Skip to content

I wonder why the Couhig deal hasn't gone through yet

Comments

• It’s also increasingly filled with posters who think that someone disagreeing with them or pointing out the flaws in their argument is the same thing as denying them an opinion.

• @floyd said:
    It’s also increasingly filled with posters who think that someone disagreeing with them or pointing out the flaws in their argument is the same thing as denying them an opinion.

No it's not, etc

• This situation, like the trust has constantly demonstrated, could do with more communication. This takeover situation couldn’t be more Mikey Mouse if they tried.

• @Malone said:
    @Proactive , Your last two posts give a much more reasoned stance - and we all want the best for the club.

The gasroom historically (as well as being a great place to engage, be light hearted and ddebate all aspects), is rife for posters either on the windup, or emerging under a different account once the "heat" has died down on their earlier one.
    Apologies if i've got you wrong.

Thanks @Malone and apology taken. I'm just here to debate about our club. I do see what you mean about the windup merchants.
    An extremely distasteful post from @username by the way, about hanging around school playgrounds.

• @Proactive said:
    OK for starters, disrespectful and discourteous in terms of accusing me of being part of an anti-trust and anti-takeover "faction", which by the way I'm not, but if I had that point of view, just because that is different to your's and my view point, why would that be necessarily wrong?
    Ridicule in terms of openly accusing me of being another poster or something (although that was @Malone), but linked to your original comments.
    I'm 100% behind and concerned about our club (which I'm sure you are and the majority of others on this forum are). If we have different points of view then that doesn't make either you or I necessarily wrong or right.

I did not accuse you of being part of an anti-takeover faction, I said that the style of your posts was similar to those who have posted similar rumours in the past. You have assured me that you’re not one of those to whom I refer and I accept your explanation.

You talk about disrespect, but you accused Rob Couhig of being on a ‘vanity project’ and seeking ‘five minutes of fame’ so I think you’re being rather hypocritical in that regard.

• @Proactive said:

@glasshalffull said:
    Does anyone else think that the posts from Proactive have a certain familiar ring to them? They sound remarkably similar to those being posted a few months ago by the anti-Trust board, anti-takeover faction.
    I genuinely have no idea why there’s been a delay in the deal being completed, other than the official explanation that we’ve been given. However, the spreading of rumours- and that’s all they are at the moment-is at best mischievous and at worst damaging and destabilising.

Just to set you conspiracy theorists straight @glasshalffull & @Malone (and anyone else), I voted for the Rob Couhig takeover and felt it was the right thing at the time. I also think it's really important / vital for our club to have the right private ownership to take us forward.
    I only have one account and yes joined recently to openly debate & discuss important matters that affect our club, so sorry to disappoint on that one.
    I guess the other poster/s you refer to also didn't have your exact point of view on everything, so it appears you try and ridicule anyone that doesn't toe a certain line (ie your own view points).
    The whole thing about forums is that you are meant to openly debate different points of view and at least respect their comments.

Welcome to the Gasroom

• I'm probably a bit naive, but I haven't seen anything to worry about with this takeover as of yet.

That may change, but for now, let's enjoy the crest of a wave we're on, even with the disappointing last month!

• @Proactive said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Proactive said:

If they can't get all the money together to buy the club (which is becoming more apparent as each day passes),

Even Wikipedia would ask for citations here.

Some people just don't wake up and smell the coffee even it when it's brewing right under their noises do they. Still we have nice burgers at tonight's match. LOL.

You are the one who by your own admission voted for a deal where the purchaser hasn't suggested they are putting in huge amounts of their own money. I would have liked a much more open bidding process and more assurances of what happens going forward but I didn't have a vote and that's all behind us anyway. Probably.

There is a delay and there is also a lot of work being done by the Couhigs around matchday, partnership deals and tech and they have impressed many with their time and enthusiasm before they are officially in control.

You didn't say it's a shame we don't know more, you said it's becoming more apparent they can't get the money together without anythig to back that up then you go on the defensive.

• I must admit I'd find it a little easier to follow the doubters over the deal if they weren't all so aggressive about it. Maybe that's also why I'm not believing that new posters aren't just new names for the old ones.

The same MO seems to be in operation at the moment.
    Post something speculative with 'I've heard...' in the story.
    Get someone to accept some true in it.
    Tell everyone its obviously true based on that agreement.

• I'm 99% sure @Proactive isn't another poster, but just someone who popped up as soon as Richie got banned because every village needs an idiot.

