Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Match day thread: Sunderland

1234568

Comments

  • @HolmerBlue I would agree if individuals here were physically confronting other everyday people and ridiculing them about their use of language in public. That would be out of order. But this a football forum, ostensibly quite a private setting (I.e., limited to a relatively small number of people who frequent this site) where a few people are communicating how some ex football players, being paid inordinate sums of money for their roles, cannot communicate to an audience effectively without resorting to tired cliches when that is the sole function of their job. It really isn’t crime of the century....

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • can't be many things duller than every post on a message board being deconstructed over its use of idiom and grammar according to that individual poster's personal preference

    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • @eric_plant said:
    can't be many things duller than every post on a message board being deconstructed over its use of idiom and grammar according to that individual poster's personal preference

    Isn't messageboard one word?

    👍 👎 ( 5 )
  • @eric_plant said:
    can't be many things duller than every post on a message board being deconstructed over its use of idiom and grammar according to that individual poster's personal preference

    awful thread!

    👍 👎 ( 4 )
  • Here is a little tip that works very well. I record Quest and start recording MOTD so that I have a fifteen/twenty minute margin then when I view said televisual feasts (on the night or sometimes with a nice cup of tea on Sunday morning) I can watch the highlights but whizz through the people dissecting the game and therefore am never offended by their take on the VAR decisions, lack of vocabulary or their verbal ticks.

  • JJ would be fine with Charles behind him and Gape, Obi, Thomo> @mooneyman said:

    @eric_plant said:
    can't be many things duller than every post on a message board being deconstructed over its use of idiom and grammar according to that individual poster's personal preference

    awful thread!

    Agreed. However you missed off the ‘, this’ that is the _plant moniker.

  • @Quarterman said:
    @HolmerBlue I would agree if individuals here were physically confronting other everyday people and ridiculing them about their use of language in public. That would be out of order. But this a football forum, ostensibly quite a private setting (I.e., limited to a relatively small number of people who frequent this site) where a few people are communicating how some ex football players, being paid inordinate sums of money for their roles, cannot communicate to an audience effectively without resorting to tired cliches when that is the sole function of their job. It really isn’t crime of the century....

    Its not just this thread though.... on pretty much all of them someone has to chip in with mentioning a spelling mistake or anything slightly wrong... tbh I find it pathetic

    👍 👎 ( -2 )
  • @HolmerBlue said:

    tbh I find it pathetic

    Is it really too much in this modern age to expect someone to type out 'to be honest' in full?

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • edited January 16

    @Wendoverman said:

    @HolmerBlue said:

    tbh I find it pathetic

    Is it really too much in this modern age to expect someone to type out 'to be honest' in full?

    Y

    👍 👎 ( 2 )
  • @Wendoverman said:

    @HolmerBlue said:

    tbh I find it pathetic

    Is it really too much in this modern age to expect someone to type out 'to be honest' in full?

    And there we go again

    👍 👎 ( -2 )
  • This has been an awful thread from the get-go tbh.

    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • @chairboycentral is that a Yes or a Why ?

  • @wformation said:
    @chairboycentral is that a Yes or a Why ?

    It's a Y as opposed to an N

  • @HolmerBlue said:

    @Wendoverman said:

    @HolmerBlue said:

    tbh I find it pathetic

    Is it really too much in this modern age to expect someone to type out 'to be honest' in full?

    And there we go again

    You realise I was joking @HolmerBlue ? Tough crowd...

  • "It's a gentle reminder that we can't take our foot off the gas." says Dominic Gape. Which one of the recent drubbings was a GENTLE reminder I wonder?

  • @micra said:
    This has been an awful thread from the get-go tbh.

    you mean from minute 1 surely? I think the thread is rather cute.

  • @Wendoverman said:

    @HolmerBlue said:

    tbh I find it pathetic

    Is it really too much in this modern age to expect someone to type out 'to be honest' in full?

    LOL

  • @HolmerBlue said:

    Its not just this thread though.... on pretty much all of them someone has to chip in with mentioning a spelling mistake or anything slightly wrong... tbh I find it pathetic

    Full stops would be preferable to ellipses, I fancy - there is nothing unsaid to be inferred in between these sentences - and essential at the end of the final sentence.

    It's.

  • FROM minute 1.... to us taking our feetings off the gasket, this thread has taken quite a weird turn. For me, in fairness, if I'm being honest, it's textbook gasroom.

    👍 👎 ( 2 )
  • @Wendoverman said:

    @HolmerBlue said:

    @Wendoverman said:

    @HolmerBlue said:

    tbh I find it pathetic

    Is it really too much in this modern age to expect someone to type out 'to be honest' in full?

    And there we go again

    You realise I was joking @HolmerBlue ? Tough crowd...

    About a minute after I posted I did, tbh was a bit grumpy earlier lol, ycmiu, soz, my bad........... but tbf I stand by my original post..... lol, haha coyb !

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @HolmerBlue said:

    About a minute after I posted I did, tbh was a bit grumpy earlier lol, ycmiu, soz, my bad........... but tbf I stand by my original post..... lol, haha coyb !

    Now this is a truelly horrendous post.

  • See @Wendoverman comments above for reference

  • This thread started off very well with views about the match against Sunderland but has seriously deteriorated into eric's 'very bad thread' territory. We've let the club down, the Gasroom down and, more importantly, ourselves. We have another game this weekend so let's draw a desperately needed veil over this 'awful' thread and make sure it does not happen again.

  • We go again.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • That’s what worries me

  • I couldn't read this thread every week

  • @LeedsBlue said:
    I couldn't read this thread every week

    Even though it has a very definite plan, and does what it does well?

  • You knew what you were going to get

  • All this time wasting gets on my wick.

  • edited January 16

    .

Sign In or Register to comment.