themselves by promising something that subsequently didn’t happen on or by the date given (more than once).

• Apologies to @Bacon_Sandwich. I was a bit immature in my responses earlier, mate. I generally don't get into back and forths like that.

All the best!

• This kind of delay is pretty similar to finalising a house move. I remember expecting everything to complete several times before it did. I don’t understand the legal profession but I guess there’s a reluctance to sign something off until they’ve triple checked everything?

I’m happy to see an update but equally it wasn’t essential.

• As @OxfordBlue stated, damned if they do, damned if they don't! Personally I am happy that they did, as non communication only leads to wild speculation that is mostly wrong anyway? Rather wait longer and get it right than rush it through and in a few days/months/years have an "oh bollocks" moment!

• Spot on @EwanHoosaami . And I’m guessing you’re not heading north!

• Correct @micra was supposed to be working today, even that got called off last minute due to weather!

• All gone through now

• Onwards and upwards

• Official of this thread?

• CyprusSwan and Proactive have both gone a little quiet.