Skip to content

Comments

• When Jordan Archer played for us he was good enough, His distribution was what let him down. Oxford will have to play from deep as they wont want him kicking. The new rule where you can pass to your defender in the penalty box will help them. I still fancy us to take all 3 points.

• edited December 2019

I didn't notice them doing much of that last night, but I suspect they do it in the league - another reason to start Samuel maybe. As for distribution of League One goalkeepers, I think there's a case to be made for Allsop's being the best. He seems to have really come on in that sense this season.

• edited December 2019

@chairboyscentral said:
    I didn't notice them doing much of that last night, but I suspect they do it in the league - another reason to start Samuel maybe. As for distribution of League One goalkeepers, I think there's a case to be made for Allsop's being the best. He seems to have really come on in that sense this season.

I'm not sure I can go along with this proposition. I have nothing against him and have been pleased to see him more willing and more confident to come off his line but to what extent is it possible to attribute our excellent defensive record to his 'keeping? For sure, it says a great deal for our defending but I cannot recall a meaningful save of his in the last few games.

• Oh, one of my pet hates is giving clean sheet awards and whatnot solely to goalkeepers, but he has been excellent when called upon. I am only on about his distribution being arguably the best in the league, though. I wouldn't say he's the best all-round 'keeper; that's probably one of the Premier League loanees in the division.

• edited December 2019

He's only made nine saves (a save approx. every 64 minutes) since we last conceded, five of which were v Tranmere.

• edited December 2019

Tending to confirm the impression that we've enjoyed a rare mixture of excellent defending and some luck with opponents' below average shooting.

• Club preview says Gaz "is expected to have a fully fit selection to choose from"... Has Fred recovered much quicker than expected? ?

• edited December 2019

@chairboyscentral said:
    Club preview says Gaz "is expected to have a fully fit selection to choose from"... Has Fred recovered much quicker than expected? ?

Can't remember the last week roughly the same message didn't come out on the Friday. Have learned to pay zero heed to what comes from Gareth about player availability.

• Could someone please put me out of my misery. It’s supposed to be my early night but I’m keen to know who the Oxford Mail reporter considers are the three Wycombe players to watch. For some reason the Oxford Mail website won’t let me get past Joe Jacobson without a pop-up boiler ad, a privacy statement that’s reluctant for me to “Accept” it and intermittent screen freezing. Who are the other two please?

• You can guess one of them @micra. The other (non Beast) is Jack Grimmer.

• Ah, many thanks @ValleyWanderer. Grimmer is an interesting choice. He’ll be raring to go a week on Sunday, assuming he has recovered from his knock. GA gave the impression that Gape’s injury was the lesser of the two.

Goodnight and a merry Christmas to you and all fellow Gasroomers.

• Speaking to my diehard oxford mate..... they've got Baptiste and Brannagan back and more than likely Henry, according to him there 3 best players!!!! Id take a draw at this moment in time they looked really good in midweek

• I agree @bigred87. Hope you’re still doing OK.

• All good now thank you @micra hope your well?..... i shall be there today very nervous.... coyb

• I’m fine thanks. Like you, I’m very nervous about today’s game. At this point, I’d grab a point with open arms. Listening on iFollow is somehow more nerve-wracking than being there. COYB.

• Date I say a draw would feel like a ‘win’ today?

• For them maybe ?