Skip to content

Match day thread: Ipswich

1235»

Comments

• A definite penalty for me if the ball didn’t go in. The keeper clattered into Wheeler nowhere near the ball. I didn’t notice it being mentioned on the TV commentary.

• Not trying to derail but was it just me in feeling the fireworks often described a 'W' followed swiftly by another? If so, a lot of thought went into the display. I thought it was great so thank you and well done.

• The Samuel foul looks outside the box on the highlights.

• @Chris said:
    The Samuel foul looks outside the box on the highlights.

Thank goodness we didn't need to rely on the ref to even give anything.
    Some refs have the tendency to ignore players getting smashed once they've released the ball.
    You see it reasonable often, a player shoots, off target, and just after get wiped out. Then the ref seems to decide as they got the shot off, it's fine!

• No pyro no party.

• edited January 2020

Interesting views from three Ipswich fans on their experiences of Adams Park from about 15 mins in here - sensible stuff, not shouty and sweary!

• On the firework video who’s the guy running from side to side at regular intervals seemingly completely oblivious to the show?

• Will Keane, Ipswich striker warming down

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Interesting views from three Ipswich fans on their experiences of Adams Park from about 15 mins in here - sensible stuff, not shouty and sweary!

That was interesting. Nice guys. Fair-minded discussion of the game.

• The White Horse story is pretty funny tbf, although the Bucks Free Press haven't half milked it.

Will Keane, Ipswich striker warming down

He got a song from the Terrace, "You're just a shit Andy Carroll..."

• Allsop was indeed very good yesterday...@our_frank

We won't get either of them in. Morris is still having trouble with a problem in his stomach area. McCarthy was ruled out for six weeks in early November with a bad toe injury so not sure he'll be fit - and we don't need competition at right-back, just cover as we literally have one player for that position.

McCarthy is starting today...so he's back available. Just a question of whether he's in as as a rotation job or can compete for a place.

• An assist for Millwall's 3rd goal too

• Would be interesting to know he feels about the move 6 months on.
    Higher wage of course, but fairly limited action, albeit some due to injury, and watching his old team have a whale of a time.

• edited January 2020

Ipswich fielded a strong team against an Exeter second string in the FL Trophy today and went and lost. Impressive.

• Another edit needed I feel @chairboyscentral.

• Honestly, I've given up on trying to type things slowly and correctly, my Millennial fingers just won't allow it.