Skip to content

Match day thread: Ipswich

Comments

• For those of you who cannot attend the game, it is on Sky Sports Football. It will NOT be avaliable on ifollow.

• edited January 2020

Preview and Opposition View on Chairboys Central. COYB!

• Could be very low viewing figures for this one. All Championship games are live on red button and all PL live on BT. Still, let's put on a show in front of the cameras!

• Lambert contract extended to 2025. Lot of Ipswich fans unhappy.

• Surely they bin him off if they don't go up? Odd decision.

• Anyone else having trouble with iFollow from abroad? Is this anything to do with the game being on sky?

• So Freeman and Smyth to start. Good stuff.

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    Anyone else having trouble with iFollow from abroad? Is this anything to do with the game being on sky?

Pretty sure if it’s on sky ifollow can’t show video for it.

• Ofoborh is having a blinder.

• 100 % improvement. Both teams quite ordinary at the moment but getting feisty. Just need a goal

• Smyth Freeman wheeler ofoborh all very good value. Just need to watch Ipswich on the break. Lambert not happy.

• Also Alex Samuel hold up.play in first ten minutes shows why he's rated by Gareth and dobbo.

• Gotta mention Charles' goal line clearance early doors, whole team playing well

COYB!

• Oh man, that miss from Smyth ?

• Undone by more witless defending. Second half effort very poor - just random long balls so far.

• Watching this on telly today so you get a different perspective. They look like two pub teams to me.

• Did not see that turnaround coming. Pure beast mode. Ofoborh got more immense as the game went on.

• We played much nicer and more effective football once the beast came on. Ofoborh deserves ten man of the match awards for that performance. He was incredible.

• We still can't be caught based on games in hand. It's getting more and more bunched, though!

• I thought Stewart was outstanding and my motm, i just hope he stays fit for the rest of the season. A few results also went our way today and at least we stopped our losing run and have no game on saturday so hopefully our injured players will be back soon.

• edited January 2020

A solid performance and a decent point after the recent mini downturn. Not bothered about the long balls - we weren't overdoing them like we were to an embarrassing extent v Coventry - although it obviously took the Beast's introduction to make them really work. Completely switched off for their goal but what a finish by Wheeler, the second such goal Ipswich have conceded in their last two games. Ofoborh man of the match again - he's got such great potential - and special mention also to Blooms, who seemed to find a second wind after looking spent after about an hour. Weekend off should do us good before the trip to a small club in the north-east.

• Looked so much better when Bayo came on, we won a header for a start !

Thought Samuel,Smyth (apart from the miss) and Stewart were stand outs most of the game and Ofoborh and Wheeler got better as the game went on

• Was surprised to see Smyth taken off, but maybe Gareth is just easing him through this first 'phase' after coming back from injury?

• Decent point - happy to take that. Ofoborh absolutely immense

• We didn't miss the drum at all either.

• Great atmosphere for the most part today, Tractorboys played their part and were pretty loud but the Terrace was mostly united. Great to see the shift in energy to having belief even at one down.

Turning point was the Beast coming on today. Wish Nick could have come on as an impact sub as well. Great match to be at and starts the new year off well.

COYB!

• Ofoborh MOTM by a mile. If we went up he would be my number one target or at least another years loan. Best young loanee we've had since Alfie Mawson.

• @mooneyman said:
    Ofoborh MOTM by a mile. If we went up he would be my number one target or at least another years loan. Best young loanee we've had since Alfie Mawson.

Err.... think Eberechi Eze is the best player he has ever coached according to Gaz.

• I’m just going to bang on about Ofoborh in this thread, but at times it felt like there was more than one of him on the pitch, exemplified by a moment near the end where he played a pass on the edge of the Ipswich box, recipient got tackled and Ipswich made it two thirds of the way up the pitch before Wycombe got a tackle in, and that tackler was Ofoborh. If his shooting had been on target too that would have been the performance of the season.

• @MBS said:
    Watching this on telly today so you get a different perspective. They look like two pub teams to me.

Yup two teams that have lost the last three games to be sure