Skip to content

Should football now change to reflect the Climate Emergency?

13»

Comments

• I wouldn't fancy 2PM KO's, got my routine for home games and I like it, that said, I do walk 6 miles there from home via town, so I'm doing my bit

Don't really like regional leagues either, like the north

Some common sense with not switching the floodlights on too early would be wise and try to source food and drink from local suppliers like we do with Rebellion beer

• @Malone said:

@Lloyd2084 said:

@bookertease said:
    No need to have physical cards at all for season tickets. They could (fairly) easily set it up for phone use to scan (assuming the scanners work)

This is what I’ve been doing all season. I didn’t get a paper / plastic ticket and use my phone each game.

You have a season ticket on your phone?
    Or do you mean you're a "match by match malone".

I paid for my tickets late on in the summer and I simply got sent a text message with a QR code for all 3. As it seemed to work for a couple of matches I never bothered following up for a plastic version.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Regionalising seems like a great idea until you realise we would be consigned to play Plymouth and Bristol Rovers until the end of time.

These games are neither local or exciting.

I'm not sure how you split regions to reduce travel. I don't see how it can ever work.

Trump has dismissed climate change today anyway. And they have regionalisation in the NFL

I think we can all agree that if President Trump has dismissed climate change, there is nothing more to be said on the subject.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    The real way to stop global warming have to be targeted at big industry.

Turning the floodlights off wont shift the needle.

I have heard that by far the biggest polluter in the last century was war. When I remember hearing how much fuel it takes a harrier jump jet to take off it puts all private air travel into perspective. The lies that led to the Iraq war contributed far more to carbon emissions than anything else that decade, in addition to causing untold human misery.

Two years ago the club replaced the lights in the Frank Adams stand with leds. Last year they did the same with the Away end. The process of energy saving is ongoing.
    Whilst I do agree that we all should do more to recycle we must also put it in perspective and allow for the fact that almost all human activity produces harmful emissions. Is the answer a one child policy perhaps;)

Personally I fly over to watch wwfc and this brings me great joy (last Tuesday's anger not withstanding). However I am also an avid recycler, most of the items I buy are second hand and I offset the carbon from my flights through various green schemes. I could aim for zero emissions but without watching my only Wycombe at AP, would life be worth living? I guess I am just not prepared to go fully green when I am really dark and light blue at heart.