Skip to content

Injuries

Is this our list of injured players?
Little if anything has been said regarding these injuries and when players are expected to be back.

Alex Pattison
Thought he was quite lively when he came on against Sunderland.
Was not in the squad for the Peterborough match.
Is he injured?

Scott Kashket
Not in the squad for the Peterborough match.
Injured?

Cameron Yates
Since we have not signed a keeper on loan, maybe his injury is not bad and he will be back soon?
If he is not back soon, we must be looking into signing a keeper on loan?

Jack Grimmer
Last time he featured was away against Ipswich - November 26th 2019.
Maybe his injury is worse than the club thought at first?

Fred Onyedinma
Last time he featured was against Peterborough at Adams Park, October 5th 2019, came off injured.
Hoping that he will be back soon, what a player to have back when fit. The thought of him being out for the season has crossed my mind...

Joe Jacobson
Came off injured yesterday in the first half, I am praying it is not a serious injury...

Comments

• edited January 2020

Re Yates, it probably makes more sense not to do anything on loan while Allsopp is fit. Try to get a GK in on loan just to sit on the bench would be difficult. far easier to get a better one in if Allsopp was injured and the loanee was going to play. Obviously this way though runs the risk that an outfield player may need to go in goal in a match if Allsopp got injured during a game.

If Allsopp was not available, we could bring one in at any time (loan window wouldn't apply) in fact whether Yates was injured or not.

I did wonder whether Kashket's absence meant his betting ban was now running but not publicised but more likely he is injured. Who knows what the true story around Fred's absence is.

• What if Allsop gets injured during a game? Then we'd be a bit stuffed. I suppose we could always register Aaron Dillon.

• That's the risk - an outfield player would have to cover. Always was one of lifes occasional joys but rarely seen these days.

• 'Who knows what the true story around Fred's absence is.'

Are they lying to us again? @DevC

• Pattison! I'd totally forgotten about him.

Had a storming game against Bolton on the first day, looking like he could be some sort of major goal threat, having about 6 chances, but I'm not sure I've seen him look anywhere near as effective since.

Kashket is a mystery. Could just be a one game knock, could be the ban, as surely he wouldn't be left out of 7 outfield subs with 3 defenders on the bench?

• Kashket was ill or injured. It would be a very bad communication route to go down if the club were keeping the already known about betting investigation result quiet.

• Might be that his hearing is this week and he's psychologically not up to playing?

• I understand that Kashket's ban started yesterday. Lasts for two months.

• Would it? I don't think I'd have too much of a problem if between club and player they came to the decision that they wanted to deal with something like that with as little publicity as possible

Some things are more important than whether a player is available to sit on a bench in Peterborough or not

• edited January 2020

I think the fans have the right to know if a player is out for a set amount of time, especially when it relates to a non-footballing matter. Surely the FA would release a statement anyway.

• @Cyclops said:
    I understand that Kashket's ban started yesterday. Lasts for two months.

Where's that come from? An insider.

Surely the club need to reveal that officially at some stage!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I think the fans have the right to know if a player is out for a set amount of time, especially when it relates to a non-footballing matter. Surely the FA would release a statement anyway.

Depends what you consider most important I suppose. Your "right to know" or the player's wellbeing

• Keeping fans informed of what's going on doesn't mean his wellbeing isn't taken into consideration. As I say, I'm sure the FA would have to release a statement if he was banned, which would take it out of the club's control anyway.

• "Keeping fans informed of what's going on doesn't mean his wellbeing isn't taken into consideration."

It would if they decided it would affect him adversely the more publicity there was around it

"As I say, I'm sure the FA would have to release a statement if he was banned, which would take it out of the club's control anyway."

They don't have to

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Keeping fans informed of what's going on doesn't mean his wellbeing isn't taken into consideration. As I say, I'm sure the FA would have to release a statement if he was banned, which would take it out of the club's control anyway.

I would have thought unfounded speculation has a bigger scope for causing harm to the player.

• @Malone said:

@Cyclops said:

Not all that sure really @Malone. I was at Peterboro' on Tuesday evening and there was some natter about it. Might be a load of bollocks, but then I suppose there is no smoke without water.

• @Cyclops said:

@Malone said:

@Cyclops said:

Not all that sure really @Malone. I was at Peterboro' on Tuesday evening and there was some natter about it. Might be a load of bollocks, but then I suppose there is no smoke without water.

He's not "that" key to us, so doing the usual secrecy thing dopesn't make as much sense as with injuries.
    And it'll soon be very obvious of he's not in the squad for the next game or two, so i'd imagine they'll make an announcement soon?

• @Malone said:

@Cyclops said:

@Malone said:

@Cyclops said:

He's not "that" key to us, so doing the usual secrecy thing dopesn't make as much sense as with injuries.
    And it'll soon be very obvious of he's not in the squad for the next game or two, so i'd imagine they'll make an announcement soon?

Well, I hope so; but more than anything else I hope that Scotty K is alright and that our club are able to provide him with the support that he needs - if required. Knowing Gaz and Dobbo and the team I am sure that will be the case.

• Well said

• Agree @Cyclops though as the reports tended to suggest that the problem stemmed from his time at Orient years ago, hopefully our excellent, supportive club and management have already helped him out from under to some extent in the intervening time and he'll soon be back and firing on all cylinders.