Skip to content

Match day thread: Coventry

Once again this game is also available in the uk on Ifollow for those unable to get to the game:

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/201920/december/wycombe-wanderers-vs-coventry-city-on-29-dec-19/

Comments

• edited December 2019

Usual bits ?

Preview: https://chairboyscentral.com/2019/12/28/preview-wycombe-v-coventry/

Opposition View: https://chairboyscentral.com/2019/12/27/the-opposition-view-coventry/

COYB! Let's turn the 100% losing record into 80%.

• Check the train times if you are going that way, between Xmas and Sunday and new schedules it's all a bit different today.

• I know Gaz is manager and we trust him, but (he'll hopefully score a hat trick now) I just cant see how Kasket gets in in front of Smyth

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I know Gaz is manager and we trust him, but (he'll hopefully score a hat trick now) I just cant see how Kasket gets in in front of Smyth

Maybe because smyth played longer a few days ago, kashket has a long ban coming and smyth will need to start in 3 days.

Maybe some of those combined?!

• Little and large!

COYB!

• 30mins before kick off and the queue is a mile down the road...i would be getting a bit nervous in that queue!

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I know Gaz is manager and we trust him, but (he'll hopefully score a hat trick now) I just cant see how Kasket gets in in front of Smyth

Has delivered far more for this club than Smyth or Aarons

• By the way I'm taking all the credit if he has a blinder and scores now !

• @HolmerBlue said:
    By the way I'm taking all the credit if he has a blinder and scores now !

Possibly a bit of using him before we lose him too

• Spot the team who didn't play midweek.

• losing already

• Level already!

• My comment has not aged well.

• We've been awful.

• we have been quite frankly an embarrassment...this is where GA now needs to show how good he is .....starting line ups is not good enough....sido should not be starting

• edited December 2019

Too narrow, Wheeler - the best attacking player in the side - not getting nearly enough of the ball, defence a mess at times, albeit not helped by being half changed (but would rather Sido at CB and Phillips at RB).

• We have made mistakes defensively but have put them under a lot of pressure. Things have just not gone our way, with a Bloomfield slip, a Sido brain-fart, and what looked like an offside third goal.

We were always going to have a difficult run at some point. Chin up!

• Ainsworth out

• That sido work for their second was utterly madcap. Just clump it away.
    Instead plays a ludicrously underhit ball. Then trips their player up.
    Lucky the old red card rule has changed.

He's playing like he's read a few people's comments about him not being a right back these days.

• A draw or not conceding anymore will be miraculous.
    We simply can't deal with having more than one first choice back four player out

• We need a right-back in January, can't rely on Sido to fill the Grimmer role.

• Men against boys..... Coventry showing how simple it is to play football on the ground.... we look absolutely terrible.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    We need a right-back in January, can't rely on Sido to fill the Grimmer role.

Bring back Harriman?
    Signed a short term contract with Northampton in september, don’t know if he has signed an extension

• leaving....today is the worst I have seen us play in years

• I'm tempted to leave but will bite the bullet.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I'm tempted to leave but will bite the bullet.

I've given up watching on iFollow but at least i'm only a tenner down i feel for all our fans watching this shite at AP.

• If there is ever a time to make changes... Why not now? Freeman or Pattison on for Blooms? And why not give Parker some minutes?

• Everything that can go wrong, has. Coventry are a bad match up too. But let's not overreact. We are still an exceptional team that is top!

• Exceptional team ? Were a laughing stock ..... we need players in and fast !!!

• edited December 2019

Not really, we're just showing that we're not realistically one of the top two teams in the division over the course of a season - this isn't even realistically a play-off squad. Still horrific stuff, mind you.