Skip to content

January business?

1151617181921»

Comments

• @Malone said:
    Even missing about 4 months he's still not far off top scorer.
    That is madness for a team who have been top 2 for months

Surely you mean bottom two @malone in keeping with being a strikerless poor quality side with a terrible manager.

• @Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

Surely you mean bottom two @malone in keeping with being a strikerless poor quality side with a terrible manager.

We must be bottom two on away form over the last 4-5 mustnt we?
    Two 4-0s, two 2-0s and 1-0 v Oxford!

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

We must be bottom two on away form over the last 4-5 mustnt we?
    Two 4-0s, two 2-0s and 1-0 v Oxford!

No away goal scored since November 17th...

• And yet still second...... Ainsworth out (smiley winky face emoji)

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    And yet still second...... Ainsworth out (smiley winky face emoji)

Other teams have games in hand and our goal difference is only 1 so i'd be surprised if we finish the season in 2nd.

• @robin said:

@Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:

Other teams have games in hand and our goal difference is only 1 so i'd be surprised if we finish the season in 2nd.

come on dude ....be realistic...GA is the best manager we have ever had. sure he should of signed a creative midfielder or striker but potentially we are working on a free agent. we do need to pick up form and quick though

• @robin said:

@Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:

So would the rest of us, we were hoping for, at best, a mid table finish.

• I wasn't moaning just stating a fact, if we finish in the play offs it would be our highest finish in The Football League so i'd he happy with that.

• Well pedantically we could still make the play offs and only match our previous highest finish (6th) but I’d be more than happy with that!

• If we lose all our remaining games we could conceivably still be relegated.
    Seriously though, we will DEFINITELY not finish in the top two but I’d put it at 50/50 that we will make the playoffs. And that is probably being somewhat generous.

• @bookertease said:
    Well pedantically we could still make the play offs and only match our previous highest finish (6th) but I’d be more than happy with that!

Am I right in thinking that would have been a play-off place if not for the Premier League dropping from 22 to 20 teams that season? Or was it something else?

• Yes @malone form-wise we are appalling. Here's hoping for an upturn and a digging out of points from our next few games. Those with games in hand still have to win them. I know I'm clutching at straws! ?

• @chairboyscentral yes that’s it. Just 1 up automatically that season

• edited February 2020

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/18204651.gareth-ainsworth-praises-couhigs-wycombe-push-promotion/ Sounds like a couple of deals were close - also promising comments about the summer window.

• Hoping to "bid on players".

Very interesting!

• Following comments that couple of deals were close. So money is available. Wonder if Ainsworth is looking at any free agents to do a short term deal. If you’re not earning, your wage demands may not be too excessive.

• Is there anyone that we should look to sign next summer or is it too early?

• Ronaldo would be awesome, he might like a challenge

• Jamal Blackman

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Ronaldo would be awesome, he might like a challenge

Heard the club was looking to sign Messi too...

• Anybody that scores goals, pacy wingers/midfielders that can deliver dangerous crosses/balls in and anybody that can defend.

• Wonder how much Bristol City would want for Szmodics ?

• @thedieharder said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    Ronaldo would be awesome, he might like a challenge

Heard the club was looking to sign Messi too...

Nah... over rated