Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackpool

Comments

• The game is live on iFollow

• The away game was the only game I have watched on I follow. It was a souless, joyless experience, I appreciate that some folk cannot get to the ground due to many issues, but it really does make me appreciate watching the game in 4d with a big green thing in front of me.

• @Fit2drop said:
    The away game was the only game I have watched on I follow. It was a souless, joyless experience, I appreciate that some folk cannot get to the ground due to many issues, but it really does make me appreciate watching the game in 4d with a big green thing in front of me.

I find the ifollow coverage superb to be fair.

I think you're either someone who enjoys watching on tv or screen or not.

• I still have nightmares about that Seasiders match in February 2002. It was set up for Wanderers to win and move into (or close to) the play-offs. In the event it was wet, windy and we got a drubbing from an impressive Blackpool with a fabulously noisy band of supporters. It was the beginning of the end for Sanchez and any aspirations we had of being a top-six Third Division team.

Until 2019/20, that is. COME ON WYCOMBE!!!!!!!!!

• @Malone said:

@Fit2drop said:
    The away game was the only game I have watched on I follow. It was a souless, joyless experience, I appreciate that some folk cannot get to the ground due to many issues, but it really does make me appreciate watching the game in 4d with a big green thing in front of me.

I think the lack of multiple camera angles dilutes the experience, but I use it for every midweek away game now.

• Hard to believe we haven't beaten them since 1999. 1999!

• edited January 2020

@Tom_Hancock said:

@Malone said:

@Fit2drop said:

I think the lack of multiple camera angles dilutes the experience, but I use it for every midweek away game now.

Oh it's not Sky, but it's sure as heck a great facility to have versus not seeing the game, or even worse, radio. (no disrespect, i'm sure our radio coverage is great, but it feels a bit 2000s)

And for anyone who watched those couple of pre-season video streams the club put out a few years ago, in comparison, this IS like Sky!

• edited January 2020

As much as I do love it, listening on the radio stresses me out - but being on it as we lost was strangely calming.

• edited January 2020

@Tom_Hancock said:
    As much as I do love it, listening on the radio stresses me out - but being on it as we lost was strangely calming.

The Hutch days were the best, he'd go about 20mins without mentioning the score.

And would take ages to actually get round to saying what had gone on, it'd be and it's wycombe....ooooohhhhhh

then 30seconds later....missed.

• @Malone said:

@Tom_Hancock said:

The Hutch days were the best, he'd go about 20mins without mentioning the score.

And would take ages to actually get round to saying what had gone on, it'd be and it's wycombe....ooooohhhhhh

then 30seconds later....missed.

Bill is on with Phil tonight, always full of passion.

• I've heard there will be a presentation made to Martin Bullock tonight - a true Wycombe legend.

• @peterparrotface said:
    I've heard there will be a presentation made to Martin Bullock tonight - a true Wycombe legend.

He'd get a berth in a "most disappointing league days X1" wouldn't he.
    He should have been a really exciting signing. Although that was based on rinsing us once.

• Really looking forward to a game under the lights.... i may even give one of the new foods Van's a go

• A win tonight would be so massive! With Rotherham playing Ipswich, we would go at least 2nd, and perhaps set ourselves up for a second wind.

Who is going to have a "hero game" tonight?

• @Shev Nnamdi Ofoborh, who wasn't even born the last time we beat Blackpool in a league game.

• @Malone said:

@peterparrotface said:
    I've heard there will be a presentation made to Martin Bullock tonight - a true Wycombe legend.

He'd get a berth in a "most disappointing league days X1" wouldn't he.
    He should have been a really exciting signing. Although that was based on rinsing us once.

He's in Dev's all time Wycombe team

• @our_frank said:
    I still have nightmares about that Seasiders match in February 2002. It was set up for Wanderers to win and move into (or close to) the play-offs. In the event it was wet, windy and we got a drubbing from an impressive Blackpool with a fabulously noisy band of supporters. It was the beginning of the end for Sanchez and any aspirations we had of being a top-six Third Division team.

Until 2019/20, that is. COME ON WYCOMBE!!!!!!!!!

our_frank - I have one distinct memory of the same match ! - Martin Taylor anticipated where the ball was going to be after the bounce and made a move for it , only for the bloody thing to stop dead in a mud bath of the 6 yard box, nicely followed up by the Blackpool striker having an easy tap in for a goal.

• @Tom_Hancock said:

@Malone said:

@Fit2drop said:

If we go up we get four cameras for each game. See link on the ringing the blues thread. Do it for the stayaways lads, or more likely those that won't be able to get in :)

• There’s been an ‘incident’ at Handy X apparently. Probably time to leave if you haven’t!

• it does take the piss that GA gives us fans NO updates on Fred ....

• Blackpool look to be in a 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-1-2, Gary Madine starts.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    it does take the piss that GA gives us fans NO updates on Fred ....

Absolutely we pay their wages. One is not playing and one is not telling us why.

• Is mascoll a left back?

• Wouldn't it be lovely to see Freeman do something tonight?

• edited January 2020

Can you imagine the outrage if we were told about estimated return dates and then the player wasn't back within that time frame?

• yeah but at least that would be some indication rather than. being left in the dark

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Can you imagine the outrage if we were told about estimated return dates and then the player wasn't back within that time frame?

We should have access to their medical.notes at the very least. I was working on the theory that as soon as Fred was fit again gareth would play him.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    yeah but at least that would be some indication rather than. being left in the dark

I seem to recall Ainsworth saying Fred will play some part over christmas/new year but heard nothing since, if he's out for the season just say so.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Wouldn't it be lovely to see Freeman do something tonight?

I agree! He has been due a wonder goal for two seasons.

• @Wendoverman said:

@Wanderers82 said:
    it does take the piss that GA gives us fans NO updates on Fred ....

Absolutely we pay their wages. One is not playing and one is not telling us why.

If @drcongo hadn't thrown out Richie, we would know what was going on. We would also know Stockdale's annual salary and how much we are contributing. I say get the mole back.