Skip to content

MK finances

https://mobile.twitter.com/KieranMaguire

Scroll down his feed for some hideous statistics. They’re £14m in debt and spend £107 on wages for every £100 of income.

Comments

• I was going to post this, it's horrific.

• How does that fit in with limits / financial fair play type situations?

• This is absolutely fantastic news

• How can they be allowed to spend 107% of revenue on wages alone? Madness. I assume that is just playing staff wages and doesn’t even touch non playing staff costs...

Besides the point really but they ought to have a much better team for that sort of outlay.

• Having read the details it is all staff costs. Still, quite incredible.

• There must be a fine / worse coming surely?

Isn't it meant to be about 60% of turnover on wages?

• edited February 2020

I'm guessing the stadium MK income is "allowed" to count if it's all under some sort of Winkleman/ MK Dons umbrella.

That is a guess though

• Andy Holt made the point about SCMP being impossible to govern because it’s basically voluntary.

• Winklemans vanity project will last approximately two days after he walks away.

• edited February 2020

Who did > @OxfordBlue said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KieranMaguire

Scroll down his feed for some hideous statistics. They’re £14m in debt and spend £107 on wages for every £100 of income.

Had a look, but there were about 73 posts about St Mirren...

• Are we the only club talking about and working with this salary cap stuff?
    Whilst it works on paper in practice if clubs can ignore it and owners fund the difference there will always be a competitive disadvantage and a host of clubs one move away from bankruptcy.

• Are we more honest or can we not afford the kind of lawyers and creative accountants other clubs have?

Winkleman must surely be using the club name to expand his business/property portfolio - he just bought the Milton Keynes Bowl in conjunction with Milton Keynes Development Partnership, unless that's just another branch of his empire.

• edited February 2020

After they inevitably go bust, if they rise up through the non-league divisions and we play them again, what failed franchise can we name them after?

Blockbusters F.C.?

• @OxfordBlue said:
    After they inevitably go bust, if they rise up through the non-league divisions and we play them again, what failed franchise can we name them after?

Blockbusters F.C.?

I don't think that would happen. I think they'd just disappear

The day can't come soon enough

• @OxfordBlue said:

Blockbusters F.C.?

If they went bust and then came back legitimately, would that stop all the moans about stealing a league place?

• @Malone said:
    If they went bust and then came back legitimately, would that stop all the moans about stealing a league place?

If they went through the proper channels and gained promotion through the pyramid, then there'd be no need for a boycott. As to how likely that would be in a city that thinks that gaining promotion through the football pyramid is beneath them is another matter.

• A better question is if Milton Keynes go bust who does Winkleman set his sights on next?

• @floyd said:
    A better question is if Milton Keynes go bust who does Winkleman set his sights on next?

One of the only positives of the MK Dons farce is that it failed so it should stop it happening again.

• There’s a book in the mistakes that led to the failure of the Mk Dons project.

• I don’t blame Winkleman or Milton Keynes generally. It’s the idiots in the FA/FL who countenanced this stupidity that deserve to be shot (in a non-violent way).

On the topic of playing within the Rules, we could perhaps look to the lesson of Saracens

• edited February 2020

Winkleman is a dreadful dreadful character

• @bookertease said:
    I don’t blame Winkleman or Milton Keynes generally. It’s the idiots in the FA/FL who countenanced this stupidity that deserve to be shot (in a non-violent way).

On the topic of playing within the Rules, we could perhaps look to the lesson of Saracens

Winkleman knew the implications of the move so I very much do blame him