Skip to content

Match day thread: Rochdale

Comments

• Usual pre-match bits over on chairboyscentral.com

• Good to see parker getting a chance, hopefully he's playing behind the front 2 and not out wide!!!

• Samaritans just gave me a teabag to 'raise my spirits later' when i donated so what do they know and how dare a charity at a football match be so partisan?

• @bigred87 said:
    Good to see parker getting a chance, hopefully he's playing behind the front 2 and not out wide!!!

He could be part of the front two, Freeman left, wheeler right in a 442. Or not.

• I'm guessing McCarthy has also been signed as cover for Allsopp

• Intriguing to see Parker start.

Hopefully he has a stormer as the "hadto wait for a chance" press writes myself

• Itself even!

• @StrongestTeam said:

@bigred87 said:
    Good to see parker getting a chance, hopefully he's playing behind the front 2 and not out wide!!!

He could be part of the front two, Freeman left, wheeler right in a 442. Or not.

Fingers crossed

• Very interesting lineup. Buzzing to see Jason back!

• The turfs seen better days........

• Strong line up.

• Looks like there might be 50 Rochdale fans in the corner of the main stand.

• When it rains it pours.

• If you’re being closed down like that, surely better to knock it for a throw than take such a risk

• Oh my giddy aunt. Macca!

• Well it just had to happen i suppose! Nice one McCarthy.

• Rochdales goal was farcical.

Bouncy one from Thompson to McCarthy. Bouncy one to the keeper who looked like he'd got it in position to boot pretty quickly.
    And just the horror of seeing it ricochet in!

Made McCarthy's goal look planned in comparison!

Not quite sure what the idea is behind Wheeler left and Freeman right.

• Playing some decent football i think but what a ridiculous goal and we need to prevent them getting any set pieces today!!

• We needed that! Not brilliant but better and in good spirits going into the Peterborough game. I was pretty please with Parker on his long-awaited first league start, and McCarthy was just McCarthy - apart from his part in the goal, which the less said about the better.

• Did we ever need that! Great win.

• We deserved the win, and might have won by three on another day...wait, we DID win by three on another day! However, sometimes it is better to get that cathartic late winner, to galvanize everyone.

I was pleased with Parker too overall, like @chairboyscentral above. I thought Freeman played well apart from the usual shooting boot issues, and really, everyone played their part. Macca deserved man of the match.

• Can't beat a last min winner can you.

Thought we were readying Kashket on 88mins so i was surprised to see Bloomfield come on.

However, it all worked well.
    Need a positive result v Peterboro next. They seem a fairly inconsistent outfit.

• They lost at AFC Wimbledon today and won't have Marcus Maddison.

• edited January 2020

Hopefully this raised a fair bit - the free tea bags were nice!

• And they’re playing the top two teams in their next two matches. They’ve got to be nervous.

• 0Agree about parker and freeman. Nick is about 10% away from being great. Had his shot been on target it would have capped a good display. Gape and thompson mopped up almost everything and i know we won and we have a hard game in the week but bringing mr wycombe on and not kashket for freeman or parker smacked of protecting a point ratjer than pushing a knackered team for the win to me. Excellent run from Smyth for the pen but shouldnt we have had one earlier for McCarthy? I notice a/the drummer has returned.

• @Wendoverman said:
    0Agree about parker and freeman. Nick is about 10% away from being great. Had his shot been on target it would have capped a good display. Gape and thompson mopped up almost everything and i know we won and we have a hard game in the week but bringing mr wycombe on and not kashket for freeman or parker smacked of protecting a point ratjer than pushing a knackered team for the win to me. Excellent run from Smyth for the pen but shouldnt we have had one earlier for McCarthy? I notice a/the drummer has returned.

I wondered why we had Freeman and Wheeler perhaps the other way round than you'd expect? Maybe we were trying to use Wheeler's height over their 16 year rookie. Didn't really work though.

Bloomfield I totally agree. Unlike Gape, I'm not sure Thompson needed the break, and you'd have thought Kashket was the goal threat we needed.

The drummer only played sporadically, so I wonder whether it was Tom or the other guy!

• Not your usual standard of post @Wendoverman. Too much Rebellion!

• LOL tbh fat fingers and phone rather than proper keyboard @mooneyman . No alcohol involved then sadly but i am rectifying that now. Please come back and review my posts later as they may improve! ??