Skip to content

January business?

Comments

• @Malone said:

@Tom_Hancock said:

@Malone said:
    Although Stockwell is a debut this time around. But it does say "debuts", plural!

'Gareth Ainsworth could also hand debuts to Brixton and Vauxhall'

On reading it, it's clearly the FOUR potential Blackpool debutants!

We can't be too greedy, we've surely set a record for transfers in a season this year.
    One for a spare hour for you ;)

I'm still holding out hope of a new face on the team sheet...

• @Malone said:

Although Stockwell is a debut this time around. But it does say "debuts", plural!

I am reliably told that the other new signing to be unveiled later is Lee Southdale - the other twin from the illicit liaison between new signing D Stockdale and former player D Southwell ....

• This is a great one.

Do they have a ‘random player and team’ generator?

• I need to start one of these Transfer Twitters for fun. It must be a heady drug to see fans discussing your wind-ups!

• £150,000. They’re ‘avin’ a larf!

• I wonder if TransferCentral9 is the ninth most reliable TransferCentral account.

• Ainsworth reported that he wants one more signing in the transfer window. Clearly has some budget. With Kashket out for a few weeks, Aarons back at Newcastle, QPR fans calling for Smyth to return, doubts about Fred’s fitness, do we need a winger with pace to complement our current forwards?

• A central defender is vital, Charles fitness and availability a constant worry, Ainsworth not seemingly that confident to put Sido in that role, and Phillip's way off this standard of football.

• edited January 2020

@davecz said:
    Ainsworth reported that he wants one more signing in the transfer window. Clearly has some budget. With Kashket out for a few weeks, Aarons back at Newcastle, QPR fans calling for Smyth to return, doubts about Fred’s fitness, do we need a winger with pace to complement our current forwards?

We could do with another true, creative winger as we are short in that area. QPR would have to recall before the deadline and they'd only be able to if there's a recall clause in place - which hasn't been publicly disclosed at least. I think we're fine elsewhere - but hopefully Grimmer is back soon, which would allow McCarthy to go to centre-back if need be.

• The problem has been - in my opinion - getting the players we already have playing to their full potential. I think we saw a glimpse of that on Tuesday. But yes, any decent defensive cover and competition for wingers would be welcome.

• Looks like Oxford are selling two of their best players for peanuts.

• @Wendoverman said:
    The problem has been - in my opinion - getting the players we already have playing to their full potential. I think we saw a glimpse of that on Tuesday. But yes, any decent defensive cover and competition for wingers would be welcome.

Really? Several League Two stalwarts still playing have led us to an automatic promotion spot n League One with over half the season gone. I would opine that they are playing to, if not beyond, their anticipated potential.

• edited January 2020

I was referring to the likes of Kashket, Freeman, Smyth and Parker who perhaps have not shone as we might have expected this term @perfidious_albion . After half a season, I have not suddenly decided to slag off the players that have helped us to where we are. Rest easy

• We've not really been creative enough to allow them to shine.

• 3 million for a couple of league 1 players is certainly not 'peanuts'.

Obviously Baptiste could go onto to big things and may be worth a lot more in a couple of years but I bet Oxford would have a decent sell-on fee. Fosu is pretty inconsistent, can't see him playing regularly for a top Championship / prospective PL team.

The way Robinson is going on about signing Will Grigg they must need a bit of cash to match Sunderland's asking price.

• edited January 2020

Brentford might pay more if their strategy wasn't so built around resale value - which, to be fair, they've done brilliantly out of in recent years - but that is taking the piss for a player with a ceiling as high as Baptiste's. Then again, if you're Oxford, how far can you really push a Championship promotion contender without risking the collapse of the deal? Oh well, it could all help us!

• Forest just recalled Tyler Walker, who had been on a season-long loan at Lincoln. Yes, he's been scoring for fun and Forest need another striker, but now I'm worried about losing Smyth at the last possible moment ?

• we have 45 mins to sign someone . . dont think ot will happen. .club have tweated nothing all day

• We have another 24 hours

• ah of course my bad! losing track of days !

• I've just realised that the closure of the transfer window aligns with Brexit.

Does this mean that British clubs won't be able to buy overpriced European players after tomorrow night??

• I think it just means teams will demand a replay every time they lose?

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    I've just realised that the closure of the transfer window aligns with Brexit.

Does this mean that British clubs won't be able to buy overpriced European players after tomorrow night??

Or British football will retrench to a bunch of cloggers and those that are barely Div 3 standard will get into top sides. Who wants to see exotic skill and quality grace our game anyway!
    A metaphor for Brexit if there ever was one.

• Or British football will retrench to a bunch of cloggers and those that are barely Div 3 standard will get into top sides. Who wants to see exotic skill and quality grace our game anyway!
    A metaphor for Brexit if there ever was one

Yawn...

• Although I cannot escape it entirely I have avoided FB to try and keep my day relevatively spittle flecked argument free. It would be nice if we could make the Gasroom a Brexit free zone just for today.

• Absolutely Mr W

• I don't vote myself, and (despite the little joke above) I have loved ones on both side of that divide, as well as there clearly being top drawer folks on both sides on here. So as an independent observer I would rather raise a glass to everyone - ALL of you - and say I wish everyone well from across the pond. Brits, Europeans, and any other folks from around the globe. We are all on this spinning orb together, and I wish the best for all of you.

Now on that loving note, let's bring some temporary, sports-based unhappiness to the people of Milton Keynes, please!

• Looks like our latest signing is in Josh Parker/ Darius' instagram stories

• Hang on actually, is that not David Stockdale?