Skip to content

Catering changes tomorrow

Comments

• Surely a temporary measure while we transition from one caterer to another?

• You'd imagine so

• ABM knicked into touch then. But surely a huge loss in half time trade!

• What a disaster that outsourcing was.

Promises of better service, but with the club making a lower profit margin, only for service to decline.

• There has never been hot food for sale inside the ground. Body temperature at best.

• Not if they can smash out a tonne of chocolate bars and the beloved crisps instead. Must be a decent mark up on those sorts of snacks and can using the cooking staff it frees up to serve more people.

• Right decision in the interim. Half time has been a car crash for months.

• The ABM deal came about as a result of the club's short term need for cash, incompetence by those who negotiated it and financial self-interest. ABM were a problem the Couhigs inherited and from what they say are trying to sort out. If we boycott ABM and spend our money elsewhere it would be better financially for the club.

• Hi @NiceCarrots. Good to know that you have resurfaced in positive mode.

• Catering has been horrendous for decades, if there's changes on the way then good luck to them, have no idea why anyone would queue the whole of half time for a dog burger.

• Wait, what, they're selling pies from the ticket office? I guess that's one way to go paperless.

• The service hasn't been great but I do like a pie at half time so I hope it is a temporary measure.

• Is it just the hot food that causes delays? Or the hot drinks as well?

Otherwise, whacking a few mars bars and crisps out should be fairly swift!

• Pete Couhig: "We know we have had problems with long queues inside the stadium which results in people missing large parts of the match and, as a short-term solution, we have decided to stop selling hot food during the game, which means the process of ordering quick ‘grab and go’ items should be fast and effective. This is a trial for us and we’ll see how it goes."

• @BSE said:
    The service hasn't been great but I do like a pie at half time so I hope it is a temporary measure.

Good news! Looks like you can still nip out and pick one up from the ticket office window at half time.

• Make sure it’s got your seat number on it.

• The grab and go stuff stuff can be done by vending machines which would take the pressure off the kiosks

• edited January 2020

I was thinking you could have coffee machines inside football grounds as well.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I've was thinking you could have coffee machines inside football grounds as well.

Been saying this for months. They’re everywhere now .... why not in AP. Guess limited but intense footfall.

• I'm surprised it's not something Costa have gone into with their machines. Pretty crap coffee but convenient.

• Is there a football club in the country who can't serve a burger during a game?

The club really need to fix this soon.

Also never knew Kerridge Pies were a thing. An interesting development

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Is there a football club in the country who can't serve a burger during a game?

The club really need to fix this soon.

Also never knew Kerridge Pies were a thing. An interesting development

I'd imagine you would react violenty at any idea of going to a Premier league game, but it may surprise you to hear some of the big clubs don't even do chips inside the ground. Let alone burgers.

Instead favouring pies and hotdogs which are an easier quick fix.

• Wembley didn't do chips last time I was there, only various things '...and chips' - but not sure if that was just an NFL thing or not.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Wembley didn't do chips last time I was there, only various things '...and chips' - but not sure if that was just an NFL thing or not.

Chips or potato crisps, that is the question? @Wendoverman will be tearing his limited follicles out until he has an answer!

• No burger available at half time? One can only hope this is temporary. Was a bit surprised about the cost of the kerrige pies, was it 4quid for a small and 7 squid for a large....seems a lot for a pie.....

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    No burger available at half time? One can only hope this is temporary. Was a bit surprised about the cost of the kerrige pies, was it 4quid for a small and 7 squid for a large....seems a lot for a pie.....

Similar with the vegan van isn't it. They're quite whopping fees.
    But, if it works so be it!

If the crisps/cold goods thing works well, maybe they'll simply look at having a different queue for those, or even have a little stand outside of the kiosks to improve queue flow. So you literally only queue for hot food and drinks. I suppose the obvious issue is some want some from both..and you decide on extras while waiting...

Glad the experts are in charge

• Have they sorted out the beer tent queue for pre-pay yet? Every time I’ve got in it it’s full of people paying cash, which defeats the point of pre-paying.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Wembley didn't do chips last time I was there, only various things '...and chips' - but not sure if that was just an NFL thing or not.

Chips or potato crisps, that is the question? @Wendoverman will be tearing his limited follicles out until he has an answer!

Ill have you know i have a lustrous head of hair. Not mine I'll grant you but lustrous all the same.

• Had to laugh at someone in montys asking the girls about the wine. One if them had to have the constituents of a shandy explained to her. Bless!