Skip to content

Important Gasroom Referendum - Prexit

*Not to be taken lightly, but you can if you want to ;)

Thank you @drcongo for the suggestion of 'Prexit' on a earlier comment. Your leave campaign has been immense and I myself am a leaver. In addition to this, please do not make me leave for stealing your idea.

In context to this important vote, @Proactive was a fierce entity who despite not listening to warnings, has continued to be provocative and has participated in bad behaviour on this prestigious forum. We cannot allow the reputation of this hallowed ground to go downhill.

It looks like Prexit will be delivered swiftly. I also understand that the population of the Gasroom to be in favour of a no deal-Prexit.

The referendum will take place on this thread.

(Nothing to do with Brexit, just stealing the idea)

Poll not found

Comments

• Remain for me. Broad church here

• @Proactive persisted in being objectionable even after I had ignored them.
      I voted leave - the gasroom believes in tolerance and understanding and I believe @Proactive(respectful) would be able to return in the future.

• awful thread!

• I’d like the opportunity to negotiate a new leaving deal and put that to the forum with a stay option on the ballot

• @mooneyman said:
      awful thread!

@Ceefax_Striker - see?

• If the question is should Proactive leave or remain, the answer is that it is up to them.

If the question is should they be banned or barred or whatever, I take @peterparrotface's view though, separately, I deprecate their apparent tendency both to provoke and to resort to exaggeration and misrepresentation in response to criticism.

• This is a bit daft isn’t it? You can’t just ban the annoying people. And even tho @Proactive has gone a bit paint by numbers today he’s still been tremendous value overall.

• @Malone said:

@mooneyman said:
      awful thread!

@Ceefax_Striker - see?

Point taken Malone but I still voted leave !!

• Pathetic thread, this

• @floyd said:
      This is a bit daft isn’t it? You can’t just ban the annoying people. And even tho @Proactive has gone a bit paint by numbers today he’s still been tremendous value overall.

Has he?!

• @Malone Hs might be the best spoof we’ve had on Gaston 2.0.

• I don't think this is an appropriate way to go about banning someone, either way. And that is even assuming a poster deserves to be banned in the first place. Forum rules should be respected, but surely a formal warning, with the rules being broken noted, is more reasonable than a vote?

• @Shev said:
      I don't think this is an appropriate way to go about banning someone, either way. And that is even assuming a poster deserves to be banned in the first place. Forum rules should be respected, but surely a formal warning, with the rules being broken noted, is more reasonable than a vote?

He's had a warning in fairness. And @drcongo has shown exceptional patience with certain posters this last year or so.
      Basically - if you get banned on here you have to act pretty ridiculously.

• He's an ignorant idiot, that's not a reason to ban him though.

• @Malone said:

@Shev said:
      I don't think this is an appropriate way to go about banning someone, either way. And that is even assuming a poster deserves to be banned in the first place. Forum rules should be respected, but surely a formal warning, with the rules being broken noted, is more reasonable than a vote?

He's had a warning in fairness. And @drcongo has shown exceptional patience with certain posters this last year or so.
      Basically - if you get banned on here you have to act pretty ridiculously.

I was not disrespecting @drcongo - more pointing out that the banning process should belong to him, rather than the mob?

• @Username said:
      He's an ignorant idiot, that's not a reason to ban him though.

There, but for the grace of God, and all that.

• I'm not even being serious on this thread...

The winky emoji says it all

• But also in context when I was a bit of a git I posted some stupid discussions to be honest. But as I said this threads not too serious. I think theres some certain of how people find you annoying, my intention isnt to be annoying but i am up for a half hearted joke.

• Well I thought it was funny @thedieharder. a little surprising that quite so many took it serious.

(I of course voted remain. My natural elitism appreciates glimpses of those poor unfortunates attracted to bright shiny pyrites).

• Pyrites - not to be confused with next Saturday’s opponents. Quite the opposite in fact - “a shiny yellow mineral consisting of iron disulphide and typically appearing as intersecting cubic crystals.”

Don’t know about you but I’m none the wiser.

• Inspired stuff @NorsQuarters . Thanks for posting. It don’t age, do it.

• I think proactive will get bored and go back to the websites he usually frequents. No point in banning.

• Banning the annoying and dim posters who come on for the occasional wind up will only reinforce the cliquey rep of the gasroom. Should be a broad church and not an echo chamber so it's a no to banning for me....yes he/her comes across as a spotty teenager, defo not a retiree and if he annoys you so much then block him but leave him free to post if only to give everyone a laugh whilst reading his/her idiotic posts. (Spotty teenager emoji)

• Freedom of speech as long as it as it is not hate speech

• I agree about not banning him, unless he starts spilling over into being racist or anything like that.

He’s obviously just looking to provoke a reaction and quite frankly I’m just embarrassed for him more than anything else.

• @Jonny_King said:
      I agree about not banning him, until he starts spilling over into being racist or anything like that.

Fixed that for you Jonny.

• @micra said:
      Pyrites - not to be confused with next Saturday’s opponents. Quite the opposite in fact - “a shiny yellow mineral consisting of iron disulphide and typically appearing as intersecting cubic crystals.”

Don’t know about you but I’m none the wiser.

Sorry. Probably a bit too obtuse. Fools Gold by another name. No implied metaphor for Brexit at all. No sirree.