Skip to content

Peterborough away (4th Jan) to be postponed

Comments

• edited December 2019

Is that Ewan 'Limbs' Hoosaami ?
    They don't want no trouble...

• edited December 2019

@EwanHoosaami said:
    Tried buying a ticket in the Oxford family section for myself, (61) & my son (15). Bought them and 30 minutes later got a call back from Oxford to say they had called WWFC and found out that we were season ticket holders at Wycombe and would be refunded our CC monies and I had been reported to the club! What for I don't know or what WWFC are supposed to do about it. If anyone has any spares please pm me.

Wow!!! That's incredible!
    Must admit i chuckled on reading that, but that's not really funny for you!!

Presume they traced it from you buying them in your own names, rather than by your debit card?

Can you not simply do it again, but use "Ewan Hoosami", or some other hoax alias (maybe not this in case they do a gasroom check ;) )

• How would Oxford have even suspected that you're Wycombe STHs?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    How would Oxford have even suspected that you're Wycombe STHs?

Signing up with his Wycombe address maybe?!?

• @mooneyman said:
    I am not sure Wycombe should be disclosing personal details of one of its supporters to another club. Breach of Data Protection Act?

So if Oxford rang Wycombe up, and said "here, we've heard the notorious Ewan Hoosami is infiltrating our home end, can you confirm he's one of your top boys", you'd think Wycombe would say "none of your bees wax?"

• The address, on its own, can't really have given the game away (can it?) because there must be a few idiots... er, I mean Oxford supporters, who live in Wycombe.

• There was - probably still is - always a car parked outside the Adams Park gates with an Oxford United sticker in the window.

• They obviously don't want a tsunami of Hoosaamis in the home end!

• @mooneyman said:
    They obviously don't want a tsunami of Hoosaamis in the home end!

Isn't it just known as 'the end' at the Kassam?

• @mooneyman said:
    I am not sure Wycombe should be disclosing personal details of one of its supporters to another club. Breach of Data Protection Act?

Quite possibly a breach and potentially special category data - personal information of data subjects that is especially sensitive, the exposure of which could significantly impact the rights and freedoms of data subjects and potentially be used against them for unlawful discrimination.

• @Cyclops said:
    The address, on its own, can't really have given the game away (can it?) because there must be a few idiots... er, I mean Oxford supporters, who live in Wycombe.

They probably checked wycombe addresses after we announced we'd sold out!
    Not too hard to notice

• edited December 2019

Does this mean our singing section will give a resounding rendition of "Empty sests" when they arrive and nobody will be quite sure if they are referring to what they are looking for - or what they can see in the home end?
    We could follow up with a chorus of "Empty Stand"

• Im sure oxford in the past gave 2200 in the away section or am i being misled by my memories?

• edited December 2019

They have some offer on - reduced prices for Boxing Day if buying tickets for this one or something - so had to reduce it as far as I'm aware.

• Looks like we would sell 2200.

• Apparently they are checking all High Wycombe postcodes & called WWFC & were told we were season ticket holders?

• Can the fans who are going pleass take a banner which reads 'You Can't Handle Our Hoosami'?

• I was relying on my non-south-east address to get round this but may have to re-think my strategy

• @bigred87 said:
    Im sure oxford in the past gave 2200 in the away section or am i being misled by my memories?

We took 2200+ a couple of times, but that was at the old Manor Ground.

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@bigred87 said:
    Im sure oxford in the past gave 2200 in the away section or am i being misled by my memories?

Only went there with Wycombe once, but it made the view from Wimbledon's ground look quality if you weren't there super early.

I just remember being at the front, very low and very wide, and didn't they have a gate of some nature blocking your view too?

• @Malone said:

@NewburyWanderer said:

@bigred87 said:

Only went there with Wycombe once, but it made the view from Wimbledon's ground look quality if you weren't there super early.

I just remember being at the front, very low and very wide, and didn't they have a gate of some nature blocking your view too?

Seem to remember there was a fence, plus a very conspicuous camera trained on the Wycombe rabble (and presumably all other opposition fans).
    Also, that ground must have had the most individual stands at any ground anywhere.

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@Malone said:

@NewburyWanderer said:

@bigred87 said:

Seem to remember there was a fence, plus a very conspicuous camera trained on the Wycombe rabble (and presumably all other opposition fans).
    Also, that ground must have had the most individual stands at any ground anywhere.

Even more than Bristol Rovers' current ramshackle job?

• Eight, as I recall, including various mini stands and sections of terrace. Happy memories of standing on the bleak, uncovered away end back in 2001 in freezing horizontal rain for 2 hours, to be rewarded by a last-minute Keith Ryan winner.

Amazingly, they upgraded to an even worse stadium.

• One of my favorite away games.

• Watched a WWFC game at the old Manor Ground from inside their hospitality box, which was about the size of our police control box. Might well have been that game back in 2001, but I don't recall that detail.
    Anyway when we scored my brother jumped up in celebration, arms raised, and put his fist through the ceiling.
    We weren't very popular .....

• I remember that game from 2001. The rain was absolutely torrential, but the last minute Keith Ryan winner made it all worthwhile.

I remember our first visit to the Manor under O'Neill, we took a huge crowd that day and Ryan also scored in that match along with Garner in a 0-2 win. Interestingly, we'd also played the day before, a 0-0 draw with Bristol Rovers

• @Wycombe85 said:
    I remember that game from 2001. The rain was absolutely torrential, but the last minute Keith Ryan winner made it all worthwhile.

I remember our first visit to the Manor under O'Neill, we took a huge crowd that day and Ryan also scored in that match along with Garner in a 0-2 win. Interestingly, we'd also played the day before, a 0-0 draw with Bristol Rovers

Although I was a wanderer then, I only went to a few games, and didn't remember what you say there.

Although you're not remembering the opponent right (Brighton), you're spot on with the 2 games in 2 days.

26-Dec-1994 Brighton & HA EL2 H D 0-0 7085
    27-Dec-1994 Oxford United EL2 A W 2-0 9540 Ryan, Garner

What on earth happened there then?

Looks like we also had a Friday game (16th Dec) for no particular reason?
    And no game for 10 days before the bizarre 2 in 2 days run?!

3-Dec-1994 Hitchin Town FAC 2 A W 5-0 2765 Garner (3), Ryan, Bell
    10-Dec-1994 Huddersfield Town EL2 H W 2-1 6790 Evans, Garner
    16-Dec-1994 Cambridge United EL2 A D 2-2 3713 Patterson, Evans
    26-Dec-1994 Brighton & HA EL2 H D 0-0 7085
    27-Dec-1994 Oxford United EL2 A W 2-0 9540 Ryan, Garner
    31-Dec-1994 Bournemouth EL2 H D 1-1 5990 Carroll

@ChasHarps , you're the best memory man, any rememberances on this period?
    @Steve_Peart as well?

• Cambridge played all their home games on Friday nights didn't they?

• @Malone, I must admit I can't remember why two in two days was scheduled that season, and my searches have failed to throw any light on it so far.