Skip to content

Match day thread: Coventry

12345679»

Comments

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Build a new one on the site of the ski slope ?

Surely earmarked for housing

• The chants start from the back step to the left facing the goal, or the two steps in front. The drummer who is in tune stands near me. Of late he has not used his drum a great deal as he has been put off by Tom being out of tune. I have spoken to both Tom & Paul. At a night match earlier in the season I asked Tom to slow it down. He took on board my advice. A few weeks ago after Tranmere away I bumped into Tom in Wycombe Town Centre. He was very upbeat, no pun intended & very polite.

I regret not having a word with Tom when I saw him enter the ground at our last home against match after his and Paul's drums were banned.

I started supporting Wycombe under Martin. Back in the day Cecil played the drums followed by Joe who now lives in the States and then my son. Joe came back to Wycombe for one match this season and I asked Paul to kindly let Joe have a bash. My sons drum is now in his loft! I am minded to offer my services as a mediator as I sometimes did that in my job before I hung up my boots.

Chairboys Barmy Army is 10 times better when Paul plays his drum as it keeps the fans in tune with the beat.

With regard to the acoustics, I thought that the noise from the Valley End was very loud against Ipswich, sadly when I played the match back on TV it sounded muted. This backs up the idea that that we switch home & away ends. Save standing must be the answer.

• I was just thinking it would be a unique place for a ground and we could take sloping pitches to new extremes.

• Imagine the havoc J.J. could have wreaked at Loakes’s park from the height variations on corners.

• Loakes...

• Would he have been able to take an uphill inswinger?

• I was always under the impression that foundations were in place so that if need be all 4 sides of the ground could be two tier stands ?

Having said that, if so can you imagine the traffic !

• For cost benefit, why not just put microphones in the Terrace and amplify it through a few LARGE speakers facing the away end?

• edited January 2020

Coventry/Bristol Rovers v Birmingham in the next round ? At least that prevents any potential issues with St Andrew's hosting two games over one weekend. Hopefully Coventry go out and we can get that game over and done with.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Coventry/Bristol Rovers v Birmingham in the next round ? At least that prevents any potential issues with St Andrew's hosting two games over one weekend. Hopefully Coventry go out and we can get that game over and done with.

I don't know - the later we play Cov the better? Ideally when they're at most knackered, with a cup game before it!

• I'm thinking of congestion down the stretch, but it would be handy to have the weekend off before Blackpool at home.