Skip to content

Match day thread: Portsmouth

BSEBSE
edited December 2019 in Football

Comments

• BSEBSE
    edited December 2019
  • It’s ‘orrible, wet and gusty, and apparently set to be that way for the rest of the day.

I suspect this won’t be one for the footballing purist.

• Whatever happens we'll still be top after today, hopefully on 46 points with both posh and Ipswich slipping up with shock defeats.....

COYB

• Ideal day for our shithousery.

• @PBo said:
    It’s ‘orrible, wet and gusty, and apparently set to be that way for the rest of the day.

I suspect this won’t be one for the footballing purist.

Went to the one called off at half time, iPlayer and the Brandy will do for me today, safe journeys anyone going.

• rain eased a little...parked up with sausage sandwich 10 mins from ground...

• I remember that biblical storm just over six years ago (22 October 2013 to be precise). Totally unexpected and we were all more or less literally soaked to the skin. An uncomfortable journey home; my squelching trainers took a week to dry out.

The meteorological office were not forecasting thunderstorms that evening and I went off their forecasts for a time - I discovered after the event that The Weather Channel, an American based company had correctly forecast storms on the south coast that evening.

It seems that with weather forecasts nowadays you pays yer money and makes yer choice. BBC Weather (supplied since 2017 by MeteoGroup) has been rather unreliable lately so I’ve taken their forecast of a 75% chance of rain in Portsmouth this afternoon with an unhealthy dose of salt but The Weather Channel have it at 45-60% and the Met Office only 10%. There is unanimity over the blustery wind though!
    One thing is certain. No-one will be soaked to the skin. And it will be pretty mild.

@bigred87 has made me hungry with his mention of sausage sandwich. And there was i yesterday saying I’d not eat again for at least 24 hours.

Hope all you hundreds of loyal fans have reason to be cheerful on the journey home.

• Good line up.... looks like the ball will be on the ground a lot more

• Strong and pacy lineup this afternoon - apologies for not being able to post it - but Sido will have his work cut out dealing with Roman Curtis. Delighted to see that Freeman starts.

• Ronan?

• Portsmouth unbeaten at home in the league? What better day for that to change!

Excited by the rare wing combo of Aarons and Smyth.

• Sorry to hear you’ve put on weight over the Christmas period Phil.

• iPlayer video screwed again

• Harness destroyed JJ last season while playing for Burton. He has just entered the field of play. NOT GOOD!

• Strong shut out job in a first half away again.
    But an unusual mix of having little possession, barely threatening, but having loads of corners!

Thompson could have been a real miss, but Pattison hasn't allowed it to show so far.

Roll on sneaking a winner somehow.

• Couple of nervous moments at the back, look good playing on the floor going forward and need to make the most of all the corners!!!!!

• Peterborough 1-0 down to Doncaster at HT.

• A case for Josh Parker at some stage? Or probably Wheeler with his match fitness and aerial ability?

• Not sure how we’ve only had one shot but 9 corners.

• Mass defending by Pompey who have been under the cosh at times.

• As usual the wheels come off post Christmas.

• Somewhere out there, Richie and Trevor are arguing furiously in their bedsit, about who gets to log into the Gasroom first.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Somewhere out there, Richie and Trevor are arguing furiously in their bedsit, about who gets to log into the Gasroom first.

I think Gerry beat them to it.

• Only positive, is that Ipswich drew, Peterboro got smashed at home, and Rovers lost at home to Wimbledon!

We need a good return v Coventry though. Nervous they've had a rest today though, that does not help, not to mention them being a massive bogey team for us,

• Bristol Rovers were second in the table for about 45 minutes today, down to 6th now. It’s incredibly tight behind us.

• Another good performance, but we came up against a Pompey side back at their best. Ofoborh was absolutely brilliant. We did miss Bayo in the air, but they defended set-pieces really well for the most part. Still top of the league. On to Coventry!

• Agreed @Malone. Today could have been much worse. Hard to be too concerned when you look at the league table, but we need something positive to happen against Coventry.