Skip to content

I wonder why the Couhig deal hasn't gone through yet

It was supposed to have been by now wasn't it?

Comments

• Trust statement on Friday said they expected it to be completed early this week. So today with any luck?

• Now close of business on Tuesday, hopefully we’ll get an update this evening.

• Is it too early to start being concerned?

• @JohnnyAllAlone i’m sure there’s nothing to worry about. There’s a reason why lawyers bill by the hour.

• If they run out of beer and crisps on Saturday we should all be concerned.

• I recall they were still awaiting the Couhigs clearance from the EFL.

• The EFL have tightened up their fit and proper rules. You now have to write "I promise to be a good boy" 100 times on a blackboard, before they allow the ownership change. Positively draconian.

• edited January 2020

I thought as long as you could do joined up writing you could buy a club.

• What’s joined up writing?

• It's called cursive I believe @micra!

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I recall they were still awaiting the Couhigs clearance from the EFL.

Really? IIRC Rob passed it when he was interested in Yeovil and i'm sure he mentioned that Missy had been cleared too.

• edited January 2020

They got the date a bit wrong, but this was posted by the Trust last Friday: http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/2020/01/members-update-friday-10th-december

• Still waiting ......

• I'm sure it's nothing to worry about......

• Remembering that there was some criticism on this forum in the early days of the Couhig bid about "what's the rush", it would now seem that it was fairly prudent to move earlier as the season might have been all but over if we hadn't begun the voting process until after Christmas. That's not even to mention that we probably didn't have the capital to continue as we were. We should also remember that the deal here is without the sale of the stadium so in that respect it is possibly a little unusual and there will be unexpected issues cropping up that require legal closure. Just saying.

• Acquaintance of mine from Luton who works in the club shop says the Couhigs have changed their minds and bought Sunderland instead. Soon as the deal goes through the club are set to set to sign Danny Hylton on £3k a week.

• @floyd said:

@ValleyWanderer said:
    I recall they were still awaiting the Couhigs clearance from the EFL.

Really? IIRC Rob passed it when he was interested in Yeovil and i'm sure he mentioned that Missy had been cleared too.

I think they said they were cleared as individual people but the league now look at the overall financial viability of the whole thing too, that and lawyers doing lawyer stuff, hopefully sorted in a few days, wouldn't like to consider what happens if not.

• Striking up another new commercial partnership has to be promising, right?

• Wow, being a millennial football fan really is a different world isn't it?

• There was already a connection between the club and that company, but making it official seems like a smart move.

• @eric_plant said:
    Wow, being a millennial football fan really is a different world isn't it?

We'd love it if more people just came to games but most clubs advertise in one way or another, sensible to get this complicated area looked at by people who really understand it or you can waste lots of £

• @eric_plant said:
    Wow, being a millennial football fan really is a different world isn't it?

This is the 2020 version of putting posters up in pubs.

• I wonder what the definition is of ‘ early next week is’ in the last communication from The Trust last week as to when the deal will be done. Hopefully no problems. It would be good to hear from either the Couhigs or Trust that there are no issues to put everyone’s mind at peace. I wonder if this is holding up any potential new signings. I assume CMS must be training with us. Again no communication.

• I'm sure everything is ok......

• @davecz said:
    I wonder what the definition is of ‘ early next week is’ in the last communication from The Trust last week as to when the deal will be done. Hopefully no problems. It would be good to hear from either the Couhigs or Trust that there are no issues to put everyone’s mind at peace. I wonder if this is holding up any potential new signings. I assume CMS must be training with us. Again no communication.

I'd say 'early' in the week is Monday and Tuesday, but it sounds deliberately vague.

• I’d agree with that @chairboyscentral.

• Nice little bit on ITV News just now about the change in ownership

• Local or main news?

• @JohnnyAllAlone I'm assuming it was the London news. They were in a furniture factory - I'm not sure which - which I think they've done before.