Skip to content

January business?

Comments

• @BayosSize12s said:
    Bayo has let it slip - McCarthy can be seen in his instagram feed

Is this "banter", or true?

There's no sign of any mention on the fb pages, and there's people who scour every wycombe the socials of all our players on there.

• edited January 2020

@BayosSize12s said:
    Bayo has let it slip - McCarthy can be seen in his instagram feed

I am calling BS on this. Hope you got something out of posting this

• There he is - not Pato or Yates.

• That's Macca

• It's the shape of the hair in particular that's doing it for me.

• If Yates is really ‘on crutches’ as someone suggested in that thread hopefully it’s a new ‘keeper.

• Definitely not the guy in the coaching staff with blonde hair? (Not Waites...tthe younger guy)
    Not that he'd be doing all of that stuff with the players of course.

Let's hope it is Macca.

• Coaching staff all wear the opposite colour code for training kit so not him

• I think it's Colin Bell c. 1971.

• Also looks like that has been removed from his Instagram so maybe been told to take it down because it does give it away

• I thought it was likely BS but my lad just showed me another pic from that set that is definitely him.

• @MindlessDrugHoover - tremendous. Are we getting Franny Lee, as well? Would be good to have a fat player.

• Definitely McCarthy. Pattison has uploaded a story on Instagram clearly showing it's him. Said I had a feeling this may happen...

• If that is true @DJWYC14, then that post has also been swiftly removed!

• Still available for me on his story

• McCarthy would be a good catch if feasible. I have a feeling that Grimmer will be out a while longer yet, nothing concrete, just reading into a comment last week from one interview or another. Hope I am well wide of the mark on the Grimmer one!

• Yes, I concluded similar from one of Ainsworth's comments. By his standards regarding injuries, it was quite damning.

• edited January 2020

• Could barely be a better loan signing in our current situation and style of play.

• Great bit of business. Really pleased. Goal.today please Macca !

• Will McCarthy be our only business. Hopefully all he is doing is replacing Aarons wages. Assuming we have got some extra spending, it would be good to get someone who could score some goals. With our current squad can only see a handful of goals from anyone and not enough between them. Need a goal scorer.

• We need a 'keeper at the moment with Yates injured!

• @davecz said:
    Will McCarthy be our only business. Hopefully all he is doing is replacing Aarons wages. Assuming we have got some extra spending, it would be good to get someone who could score some goals. With our current squad can only see a handful of goals from anyone and not enough between them. Need a goal scorer.

It all depends on Fred really, as he IS that man! Most likely the top earner, and has real flair and ability.

But that "back for Jan" was clearly not that, and you wonder how bad his injury actually was to still be nowhere near the matchday 18 by mid Jan.

• It said in the Sunderland preview on the club site that he's back in outdoor training.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It said in the Sunderland preview on the club site that he's back in outdoor training.

Well that sounds good. But I think we all thought he'd be a lot further along.

However, it's clear we need to get him 100% this time, without any sort of risk.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Great bit of business. Really pleased. Goal.today please Macca !

Your words have power, O @Wendoverman!

• @Wendoverman Now say something about Fred returning next Saturday and scoring a hat trick.

• Even if it is only at the training ground!