Skip to content

Whete are we watching football tommorow?

2»

Comments

• I take it you’re referring to the Liverpool boys @Malone. When Milner came off injured I reckon the average age dropped to 20!

• The Merseyside derby has to be the least competitive derby in world football.
    Our resident stats man will probably have the figures already, but I'd be surprised if Everton have won more than 1 of the last 30-40 fixtures.

Losing to this lineup with their first team is an outrageously new low for them.

• edited January 2020

They've not won any of the last 21 - last win October 2010, last win at Anfield September 1999, last won two derbies in a row 1984-85. https://www.11v11.com/teams/everton/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Liverpool/

• @chairboyscentral said:
    They've not won any of the last 21 - last win October 2010, last win at Anfield September 1999, last won two derbies in a row 1984-85. https://www.11v11.com/teams/everton/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Liverpool/

Pretty slim pickings.

Whereas in the Manchester and North London derbies, despite times where one has totally overpowered the other in strength, there's always seemed to be a lot better distribution of wins. That's my perception, maybe the stats don't show that.

• Yeah, those two have definitely had their phases over the last 15 years or so, but they seem more competitive at the moment.

• Never underestimate those Liverpool kids.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Never underestimate those Liverpool kids.

Alright son, take your Liverpool love elsewhere ;)

• Back in the 60s the great Bill Shankly said "There are two great teams in Liverpool ,Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves "

• “A game of two halves yesterday, Brian” at Vicarage Road. Watford completely blew Tranmere away in the first-half & deservedly led 3-0 at half-time.

In the second-half Tranmere fought back magnificently to draw 3-3 with a penalty in the 87th minute. But two of the Tranmere goals were down to VAR overturns. It just confirms how the officials always tend to favour the bigger sides. It must be some sort of psychological phenomenon but VAR saved Tranmere yesterday. Great vocal support from their 2,700 fans (including a drummer).

• edited January 2020

It makes a mockery of VAR when it won't be used in the replay. How you can use different rules for the same match is beyond me.

• @mooneyman said:
    It makes a mockery of VAR when it won't be used in the replay. How you can use different rules for the same match is beyond me.

Even the same competition. Different standards of refereeing is simply farcical!

• @mooneyman said:

Yep.
    Im sure the first requisite of rule changes used to be that they're appliable at all levels.

• @Malone said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Going the liverpool v Everton game. Never been more confident of an away win!

Having seen that lineup, if Everton don't win today, they will never win at anfield again

I give up. Never in my lifetime have we been odds on to win at anfield and we won't be ever again. That was our best chance to end the 20 year wait. Absolute shite.

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:

@Malone said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Going the liverpool v Everton game. Never been more confident of an away win!

Having seen that lineup, if Everton don't win today, they will never win at anfield again

I give up. Never in my lifetime have we been odds on to win at anfield and we won't be ever again. That was our best chance to end the 20 year wait. Absolute shite.

Those 3 chances had to go in, instead of straight at the keeper.
    Disappointing, and I have an ugly feeling Liverpool are destined to have a dream season this year

• A beautiful feeling.