Skip to content

will the boxing day game at Pompey be available to watch live on ifollow?

asking for a friend etc

Comments

• Last season's Boxing Day game was so I assume so.

• @eric_plant said:
    asking for a friend etc

Dev?

• Both clubs need to agree to it, but it falls within the rules of it being allowed - not televised and outside of the 3pm Saturday KO.

• No it's not available in the UK according to the EFL broadcast schedule checker.

https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/

None of the Christmas & New Year fixtures are available on ifollow- Oxford, Portsmouth, Coventry nor Ipswich.

Although the Ipswich game is available on Sky Sports it seems. Did I know this?

• I don’t know @Twizz. Did you?

• I have just looked at the EFL website and it now appears our games against Portsmouth & Coventry will be available to watch on ifollow - they are no longer on the list as unavailable.
    This would seem to be comparable with the information on the club website which is promoting buying ifollow passes as a Christmas gift - video passes to Portsmouth & Coventry are now available for £10 each.

• @Twizz said:
    I have just looked at the EFL website and it now appears our games against Portsmouth & Coventry will be available to watch on ifollow - they are no longer on the list as unavailable.
    This would seem to be comparable with the information on the club website which is promoting buying ifollow passes as a Christmas gift - video passes to Portsmouth & Coventry are now available for £10 each.

Now that is good news, as call me fair weather, but away games on Boxing day are an awkward one for me.

• edited December 2019

@Malone you're fairweather ?️

• this is absolutely tremendous news

• Does anyone know if these would be available on Skybet as the Ipswich game was?

• I'm surprised the club have allowed the Coventry game to be shown. You'd like to think we'd get a normal crowd on a Sunday, even at the time of year.

• I guess over the Christmas period some people can't make it to games for various reasons and the club reason they'll at least be getting a few quid off them. Good news on the Pompey game - would have missed it completely otherwise.

• edited December 2019

All I saw was that we've passed 10,000 tickets sold for the Coventry and Ipswich games - presumably home only. I know Coventry have sold out their allocation - not sure if they'll get a block in the side.

• Yeah, I agree with @MindlessDrugHoover regarding the Pompey game. No chance of me/us making that one.

• Does our current authorised capacity allow us to sell 10,000 @chairboyscentral ?

• I’m sure both will be bumper to bumper crowds - I’ve been surprised by the number of people who’ve said they’ll be going to the Coventry game including my barber and his fellow snipper who have probably not attended a Wycombe game since the play-off final.

• I’ve fallen in kerplonk. You’re referring to the combined total @chairboyscentral (home only, let’s hope) for Coventry and Ipswich. (It’s very early for me,)

• It's quite early to be talking to yourself too @micra

I hope these two games get big crowds. They are both massive matches.

• I was intending to go to the Portsmouth game but it seems there are no trains running from London. In that context, that the game will be available on iFollow is a godsend

• @micra said:
    Does our current authorised capacity allow us to sell 10,000 @chairboyscentral ?

10,000 across the two games!

• Thanks! I fell in at 9.09 @chairboyscentral .

• edited December 2019

@OakwoodExile said:
    I was intending to go to the Portsmouth game but it seems there are no trains running from London. In that context, that the game will be available on iFollow is a godsend

The logistics are a nightmare on public transport. Few trains to London from Oxon/Bucks, and then the only option from London is a £36 2hour National Express.

Decided not to bother now its on ifollow.