Skip to content

L1 needs professional referees NOW

Comments

• @Shev said:
    I love the use of the term "plastic" for fans of a L1 club who finished 17th last season. Because everyone is clearly all in it for the glory...

Definitely a pretty dopey thing to say.

Didn't go to an away game 100+ miles away on a freezing cold midweek night in Jan, so you're plastic!
    Never mind the decades of season tickets!

• It doesn't excuse the decision, but do we really think we'd have got something out of that game without the ref? They were already all over us down the wings. Still probably would have lost by a couple the way it was going, even if we'd ended up playing well.

• I disagree. We have faced similar onslaughts and come through, not least last time out against Posh. My point was that the result was by no means a forgone conclusion, as it was after the decision.

• @NorsQuarters True, it's just the diamond never works for us, but I suppose we'll never know how Gareth might have changed it. Oh well, at least we can't have that ref again. But I think we could have our friend Trevor again...

• @Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    How can a 21st minute red card have little bearing on a game? Fucking Norah.

We’re you there?

I watched the full 90 mins on iFollow so I feel I had a pretty good grasp of the ebb and flow of it.

@OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

I watched the full 90 mins on iFollow so I feel I had a pretty good grasp of the ebb and flow of it.

@OxfordBlue said:

@Proactive said:

@OxfordBlue said:

We’re you there?

As I thought the little group of 3-4 people giving it large on here with their opinions, none of them were actually at the match last night “f’ing priceless”, funny though.

“Oh I watched it on IFollow and had a better view than you” (btw childish), is no substitute for actually investing one’s own time, money and effort to travelling every week to follow your club and of course a level of understanding about the game also helps.

Two words come to mind which are “plastic” & “supporter”

You seem incredibly insecure. Who hurt you?

• Yes hes wrong folks, but come on, dont take the piss and have a go too much. That's why people give up and stop posting, surely the more people that use the gasroom the better ?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Yes hes wrong folks, but come on, dont take the piss and have a go too much. That's why people give up and stop posting, surely the more people that use the gasroom the better ?

If he was being polite to people you'd have a point, but he's been rude and objectionable from the get go. Civility works both ways.

• It'll be terribly sad if @Proactive never comes back to grace us with his galactic brain and razor sharp wit.

• edited January 2020

@HolmerBlue said:
    Yes hes wrong folks, but come on, dont take the piss and have a go too much. That's why people give up and stop posting, surely the more people that use the gasroom the better ?

I'm sure @Proactive is not a melting snowflake Gas-remoaner and can take it as much as he gives it out @HolmerBlue despite 3-4 people on here giving it large.

• Sorry to be pedantic @Wendoverman, but snowflakes do not wilt, they melt.

• @mooneyman said:
    Sorry to be pedantic @Wendoverman, but snowflakes do not wilt, they melt.

say that to my face on matchday @mooneyman ( :smile: )

• The Wilting Snowflakes would be a fantastic name for an emo band.

• Hi Qpr fan here in peace but live in peterborough and have a st there. Gotta be honest the ref was a clown the other night he missed whatever push and the linesman gave the pen. The refereeing in the premier is shocking and the donuts you get in league one are woeful.

I was curious as to how Giles Philips and Smyth were going to be. I know Philips has a error in him. ive seen him a couple of times lads got pace but looks a squad player rather than a starter if that makes sense. Smyth a lot of people want him back at QPR for his pace but a season with you will do him good.

As for the other night Posh have been dire playing a diamond which looked like you used to match us up would of been a decent game 11v11 had the ref not been playing cards for 45 mins then gave up with them.

All the best for the rest of the season not come to gloat on here as as a Rs fan we still love Ainsworth and want own players to do well.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    @NorsQuarters True, it's just the diamond never works for us, but I suppose we'll never know how Gareth might have changed it. Oh well, at least we can't have that ref again. But I think we could have our friend Trevor again...

May have missed something, but why can't we have that ref again?

• @HolmerBlue said:

There's being wrong, and there's posting nonsense and getting abusive when challenged.

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    @NorsQuarters True, it's just the diamond never works for us, but I suppose we'll never know how Gareth might have changed it. Oh well, at least we can't have that ref again. But I think we could have our friend Trevor again...

Pretty sure a ref can't take charge of more than two games involving the same team in a season, but I may be wrong.

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Pretty sure a ref can't take charge of more than two games involving the same team in a season, but I may be wrong.

Wow, that little!

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

I thought we've had the same ref twice this season

• We've had Huxtable and Busby for two, possibly another one as well. Like I say, I may be wrong, but I don't think it's common to get the same one three times even if it's not a rule.

• Oh, my bad, I thought we'd had Breakspear once before Peterborough.

• This season Breakspear as been referee at 3 Peterborough League matches.
    Gillingham v Peterborough (2-2) Portsmouth v Peterborough (2-2) and this week v WWFC . Another 4 goal match!!

• I hate to break it to people, but we've got Kettle for the Blackpool game.

• It's generally a bad sign when you actually recognise a ref by name at Wycombe's level!

I hate to break it to people, but we've got Kettle for the Blackpool game.

Isn't referee announcements richie's job?

• He's been sacked.

• I fairness, we have won 3-2 in injury time the last two times we've had him.

• What’s even worse is that we would all have know. Who it was if he’d just said his first name

• Surely if referees have to give up their day job to become professional a lot of them will give up altogether or move to a lower level/ That would mean that they are replaced by ones from lower down who might have potential to get to the right standard or might not. It is not a certain way to improve standards.

• @drcongo said:
    He's been sacked.

Did he get £3k compo?