Skip to content

Couhigs deal not going through ?

Not starting one of those pessimistic discussion and i know the BFP is not the best source, however in an interview with ainsworth yesterday he talked about signings and state of the pitch and the deal was mentioned. Saying it is likely to go through. Hang on. I thought it was a given. Hence the vote. Imagine if they pull out abd become no more than a glorified loan shark. Thoughts?

Comments

• Clearly you did not read Rob Couhig's Tweets yesterday.

• No sorry. Don't twitter at all lol.

• I saw this in an article released today: The American family, who are more than likely going to take over the club in the near future, have helped out the Adams Park side by putting the Chairboys in a strong financial position.

• I think the key word, "soon", was missed from the end of the quote.

• @CyprusSwan said:
    No sorry. Don't twitter at all lol.

Rob Couhig yesterday "off the pitch, great strides this month: food options and service dramatically better at AP; lawyers and accountants are virtually finished on purchase with completion any day now"

• @CyprusSwan said:
    Not starting one of those pessimistic discussion and i know the BFP is not the best source, however in an interview with ainsworth yesterday he talked about signings and state of the pitch and the deal was mentioned. Saying it is likely to go through. Hang on. I thought it was a given. Hence the vote. Imagine if they pull out abd become no more than a glorified loan shark. Thoughts?

@CypusSwan your not allowed to question anything on here about the takeover not going through yet. If you do you, you are accused of being a bigoted right wing Nazi, or something. The Ostrich society likes to have a good night's sleep and likes to think everything is OK.

• @Proactive said:

@CyprusSwan said:

@CypusSwan your not allowed to question anything on here about the takeover not going through yet. If you do you, you are accused of being a bigoted right wing Nazi, or something. The Ostrich society likes to have a good night's sleep and likes to think everything is OK.

You're allowed to question anything if you have credible evidence.

And you haven't been accused of anything like that, but if you were it wouldn't be because you questioned the takeover, it would be because you insist on shoehorning in other agendas at any opportunity.

• @AlanCecil said:
    Clearly you did not read Rob Couhig's Tweets yesterday.

Just clarifying, your not talking about Rob's tweets from 6 weeks ago saying "any day now", or 4 weeks ago "any day now" 3 weeks ago, "any day now".. definitely the tweet yesterday was it saying "any day now", just want to make sure.

• To clarify, it was the article, not GA, who said "likely". Poor choice of words from the writer, rather than Machiavellian conspiracy:

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/18204651.gareth-ainsworth-praises-couhigs-wycombe-push-promotion/

• "But, with the Couhigs coming in, things are looking great and I’m sure our summer window will be fantastic" - GA

• edited February 2020

The Bucks Free Press is so badly and clunkily written that it just makes my brain hurt before I've had a chance to work out what they're on about.

• edited February 2020

@Proactive said:

If you’re going to come on here with your oh-so-controversial opinions, you’re going to have to get a bit of a thicker skin.

Some people have been sceptical about the Couhig deal on here for months. It’s not that that winds people up about you.

• @Proactive said:

So, when the deal finally gets done, and it will, you're going to look a right turd. Oh, sorry, you already look like one with your posting history. No doubt you will find something else to nit pick on.

• @Shev said:
    "But, with the Couhigs coming in, things are looking great and I’m sure our summer window will be fantastic" - GA

I really hope RC and GA aren't put under pressure by fans to spend a lot of money in the summer.

• edited February 2020

I think they're both sensible enough not to give in to any pressure, but I do worry about people expecting too much - to which I usually just say look at Bury.

• It seems a bit strange Gaz himself is talking about "making bids", as while we may have a bit more scope in wages these days, I doubt anyone thought we'd be paying fees again?!

• edited February 2020

Anyone in favour of a prexit referendum where gasroomers get to vote on whether @Proactive stays or leaves?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Proactive said:

So, when the deal finally gets done, and it will, you're going to look a right turd. Oh, sorry, you already look like one with your posting history. No doubt you will find something else to nit pick on.

Just for your info matey. I want the deal to go through and I’m told by my insider at the club that it will be done Wednesday and announced Thursday.
    I sincerely hope they are correct. Otherwise I think we have some major issues.

• @Proactive said:

@CyprusSwan said:

“A bigoted right wing Nazi” Is there any other kind?

• My information mirrors yours @Proactive. For the first time in a while, your post is well written, makes sense and I can agree with it. Previously, your posts have been deflected as they seemed aggressive/abusive in style. This, to me at least, rather got in the way of some reasonable points you were trying to make/ask.

• @drcongo said:
    Anyone in favour of a prexit referendum where gasroomers get to vote on whether @Proactive stays or leaves?

• Yes please - also given the drivel posted about our brilliant ladies team - get shot of this twat ASAP

• @drcongo said:

Don’t worry @drcongo I’m not hanging around on this forum. Save you having to have a recount process on a vote ?
    This is the worst one sided biased forum / group I’ve ever seen. I was warned by several people and I’m afraid your collective reputations proceed, but wanted to see how bad it was on here for myself.
    Word of advice to you, as your the “administrator” you have to start letting people have their own points of view on here, even if they don’t align with your own and don’t get personally involved.
    I’m retiring this year from work so may have the time and the inclination to start up a proper fan based forum.
    I think as fans of the club we deserve that and having trialed first hand the toxic environment on here I’m more certain than ever a proper debating platform is needed, especially if we become a Championship club next season.
    Would like to say I enjoyed my brief debating moments on here, but I’d be lying.

• @Proactive said:

@drcongo said:

Don’t worry @drcongo I’m not hanging around on this forum. Save you having to have a recount process on a vote ?
    This is the worst one sided biased forum / group I’ve ever seen. I was warned by several people and I’m afraid your collective reputations proceed, but wanted to see how bad it was on here for myself.
    Word of advice to you, as your the “administrator” you have to start letting people have their own points of view on here, even if they don’t align with your own and don’t get personally involved.
    **I’m retiring this year from work **so may have the time and the inclination to start up a proper fan based forum.
    I think as fans of the club we deserve that and having trialed first hand the toxic environment on here I’m more certain than ever a proper debating platform is needed, especially if we become a Championship club next season.
    Would like to say I enjoyed my brief debating moments on here, but I’d be lying.

There's no way you're a guy in your 50/60s!

• @Proactive said:

@drcongo said:

I’m retiring this year from work so may have the time and the inclination to start up a proper fan based forum.

• I have set up a thread about Prexit on this...

• If anyone wants to witness anything toxic - take a look at the Wycombe ladies thread - sums this individual up completely

• @Ceefax_Striker said:
    If anyone wants to witness anything toxic - take a look at the Wycombe ladies thread - sums this individual up completely

I had a look....him using a "In joke" phrase from elsewhere on the site on there wasn't as bad as I was expecting!
    There's plenty of other nonsense to focus on!

• @Malone said:

@Ceefax_Striker said:
    If anyone wants to witness anything toxic - take a look at the Wycombe ladies thread - sums this individual up completely

I had a look....him using a "In joke" phrase from elsewhere on the site on there wasn't as bad as I was expecting!
    There's plenty of other nonsense to focus on!

• @Malone said:

@Proactive said:

@drcongo said:

**I’m retiring this year from work **so may have the time and the inclination to start up a proper fan based forum.

There's no way you're a guy in your 50/60s!

I’m in my mid 50s and most people my age can barely see the keyboard never mind setting up an Internet forum.