Skip to content

I wonder why the Couhig deal hasn't gone through yet

Comments

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:

@ValleyWanderer said:
    I went to Swansea on the Tuesday night following the FA Cup Semi-Final heroics at Villa Park (there too naturally). Does that count?

Since i was at this game i feel it should be made the mark of true fandom. We'll overlook the fact i haven't been to a game since December 2016.

I think I remmeber being in your general area for a game in the dreaded LDV/Checkatrade type cup away to Bristol City for a appalling 3-0 whipping. Probably in the rain too.

I've got memories of a Tuesday night game down there where it felt like we barely touched the ball. December 11 2002 according to the excellent COTN.

• Away to Shrewsbury in the LDV or similar. Thought it would be O’Neill’s last game - it wasn’t.

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:

@ValleyWanderer said:
    I went to Swansea on the Tuesday night following the FA Cup Semi-Final heroics at Villa Park (there too naturally). Does that count?

Since i was at this game i feel it should be made the mark of true fandom. We'll overlook the fact i haven't been to a game since December 2016.

I think I remmeber being in your general area for a game in the dreaded LDV/Checkatrade type cup away to Bristol City for a appalling 3-0 whipping. Probably in the rain too.

I've got memories of a Tuesday night game down there where it felt like we barely touched the ball. December 11 2002 according to the excellent COTN.

Big anti and pro Sanchez divide that night

"We want Sanchez out!"

"I don't!"

"don't join in then"

• Let Ritchie back in ..... he was fun !

• Everyone wear their thermals tonight. It's freezing out

• Also... I was there the day we lost to the Met Police .... I must be a super fan !?!? If not I demand to know why

• Back on topic though. I could be way out on this one but wasn't the original condition of the initial monies put in by the Couhig family that if Rob was unsuccessful in his bid/vote didn't go his way, that the club/trust would have to pay him back at some ridiculous percentage rate? Looking at it in my simple way, Rob got the vote as desired, so if he doesn't complete for whatever reason, surely he has urinated away his funds? Hardly our fault that the deal didn't go through, or am I missing the "elephant in the room" here?

• @eric_plant said:
    Everyone wear their thermals tonight. It's freezing out

Seems a bit much for ifollow but it is nippy.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Back on topic though. I could be way out on this one but wasn't the original condition of the initial monies put in by the Couhig family that if Rob was unsuccessful in his bid/vote didn't go his way, that the club/trust would have to pay him back at some ridiculous percentage rate? Looking at it in my simple way, Rob got the vote as desired, so if he doesn't complete for whatever reason, surely he has urinated away his funds? Hardly our fault that the deal didn't go through, or am I missing the "elephant in the room" here?

Depends on the agreement. We come back to this every time Hayes is mentioned, let alone what the Glazers have been allowed to do.

• How much longer will Luby and Collis be willing to wait before they call in what is owed to them?

• Only those who witnessed every minute of Carlos Lopez’s Wycombe career can call themselves a true fan.

• @Uncle_T said:
    How much longer will Luby and Collis be willing to wait before they call in what is owed to them?

Until we actually have some money I assume

• @Uncle_T said:
    How much longer will Luby and Collis be willing to wait before they call in what is owed to them?

Blood & stone are the words that spring to mind?

• @Uncle_T said:

I was under the impression that the Couhigs had paid Bill and Jim, and others, and that and we now owe it to them.

• My understanding was that Couhig would pay that loan off once he has actually taken ownership.

@EwanHoosaami It won't be a case of blood from stone, more cash from sale of the stadium the loan is secured against.

• @Uncle_T said:

I’m pretty sure we’ve already paid them off. Or more accurately, we now owe that money to the Couhigs.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Uncle_T said:

I was under the impression that the Couhigs had paid Bill and Jim, and others, and that and we now owe it to them.

Are you going on “rumours” with this statement. Because you don’t know at all what you are talking about. The person at the club I have spoken to was under the impression that Couhig is waiting to close the deal first before paying Luby and Collis back.

• Prove me wrong then @Proactive. Cheers

• @Proactive said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Uncle_T said:

Are you going on “rumours” with this statement. Because you don’t know at all what you are talking about. The person at the club I have spoken to was under the impression that Couhig is waiting to close the deal first before paying Luby and Collis back.

No, going on a fairly hazy memory, still waiting for your reasoning for your earlier claim.

• I must admit I thought (also hazy memory) the original loan that we will need to pay back included the pay off to the original Americans. Seemed to remember it was good PR on the Couhigs part.

But then I don’t have a “person at the club” to speak to.

• @bookertease said:
    I must admit I thought (also hazy memory) the original loan that we will need to pay back included the pay off to the original Americans. Seemed to remember it was good PR on the Couhigs part.

I’m almost certain this is the case.

• Anyway let’s stop the takeover squabbling. Bloody fantastic start yeeessssss. Come on boys!!

• @bookertease said:

@bigred87 said:
    Ritchie got banned? I missed this what happened?

@drcongo got a bit power-crazed. He even banned (accidentally he says) the one and only @LX1

I told someone to go and fornicate with there k9 and called them a lady garden and didn't get banned!!! What an earth did Ritchie do to get banned?

• The charge that Luby and Collis have against the stadium is currently still outstanding according to Companies House when I looked last week.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Back on topic though. I could be way out on this one but wasn't the original condition of the initial monies put in by the Couhig family that if Rob was unsuccessful in his bid/vote didn't go his way, that the club/trust would have to pay him back at some ridiculous percentage rate? Looking at it in my simple way, Rob got the vote as desired, so if he doesn't complete for whatever reason, surely he has urinated away his funds? Hardly our fault that the deal didn't go through, or am I missing the "elephant in the room" here?

Isn't Mr Couhig a lawyer though ? If so then i'm sure he would have this eventuality covered.

• edited February 2020

Rob has today tweeted that it will go through “any day now”.

• Great looking forward to “any day” now. Rob, if you are going to send thoughts on a persons loss at least make sure you get the name right.

• @Proactive said:
    Great looking forward to “any day” now. Rob, if you are going to send thoughts on a persons loss at least make sure you get the name right.

Why don't you take your bile elsewhere? You are coming across a bigger idiot with each post. Little doubt in my mind you're just an "entitled" millennium. One day "real life" will dawn on you and perhaps you might look in the mirror & you'll realise.

• I don't think proactive is likely to achieve self-awareness any time soon. He voted against it.