Skip to content

Kashket banned for 2 months

2»

Comments

• Looks like the ban is partly because he was betting before the bad treatment at Orient , albeit unaware possibly of the rules.
    Agree with @Last_Quarter whilst this change may be fair did the owners of Orient even get investigated?

• To be fair they cant be investigated until a specific complaint is made and there is no evidence that one ever was. Its a bit late now.

• It's pretty clear to me reading that report that the FA know exactly what sort of scum bad Becchetti is and that they had huge sympathy for the ordeal Scott had to go through

And I think we all know exactly what his problem with Scott was

What a horrible, horrible c**t

• I won't post the link as it's from The Sun, but this is what Kashket said about his experiences a few years ago:

"I wish I knew to this day what the powers that be at Orient had against me. One game last season under former boss Andy Hessenthaler, I was stripped and ready to come on – and some Italian ran down and told Hess: ‘anyone can come on except for Kashket’.

“It carried on until last pre-season, whenI not allowed to travel on the tour, and then was made to train alone or with the youth team.

“The Italians blamed it on Hessenthaler not fancying me, but I knew he rated me. It was humiliating, they blocked me from playing and tried to ruin my career."

• @Last_Quarter said:
    The statement really was superb, particularly Rob Couhig's quote. A timely-reminder of just how well-run we are off the pitch, as well as on it.

You’re joking right?

• Seems like they accepted that he wasn't aware that the bets he placed broke FA rules. Of course ignorance is no defence. But surely the FA should require clubs as part of their induction programme to new players to set out clearly the key rules and how they affect them. To expect an 18 year lad to do it off his own back seems harsh.

• This extract from the judgement is damning of the owners and management at Orient at that time. Far more serious then a few bets placed by a young lad at a time when he probably thought he had no future in football. Surely the FA can't ignore this and it needs further investigation and action.

28) We have been provided with a number of witness statements from which it is plain – and
    we accept – that SK underwent a torrid time while at LOFC. Having joined the club on the
    understanding that he could become a member of the first team squad, and having started
    well at the club, a few months after joining SK became effectively ostracised within LOFC:
    a) During the 2014/15 season the Club was bought by a new owner and a new manager
    was appointed. SK was soon told that he would never play for LOFC, was told that he
    could no longer train with the first team and that he should leave LOFC. For the
    remainder of that season SK trained with the youth team, not the first team; indeed, he
    was told that he could have no contact at all with the first team
    b) The following season (2015/16) SK remained with LOFC:
    i) A new manager was appointed at the start of the season, who encouraged SK and
    indicated that SK could expect first team football that season
    ii) During the season that manager left, a new manager was appointed and SK again
    found himself excluded from that manager’s plans and from any involvement with
    the first team
    iii) Towards the end of that season yet another manager was appointed. While that
    manager wished to include SK in the first team, he was told (according to the
    evidence in his witness statement, which we accept) by the owner and the owner’s
    personal staff
    (1) not to include SK in the team
    (2) to have SK train with the youth team and not the first team (and indeed to ensure
    that SK did not even mix with the first team)
    (3) to exclude SK from a pre-season tour
    c) It appears that the manner in which SK was treated at LOFC had nothing whatsoever
    to do with SK’s footballing ability

• It is antisemitism, clear as day.

That report just about says much without getting the FA into trouble with the former owner’s defamation lawyers.

• He always comes across as a such a nice guy, it’s hard to imagine what he went through.

• That celebration and release when he scored against Orient is even more memorable now.

I can’t wait to see him back in the Quarters.

• Amen. Hope he is able to stay mentally strong in the interim and comes back hungry for goals.

Da da, da da, da da, da da ... Scotty Kashket scores another goal!

• Would it be good in these circumstances - players barred from all football related activity - if the FA rather had some kind of volunteer/community program that players could attend whilst they imposed free time on their hands?
    Surely players who are given lengthy bans would be better protected that way. Or am I being too naive to think that the FA might consider the players welfare to be of any concern?

• @Twizz said:
    Would it be good in these circumstances - players barred from all football related activity - if the FA rather had some kind of volunteer/community program that players could attend whilst they imposed free time on their hands?
    Surely players who are given lengthy bans would be better protected that way. Or am I being too naive to think that the FA might consider the players welfare to be of any concern?

Might you be being naïve in assuming that it is not?