Skip to content

Berks & Bucks Cup

Comments

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@peterparrotface said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle unrelated question, do you stand up when Wycombe score?

Yes. I do.

Cheers, just part of some ongoing research commissioned by the Gasroom

• Imagine if we were bottom and richie and trev were joining in!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Imagine if we were bottom and richie and trev were joining in!

They'll be back, if we slip to the lows of outside the auto places

• @peterparrotface said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@peterparrotface said:

Yes. I do.

Can I ask if this will eventually end up in the hands of the Russians or Cambridge Analytica?

@peterparrotface said:

@peterparrotface said:

Yes. I do.

Can I ask if this will eventually end up in the hands of the Russians or Cambridge Analytica?

Eventually?

• Quick update...tonight

Newport Pagnell 1-1 Beaconsfield (NP win 3-1 on pens)
    Maidenhead 1-1 Marlow (Marlow win 3-1 on pens)
    Hungerford 2-1 Bracknell

Aylesbury v Didcot still to play.

Winners join us, Slough, Reading and Milton Keynes in the Quarters.

Would have even better if Beaconsfield had got through to increase the chances of an easier to get to away game. I’m hoping we’ll get Slough or Marlow away!

• We’ve been drawn way to Hungerford Town. I’m jealous of anyone that’s able to go.

• Oh, Didcot beat Aylesbury last week btw.

• Do you know when the Quarter Finals are please? The website seems to suggest 12 January which obviously can't be right!

• Never mind - seen on our own website now that dates are TBC

• @floyd Great for me, just down the road.

• Newport Pagnell away would have been great for me, I could have walked to that.

• What team would anyone choose? A tough one with the ever shrinking squad.

• Allsop

Jombati
    Ofoborh
    Phillips
    Mascoll

Thompson
    Pattison
    Bloomfield

Smyth
    Parker
    Freeman

Hopefully we'll bring in at least another one, but we could really do without this game.

• I suspect this view is very much a generational thing. I can't wait for our return to the B&B

• Seen some great games at rubbish ‘stadia’ down the years.
    Despite making the ‘worst team of the decade’ on a Twitter fanzine page I also had the pleasure of seeing Matt Spring score an absolute worldy at Beaconsfield, in a team that included Gaz and Lee Angol as the two fullbacks!
    How about giving Sido his dream and play him up front.

• Remember that game - what a goal.

• Wouldn't be hugely surprising if GA had a run out in this game too. Depending in timing, maybe useful playing time for Grimmer/Fred if it coincides with their return from injury etc. Probably unlikely but worth asking if we could have special dispensation to play Kashket. Are any of the other coaches capable of playing 90 mins? Would one of the Coehigs fancy a game...? Really would be a bugger to get a serious injury to a key player for this.

• @DevC said:
    Wouldn't be hugely surprising if GA had a run out in this game too. Depending in timing, maybe useful playing time for Grimmer/Fred if it coincides with their return from injury etc. Probably unlikely but worth asking if we could have special dispensation to play Kashket. Are any of the other coaches capable of playing 90 mins? Would one of the Coehigs fancy a game...? Really would be a bugger to get a serious injury to a key player for this.

Seem to remember GA saying he isn't allowed to play for us due to his Woodley United contract. That may have been a particular cup though.

• @DevC I think 'no football activities' might include matches.

• edited January 2020

This is where we really are hurt by not having a deeper squad or youth team. The other two League teams in it can put out their under 18s - MK's first team squad is about the same size as ours - but we'll have to risk at least a few key players. Is this the first time we've entered since the closure of the academy?

• I agree @Wendoverman probably unlikely which is why I said probably unlikely but never does any harm to ask the question.
    Alternatively try to delay the tie until 21 March or later. Wonder if we could get away with playing him as a ringer (for Bayo perhaps).

• Probably not much of a greater risk to injury than a training match at Booker (how did Yates get injured when he hasn't played since November?) Also some of our players need game time for motivational reasons if nothing else. Players like Parker Phillips Mascal Sido and by then maybe Allsopp Grimmer and Fred need game time. All the training in the world is not as good as actually playing in a game.

• @Mr67 said:
    Probably not much of a greater risk to injury than a training match at Booker (how did Yates get injured when he hasn't played since November?) Also some of our players need game time for motivational reasons if nothing else. Players like Parker Phillips Mascal Sido and by then maybe Allsopp Grimmer and Fred need game time. All the training in the world is not as good as actually playing in a game.

Stockdale needs it according to Gaz post Blackpool

• Any funny rules around subs, probably a few players happy to do 45

• Gets interesting if we get to the final as that's usually early May BH (which is on the Friday this year due to VE celebrations) If we are In the play offs we could all be up for a game A Gasroom eleven there's a thought.

• Mr67. That would be embarrassing, a gasroom 11 would get absolutely annihilated. That said, I am up for it. Coyc.

• Gasroom 11?

I thought there were only 7 posters.

Gasroom 11?

and one of them has been banned.

• @Wendoverman said:

Gasroom 11?

and one of them has been banned.

And another one won't be able to get up from the West country!