Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Not really an ex player, but I don't think many Chairboys will be rushing to pay £32 (4 large and 1 small Tom Kerridge pies) to hear over an hour of Tony Adams ramblings. https://wycombeswan.co.uk/Online/tony-Adams-2020-Wycombe

• A normally reliable fellow fan tells me that Eberechi Eze is going to Crystal Palace for £15m. Not on Wikipedia but that disproves nothing, I suppose. Wouldn’t surprise me though. Anyone else heard owt ?

• I hear that Russell Martin is doing a good job as a manager.

• Would be happy to have him as manager if and when.

• Also not an ex-player, but this is, um, interesting.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Also not an ex-player, but this is, um, interesting.

Nice idea, but one of the comments under it nails it - all the relegation gang would go even more defensive to try and get the 2 points for the away draw!

Who posts stuff on linkedin like that!?

• @Malone If you're on Twitter, check out an account called The State of LinkedIn and you'll see.

• He suggested the same thing years ago in the BFP. It didn’t make any more sense then!

• Clearly in his meltdown era. After yesterday, it shouldn't be forgotten he first bandied about the idea of a MK move for us!

• Him and Beeks both. Disgraceful.

• Yesterday also showed what the Booker experience could have been like - rattling round in a ground massively way too big.

• @Malone said:
    Yesterday also showed what the Booker experience could have been like - rattling round in a ground massively way too big.

I liked it.

• @HCblue said:

@Malone said:
    Yesterday also showed what the Booker experience could have been like - rattling round in a ground massively way too big.

I liked it.

Location, parking and food and all that. Maybe.

So empty. Not so good.

• edited February 2020

@Malone said:

@HCblue said:

@Malone said:

I liked it.

Location, parking and food and all that. Maybe.

So empty. Not so good.

I could hear us sing better than at Adams Park, too. Those first three you mentioned were big pluses for me - had a very happy two hours before the game eating an agreeable lunch without bother of crush and easy access to the ground. Were it affordable, I'd be glad to have such a home ground and allow more readily for the dream of bigger things.

• @Malone said:

My other half came up with this priceless observation. She said that with all the black padded seats, it was a bit like sitting on a huge upturned rubber tyre!

• I just realised I had absolutely no clue what Sanchez had been doing since the Fulham job.

Seems he did a little tour of Greece and has been out of work for some time.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I just realised I had absolutely no clue what Sanchez had been doing since the Fulham job.

Seems he did a little tour of Greece and has been out of work for some time.

While there's a definite managerial merry go round, it seems pretty likely he's stayed off it for too long now.

Probably happy to do some occasional media work and cruise around.

• De Havilland scores for Dover

• Perhaps he got a good enough payoff from tne phoney pharoah and he left it too long to get back in. Loads of young managers knocking about now.

• Anyone know why El Abd isn't even making the bench at bottom of league 2 Stevenage?
    Can't see any news on injury.

Just seems very bizarre.
    Looks like he's made about 3 appearances for them, one being at our ground in the Checkatrade!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Perhaps he got a good enough payoff from tne phoney pharoah and he left it too long to get back in. Loads of young managers knocking about now.

He was rumoured to have a got a fair wad from us, so add in the N Ire and Fulham payoffs and he's probably long set for life.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Perhaps he got a good enough payoff from tne phoney pharoah and he left it too long to get back in. Loads of young managers knocking about now.

He was rumoured to have a got a fair wad from us, so add in the N Ire and Fulham payoffs and he's probably long set for life.

I think we are very lucky that by the time they got to Gareth they had no fair wad to give him!

• Best of luck to that man who provided the assist for that Thommo goal!

• Aarons played nearly an hour for Motherwell in a semi professional league against Celtic tonight before being substituted for Seedorf.

• @Fit2drop said:
    Aarons played nearly an hour for Motherwell in a semi professional league against Celtic tonight before being substituted for Seedorf.

"Motherwell winger Rolando Aarons - making his debut on loan from Newcastle - then hit the post from a Liam Polworth cross. The lively Aarons would come close again with an angled drive from the edge of the box which Forster did well to divert over the bar."

• edited February 2020

Myles Weston has a new club. Always liked him - and not just because of that assist.

• Same here.

• Randell Williams scores for Exeter.

• There was a Scott Brown highlight reel on EFL on Quest this week - some cracking saves as Vale saw off Northampton.