• While I'm sure @Proactive was the best candidate I did not see the ad for Gasroom Stirrer. Was it an internal appointment?

• The failure of the deal is obviously why we cannot attract players and are languishing in third. Wake up.and smell the coffee Mark Palmer tricked you all with. I know the establishment will delete my truth and/or i will be cyber- bullied by sad plastic keyboard warriors who never travel, sing or drum and who would not say it to my face.

• Ritchie got banned? I missed this what happened?

• @Wendoverman said:
    The failure of the deal is obviously why we cannot attract players and are languishing in third. Wake up.and smell the coffee Mark Palmer tricked you all with. I know the establishment will delete my truth and/or i will be cyber- bullied by sad plastic keyboard warriors who never travel, sing or drum and who would not say it to my face.

"weird"

• Proactive is far too eloquent to be Richie and his style far too familiar to be a new poster

Old poster with a new name "for me"

• @bigred87 said:
    Ritchie got banned? I missed this what happened?

Ban would have been overturned if the Gasroom had VAR.

• @eric_plant said:
    Proactive is far too eloquent to be Richie and his style far too familiar to be a new poster

Old poster with a new name "for me"

Some of you guys really don't like people posting on here that don't agree with your agendas, do you. Bless.
    (thanks for saying I'm "eloquent" by the way)

• In much the same way as I’d approach a furious Trip Advisor review from someone who registered solely to rip into the establishment, or an eBay bidder with no feedback, I’m always sceptical of new posters who go straight into a negative campaign against someone or something.

I refer you to concerned and lifelong WWFC supporter @scarlet who appeared on the Gasroom just as Aaron Holloway fell from favour and continued to post only on that subject and about GA’s poor man management skills until AH left. At that point, ‘her’ support for the blues fell silent.

I look forward to @Proactive continuing to post on a variety of subjects over the coming months and years.

• @Wendoverman said:
    The failure of the deal is obviously why we cannot attract players and are languishing in third. Wake up.and smell the coffee Mark Palmer tricked you all with. I know the establishment will delete my truth and/or i will be cyber- bullied by sad plastic keyboard warriors who never travel, sing or drum and who would not say it to my face.

If you didn't go to Carlisle the last time we played them, you aren't a proper fan.

• I went to Swansea on the Tuesday night following the FA Cup Semi-Final heroics at Villa Park (there too naturally). Does that count?

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I went to Swansea on the Tuesday night following the FA Cup Semi-Final heroics at Villa Park (there too naturally). Does that count?

Since i was at this game i feel it should be made the mark of true fandom. We'll overlook the fact i haven't been to a game since December 2016.

• Being at that game is Wycombe's version of being in The Blind Beggar. Thousands claim to have been there but the away following was about 169.

I was there

• Only those who were at Grimsby away during the cup run should have been allowed a vote in the recent takeover vote

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I went to Swansea on the Tuesday night following the FA Cup Semi-Final heroics at Villa Park (there too naturally). Does that count?

That was one hell of a bum shift.

I used to wonder about the sanity of people who went to the likes of Exeter/Plymouth/Torquay away midweek in the LDV/Checkatrade type cups.

That's the absolute benchmark of obsessive

• @floyd said:

@ValleyWanderer said:

Since i was at this game i feel it should be made the mark of true fandom. We'll overlook the fact i haven't been to a game since December 2016.

I think I remmeber being in your general area for a game in the dreaded LDV/Checkatrade type cup away to Bristol City for a appalling 3-0 whipping. Probably in the rain too.

• @eric_plant said:
    Only those who were at Grimsby away during the cup run should have been allowed a vote in the recent takeover vote

It was mooted that only those who have seen Adam El Abd play against Wycombe in an FA Cup replay were eligible to be taken seriously.

• To be fair to @Proactive i seem to think that originally he or she was just voicing concerns about what has happened to the deal and shared pessimistic scenarios as to what could have been (or indeed actually be) the problem, in the absence of (I think) at the time any reasonable communication from the club (they were about a week behind really).

In classic social media fashion they got shot down a bit with “what the fook you on about lad/lass” (mostly good natured I thought). They respond by attempting to support their original response with slightly more provocative ideas, followed by more robust rebuttals, followed by increasing levels of abuse.

I don’t see any of the phrasing or conspiracy theories of our previous friends in their language or views.

• And even then, only if they bought their ticket from window 3 on the second Friday of the month.

• @bigred87 said:
    Ritchie got banned? I missed this what happened?

@drcongo got a bit power-crazed. He even banned (accidentally he says) the one and only @LX1