Skip to content

when does everyone think we'll clinch promotion?

Comments

• Which part of town is that? Looks like opposite where M&S is now? I don't know the road names...

• edited November 2019

@drcongo said:
    Health and safety gone mad.

I know, can't believe the cyclist wasn't wearing a helmet

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Which part of town is that? Looks like opposite where M&S is now? I don't know the road names...

Yes M&S now stands roughly where that car park is. Denmark Street runs alongside I believe

• edited November 2019

@chairboyscentral said:
    Which part of town is that? Looks like opposite where M&S is now? I don't know the road names...

Stuart & Arnold's was across from the old bus station. If the photo were slightly wider to the left would be Tescos.

• We are now the bookies' favourites for the title.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    We are now the bookies' favourites for the title.

weren't we bookies favourites for the drop at the start of the season? :smile:

• Surely we weren't after all our transfer activity?

• Joint favourites with Bury to go down I believe @Wendoverman

• edited December 2019

Quite a few websites, magazines, podcasts etc. did their pre-season predictions too early. Not saying they would have had us even in the top six after the Couhigs appeared on the scene, but they wouldn't have been tipping us to go down.

• @drcongo said:
    Joint favourites with Bury to go down I believe @Wendoverman

Bookies!

• To be fair Sunderland's price of 66/1 for relegation could be worth a sneaky fiver

• Can you imagine? There'd be no stadium left if they went down to League Two.

• @fedup1980 said:
    To be fair Sunderland's price of 66/1 for relegation could be worth a sneaky fiver

I think you forget after the match at Adams Park their fans confidently predicted that despite winning there was no way Wycombe would finish above them...

• @drcongo said:
    Health and safety gone mad.

Gone missing.

• edited December 2019

Read into this what you will, but this is the first table I've seen projecting us to finish as champions ?

See replies for an explanation of sorts of what goes into it. Tbh, it 's just exciting to look at stuff like this regardless of how little or much it means!

• I’m guessing the lower points tally for the second half of the season (for us) reflects the likelihood that we’ll drop a few over the next four games.

• I assume so. I predicted 8/15 points before the Burton game, but I hope I'm horribly wrong!

• It’s a tough run of games and to start with Oxford are a decent side and playing at home.

• I think it should take in the bistros of Marlow tbf

• What a visionary thread this was

• @Wendoverman said:

@fedup1980 said:
    To be fair Sunderland's price of 66/1 for relegation could be worth a sneaky fiver

I think you forget after the match at Adams Park their fans confidently predicted that despite winning there was no way Wycombe would finish above them...

aaah...happy days!

• @Forest_Blue said:
    It’s a tough run of games and to start with Oxford are a decent side and playing at home.

Some time later, Oxford lost at Wembley

• @eric_plant Can you start a thread called "when does everyone think Oxford will clinch relegation?" and then in a year's time we'll know if this one was a fluke.

• Its a good read back. I wonder if there was a similar thread on Ipswich's forum...

• Strangely at the time of this thread, none predicted some time in July.....

• Which part of town is that? Looks like opposite where M&S is now? I don't know the road names...

Totteridge Road surely? Sword House

• It was a great disappointment not to be able to have a victory parade. I suggest that the play-off parade be amalgamated into the FA Cup winners parade this May so both trophies can be displayed.

• LX1LX1
    edited August 2021

Pompey away would be cool this season. Someone could shimmy up the spinnaker and fly a Chairboys flag.

• At home to Wednesday, a mirror of the Hillsborough party in 2012 (although presumably they wouldn’t be getting relegated.)