Skip to content

I wonder why the Couhig deal hasn't gone through yet

Comments

• edited January 2020

There seems to be a bit of stirring of the brown stuff on here at the moment.

• @Proactive - I know it’s a bit unsettling at the moment with the deal being signed but the signing of Stockdale and McCarthy doesn’t give the impression that things are being unravel.

• I heard that Rob Couhig is pulling out because Gareth would not let him play in goal as a one off. Also, Mark Palmer realized Couhig is a KGB double agent, and joined MI5 to combat him. I also heard they wanted to rename AP as the AdventureDome, and have a crazy golf course on the roof of the Frank Adams.

• I was told (add utter unsubstantiated bs here)

• Well, I was told that Palmer left because Missy wanted the Vere Suite to run a house of ill repute on Sundays, as it would be more profitable than Chilli Dogs?

• edited January 2020

Sorry @Shev but that’s complete and utter nonsense. It’s not going to be crazy golf, the plans I saw clearly show a regular putting green.

• I heard its Gareth's opposition to the CIA slipping Curtis Thompson LSD on match days to see if it makes him more creative...

• Back to reality. The EFL have changed their terms of engagement since the Bury / Bolton fiascos. My understanding is that now considerable funds are required to be lodged under escro. Having this (non working) capital effectively frozen may well not have been factored in when the Couhigs originally briefed Palmer to help find an English club to purchase.

• Surely if that was true @perfidious_albion, the Trust as part owner would have to provide 25% of those funds. That would totally scupper the deal and the EFL would in effect put us out of business. Think it is a load of bollocks, but you can never predict what those nutters at the EFL will do next.

• I think that's mostly bs but the EFL do now require you to prove your business plan is viable showing all your workings and getting proof and support from all stakeholders.
    The fact we have spent money we were previously told was unaffordable and may now find ourselves skinter than expected seems fairly obvious to me though.

• Surely the question should be turned back onto the Couhigs. If they can't afford / aren't prepared to put the necessary funds into an escrow account, why on earth do they think they're the right people to purchase a loss-making football club in a overwhelmingly loss-making industry?

• @mooneyman said:
    Surely if that was true @perfidious_albion, the Trust as part owner would have to provide 25% of those funds. That would totally scupper the deal and the EFL would in effect put us out of business. Think it is a load of bollocks, but you can never predict what those nutters at the EFL will do next.

As the trust is already “the owner” it wouldn’t have to put funds into an escrow, it would be the prospective new majority shareholder only that would potentially be required to do so.

• @aloysius said:
    Surely the question should be turned back onto the Couhigs. If they can't afford / aren't prepared to put the necessary funds into an escrow account, why on earth do they think they're the right people to purchase a loss-making football club in a overwhelmingly loss-making industry?

If we knew that to be true of course, and based on the last statement put out I'd take it as some breach of good faith for it to be.

• @aloysius said:
    Surely the question should be turned back onto the Couhigs. If they can't afford / aren't prepared to put the necessary funds into an escrow account, why on earth do they think they're the right people to purchase a loss-making football club in a overwhelmingly loss-making industry?

You'd like the Couhigs to comment on all this hairbrained nonsense? You do know it's all made up

• @aloysius said:

Good point. But no one is really asking serious or the right questions are they.
    If they can't get all the money together to buy the club (which is becoming more apparent as each day passes), how can they take us forward?
    Their only hope is that we get promoted.
    I think its a "vanity" project for them, worst case scenario is that they've had great exposure, had a shot at the club getting into the Champ, taken in a lot of people on the way, had their "5 mins" of fame and of course can just go back to New Orleans if it all goes tits.
    In the stark real world, we support this club for life whatever the situation.

• @Proactive said:

If they can't get all the money together to buy the club (which is becoming more apparent as each day passes),

Even Wikipedia would ask for citations here.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Proactive said:

If they can't get all the money together to buy the club (which is becoming more apparent as each day passes),

Even Wikipedia would ask for citations here.

Some people just don't wake up and smell the coffee even it when it's brewing right under their noises do they. Still we have nice burgers at tonight's match. LOL.

• @Proactive said:
    Some people just don't wake up and smell the coffee even it when it's brewing right under their noises do they. Still we have nice burgers at tonight's match. LOL.

I would be really concerned if someone was asleep with brewing coffee under their noses. A real injury and well being risk there.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Proactive said:

I would be really concerned if someone was asleep with brewing coffee under their noses. A real injury and well being risk there.

Amazing ?

