Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol Rovers

12346»

Comments

• The earliest we can be out of the playoff spots is 12 to go, I believe. If we can even take 5 or 6 points from Fleetwood, Bolton and Tranmere, we may guarantee being up there until at least 7-9 to go. Anything can happen at that point.

Astonishing!

• The Bolton game is crucial as it could be the turning point of our recent away form. I’m confident we can pick up at least 7 points from the next three games. Optimistic??

• Opinions in football......who'd have thought???

• I think a lot of us thought there would be half a dozen players competing to be top goalscorer @thecatwwfc and we certainly weren’t including JJ amongst them! But, for the reasons you’ve mentioned and perhaps also because at least until Christmas we were so strong defensively, there was little incentive to adopt a more Gung Ho approach.

• It's tempting to dissect up coming games, but we just saw with MK how you can't be certain of anything.

All we can do is the classic taking one game at a time.
    A win against Fleetwood would be big as we haven't won two in a row for ages.

• Also I can't see Posh and Portsmouth keeping their respective winning runs going. 5 in a row for both in the league and they're still both behind us...

Two games in hand Cov have are against Rotherham and Sunderland. Both at home. Someone will drop points.

Ipswich, Portsmouth and Sunderland all play Fleetwood at home in one of their games in hand. So that could put Fleetwood out the picture.

To stand any chance though, I really think we need 7 points from Fleetwood, Bolton and Tranmere...would hopefully mean we are still in 2nd.

• edited February 2020

I think 20 points from the remaining 14 games might do us. I don't have much faith in our away form picking up enough to get more than a couple of wins on the road, but this home record might just edge us to a play-off finish. But it would be nice if it's decided before Accy!

• The league is so incredibly tight, I could see a few teams going into the penultimate game, or even the last game being able to go up automatically, get a play off spot or miss out altogether.

• Anyone know what the 50/50 numbers were? I think he forgot as we booed the stag party!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Anyone know what the 50/50 numbers were? I think he forgot as we booed the stag party!

The half time really took a strange turn on Saturday didn't it. I must admit the awful Frank Adams stand tannoy probably didn't help me understand who was on the pitch and why.

• Thanks @Uncle_T I don't have the twitter. Nor as it happens do i have the money dammit!

• @Wendoverman said:
    I don't have the twitter.

Consider yourself a very lucky fella.

• @Wendoverman said: I don't have the twitter.

I tend to give it the bird as well

• @mooneyman said:

@Wendoverman said: I don't have the twitter.

I tend to give it the bird as well

Being large and flightless I always fear the wrong tweet will lead to my professional extinction!