Skip to content

Catering changes tomorrow

2»

Comments

• Did this make much difference today? I personally don't think I queued for any less time than normal.

• Some nice jerk vegan something with rice and beans outside, heard great things about the pies too

• Nice burger pre game, really good kiosk pie at half time, some Rebellion, Hardly any queue. Definitely an improvement.

• @NorsQuarters said:
    Some nice jerk vegan something with rice and beans outside, heard great things about the pies too

The Kerridge Chicken and Mushroom pie was indeed great. The edible WWFC badge on top a nice touch. At £7 a pop Her Indoors and I won’t be eating too many though. The vegan van is also pretty good.

• It still took from the start of half-time until after the second half had kicked off in the queue at the Family Stand kiosk to get a cup of coffee and a bottle of Fanta, so not noticeably quicker than usual.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Nice burger pre game, really good kiosk pie at half time, some Rebellion, Hardly any queue. Definitely an improvement.

Bloody hell! Matchday not for the fainted hearted in your house eh @StrongestTeam ? ?

• The leek, ham and cheddar pie was sensational. Definitely worth the extra couple of quid over the usual slop - easily the best pie I’ve scoffed in any environment.

• @Wendoverman said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    Nice burger pre game, really good kiosk pie at half time, some Rebellion, Hardly any queue. Definitely an improvement.

Bloody hell! Matchday not for the fainted hearted in your house eh @StrongestTeam ? ?

Ha, guilty. all needed to be sampled in the interests of debate. Got there fairly early yesterday and very much enjoyed the "matchday experience"

• @Wendoverman said:

Think you would have the coronary on my behalf @Wendoverman . Like @StrongestTeam I got there early, as such, I had two burgers from Lindy Lous van before depending upon the "village". A wash down with a pint of Rebellion, half time a small Tom Kerridge leek ham & cheddar pie added to which a chicken one as well. A desert of 5 single whisper bars & a chocolate digestive biscuit. I have managed to survive the gastronomic onslaught in the interests of research. I can say that at the moment my cardiac system is letting me know that my attempts to replicate the programme "supersize me", have not gone unnoticed and I am certainly going to ease way back off today. The debate on which is the best option will have to wait until I visit the street food tent for curried goat etc and the hickory smoked burger/sausage tent at the next home game, if I live long enough?

• edited January 2020

@EwanHoosaami said:

@Wendoverman said:

Think you would have the coronary on my behalf @Wendoverman . Like @StrongestTeam I got there early, as such, I had two burgers from Lindy Lous van before depending upon the "village". A wash down with a pint of Rebellion, half time a small Tom Kerridge leek ham & cheddar pie added to which a chicken one as well. A desert of 5 single whisper bars & a chocolate digestive biscuit. I have managed to survive the gastronomic onslaught in the interests of research. I can say that at the moment my cardiac system is letting me know that my attempts to replicate the programme "supersize me", have not gone unnoticed and I am certainly going to ease way back off today. The debate on which is the best option will have to wait until I visit the street food tent for curried goat etc and the hickory smoked burger/sausage tent at the next home game, if I live long enough?

Have you forgotten all you learned from the FFIT course??? LOL

• @AlanCecil said:
    Have you forgotten all you learned from the FFIT course??? LOL

Ah, a mere blip on the sacrificial altar of research Alan. How can one contribute to a debate when there has been inadequate analysis? Never fear the rest of the week will be back to basics and exercise aplenty.

• Where were the pies being sold? I couldn’t see a pie outlet outside.

• @Gerry47 said:
    Where were the pies being sold? I couldn’t see a pie outlet outside.

From the ticket office on the northwest corner, between the Beechdean Stand and the terrace.

• What became of the mobile tea vendors that used to patrol the front of the terrace and two stands back in the 90s?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    What became of the mobile tea vendors that used to patrol the front of the terrace and two stands back in the 90s?

I asked much the same question back in September! It seemed to work well all those years ago, why not try it again?