• Does anyone else think that the posts from Proactive have a certain familiar ring to them? They sound remarkably similar to those being posted a few months ago by the anti-Trust board, anti-takeover faction.
    I genuinely have no idea why there’s been a delay in the deal being completed, other than the official explanation that we’ve been given. However, the spreading of rumours- and that’s all they are at the moment-is at best mischievous and at worst damaging and destabilising.

• edited January 2020

@glasshalffull said:
    Does anyone else think that the posts from Proactive have a certain familiar ring to them? They sound remarkably similar to those being posted a few months ago by the anti-Trust board, anti-takeover faction.
    I genuinely have no idea why there’s been a delay in the deal being completed, other than the official explanation that we’ve been given. However, the spreading of rumours- and that’s all they are at the moment-is at best mischievous and at worst damaging and destabilising.

He seems to have a bit more of an aggressive edge than either marlow chair, or the carrots bloke. So i'm not sure he's them, but he has popped up fairly recently, so it's likely he's got a dual account somewhere down the line.

• Can't see the resemblence at all, Carrots and Marlow came across as middle aged guys with a mixture of genuine concerns and personal axes to grind, Proactive is clearly a kid on a wind up.

• @Proactive said:

@aloysius said:

Good point. But no one is really asking serious or the right questions are they.
    If they can't get all the money together to buy the club (which is becoming more apparent as each day passes), how can they take us forward?
    Their only hope is that we get promoted.
    I think its a "vanity" project for them, worst case scenario is that they've had great exposure, had a shot at the club getting into the Champ, taken in a lot of people on the way, had their "5 mins" of fame and of course can just go back to New Orleans if it all goes tits.
    In the stark real world, we support this club for life whatever the situation.

To be fair to me, I was asking exactly these questions at the time of the vote, it's just no one wanted to listen. We still don't have answers now. Let's not forget it was your friend Mark Palmer who was selling this deal on behalf of the Couhigs / board. If he has something to say now he should come out and say it rather than hide behind friends dropping rumours and insinuations on message boards. Unless you know whether he has an NDA preventing him from doing so?

• @glasshalffull said:
    Does anyone else think that the posts from Proactive have a certain familiar ring to them? They sound remarkably similar to those being posted a few months ago by the anti-Trust board, anti-takeover faction.

Just to set you conspiracy theorists straight @glasshalffull & @Malone (and anyone else), I voted for the Rob Couhig takeover and felt it was the right thing at the time. I also think it's really important / vital for our club to have the right private ownership to take us forward.
    I only have one account and yes joined recently to openly debate & discuss important matters that affect our club, so sorry to disappoint on that one.
    I guess the other poster/s you refer to also didn't have your exact point of view on everything, so it appears you try and ridicule anyone that doesn't toe a certain line (ie your own view points).
    The whole thing about forums is that you are meant to openly debate different points of view and at least respect their comments.

• Where did I disrespect or ridicule you? I said that your posts were guilty of spreading rumours and you can’t deny that. You were not openly debating a different point of view, you were making assumptions based on those rumours.

• @Proactive - As a new poster you will quickly learn that @glasshalffull is ALWAYS right and only his opinion is valid. It is best just to ignore him.

• OK for starters, disrespectful and discourteous in terms of accusing me of being part of an anti-trust and anti-takeover "faction", which by the way I'm not, but if I had that point of view, just because that is different to your's and my view point, why would that be necessarily wrong?
    Ridicule in terms of openly accusing me of being another poster or something (although that was @Malone), but linked to your original comments.
    I'm 100% behind and concerned about our club (which I'm sure you are and the majority of others on this forum are). If we have different points of view then that doesn't make either you or I necessarily wrong or right.

• @mooneyman said:
    @Proactive - As a new poster you will quickly learn that @glasshalffull is ALWAYS right and only his opinion is valid. It is best just to ignore him.

Thanks I will try and learn the ropes on here quickly!

• You haven't come up with a point of view other than pure speculation / completely made up nonsense, at least with Carrots and Marlow there were elements of truth.

An opinion is only worth any respect if it's based in at least some version of truth. Otherwise I could ask you to respect discuss my "opinion" that you hang around school playgrounds -it's complete nonsense, but there's as much evidence for that as there is for the takeover bid falling through.

• @Proactive , Your last two posts give a much more reasoned stance - and we all want the best for the club.

The gasroom historically (as well as being a great place to engage, be light hearted and ddebate all aspects), is rife for posters either on the windup, or emerging under a different account once the "heat" has died down on their earlier one.
    Apologies if i've got you wrong.