Skip to content

Kashket charged with betting offences.

Comments

• @Wendoverman said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Removing gambling company money from football might well be the moment it all finally implodes but they've removed cigarette and alcohol advertising and someone fills the void. What industry takes over?

Vaping

Interesting. I think vaping will be major health concern inside 5 years and will have been stopped inside 10 years.

Who knew that sticking smoke in your lungs regularly from whatever source could be unhealthy? I hear that injecting nicotine straight into your eyeball is best. They will never allow that in pubs though...

In 20 years watching tv, having tattoos, holding a mobile phone to your ear, walking at the side of pollution smothered roads and using laptops will all be seen like we see smokers and vapers today.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Removing gambling company money from football might well be the moment it all finally implodes but they've removed cigarette and alcohol advertising and someone fills the void. What industry takes over?

Vaping

Interesting. I think vaping will be major health concern inside 5 years and will have been stopped inside 10 years.

Who knew that sticking smoke in your lungs regularly from whatever source could be unhealthy? I hear that injecting nicotine straight into your eyeball is best. They will never allow that in pubs though...

In 20 years watching tv, having tattoos, holding a mobile phone to your ear, walking at the side of pollution smothered roads and using laptops will all be seen like we see smokers and vapers today.

It will depend on what you're watching in the telly, but as for the other stuff I feel like that NOW!

• Just read GA’s pre Sunderland interview.
    Bit concerned when he said “...and I’m sure I’ll have a little flutter” and relieved that he added “...in me as we walk through the front door.”

• edited January 2020

• At least my comment was relevant to the thread, even if it does fall in stony ground!

• Ffs, I thought this was the Sunderland thread.

• Language Timothy!

• I would be delighted with this move. Football has become too wedded to gambling in recent years. It’s possible to enjoy a game without a bet riding on it...the same could not be said for horse racing though.

• edited March 2020

Daniel Sturridge has his contract in Turkey cancelled, fined and banned for betting. There's a lot of it about!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Daniel Sturridge has his contract in Turkey cancelled, fined and banned for betting. There's a lot of it about!

Thinking about it, Sturridge is a well known footballer, more than Kashket. He as a top flight footballer should now better to be honest!

• Like Joey Barton!

• You get the feeling at whatever level many of our sporting heroes are not the sharpest knives in the drawer?

• Because only stupid people make mistakes

Have some empathy

• edited March 2020

Sorry Eric.

• Loadsamoney loadsafreetime. Can't have certain interests as they'll knacker them, so it's inevitable many will get suckered into betting.

We're all much older and wiser and would obviously spend all our free time reading Chaucer and suchly.

• I read that as reading Chaucer and strictly.

• When is SK back?

• Game after Oxford.

• He would be back for Coventry City but I doubt he would be fit??

• Coming of the bench to score a 94th minute winner I would imagine.

• Apart from Easter games, only Saturdays from now on.

Assuming Fred, Smith, Bayo and Wheeler stay fit, a little hard to see how he would fit in to the starting 11?

• He offers a different option, especially if we are in a situation where we go into games needing to win.

• Final game of season, we need to win at Accrington to make playoffs. Everyone is fit and reasonably on form. What would your starting 11 be?

• Who can say?

But 4-4-2 with Wheeler and Fred as wingers, and Bayo and Kashket up front would certainly be one of the options I’d consider.

• fair enough Chris.

I'd be a little worried whether Fred in particular would offer enough protection for JJ and whether midfield might be overrun. certainly an option though. Grimmer or McCarthy at RB

• @DevC said:
    Final game of season, we need to win at Accrington to make playoffs. Everyone is fit and reasonably on form. What would your starting 11 be?

Stockdale
    McCarthy
    JJ
    Stewart
    Charles
    Thompson
    Gape
    Wheeler
    Smyth
    Bayo
    Fred

Attack! Attack! Attack attack attack!

• As Eric, excepting I would be more restrained and play Ofoborh instead of Smyth.